Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2013, 11:28 AM - 2 Likes   #1

RX1R on Bora Bora

Hi guys, you might remember me, I have been looking for a compact high quality system for a long time.
At some point I owned a complete Pentax + Limited glass setup, this picture is actually showing what I owned,
I took it and somehow it went viral

I recently started my site about travel photography and my favorite cameras, you're welcome to check it out:

Lenticular Travel, Best photo locations in the word, miles and points,Lenticular Travel

Anyway, my recent favorite travel camera is Sony RX1R. I'm still waiting for the A7R and will for sure report
how I like it with high quality Leica lenses and some other favorite lenses I own. But RX1R is simply pure magic to me.
I took it on my recent Bora Bora trip and ended up using almost exclusively. This is a small set of my favorite shots.

Andrew

11-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing shots - very nice.
11-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Stunning!
11-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice images, but the place looks empty.

11-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

wow what a great site! I liked stumbling with the Iguazú and Patagonia articles as I am from Argentina. Bookmarking your blog.

And, what happened to the Pentax system? I was hoping to find an entry on it. How did you like it, why did you move away from it?
11-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
wow what a great site! I liked stumbling with the Iguazú and Patagonia articles as I am from Argentina. Bookmarking your blog.

And, what happened to the Pentax system? I was hoping to find an entry on it. How did you like it, why did you move away from it?

At this time Pentax Limited system was probably the smallest solution outside of Leica, which has been struggling (still is) finding a way to make
a good digital camera... I liked it a lot, especially a couple of FA Ltd lenses, the 43mm was my favorite. But the sensor in K7 was not great...
And I've been constantly looking for the "look", I know, very overused and exaggerated, but to me it's important in my photography.
Zeiss and Leica lenses have it, Pentax - less (I think 43 and 77 do ). I moved to NEX system where I had a much better sensor
and I could adopt some magical lenses regardless the mount. Now it seems like finally I have this option with the full frame sensor thanks to A7R...
11-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Andi,

I know it's pixel-peeping, which is bad, but look at this comparison . . .

Studio shot comparison: Digital Photography Review

Congratulations on your tough paper round by the way.

11-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
Forum Member

Wow! Beautiful work! I can't wait to see your lens tests on the Sony A7r! I too have been waiting a long time for a camera like that. I'm sure I'll buy it at some point, but not until I see a wide angle lens test that blows me away. I'm hoping that Zeiss will come out with an insane wide angle prime FE lens. Great website by the way, enjoyed it this evening. I subscribed to your newsletter.
11-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member

These shots are awesome!!