Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Dr Orloff's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton, England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 512
That'll do. If the Taks perform well then the K's will too.

12-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
That'll do. If the Taks perform well then the K's will too.
Super Multi Coated 3.5/35mm Takumar iso 800 I believe at 5.6
shutter 1/25th
12-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #18
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 200
Pentax A50mm 1:1.2 @1.2



12-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by schneider Quote
Pentax A50mm 1:1.2 @1.2


there seems to be a lot of noise for outdoor shots with an a7 at f1:1.2, What settings are these shots taken at I don't see that much noise even at 6400iso on mine

12-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 200
Sony A7 + FA77 limited

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
there seems to be a lot of noise for outdoor shots with an a7 at f1:1.2, What settings are these shots taken at I don't see that much noise even at 6400iso on mine
ISO 1600

The noise you are seeing is greatly amplified by the processing (NIK Viveza + NIK Color Efex Pro). In the original image noise is apparent at 100%, but it pleasantly fine and will clean up easily. I just did not do that and kind of liked the somewhat gritty look. Not a great example of sensor performance therefore.

The FA77 is very nice on FF. This one is at ISO 4000 @2.8:



Here's another shot at ISO 4000 @5.6(?), hand held:



and here's a 100% crop:



What I find great assets of live view so far are 1) focussing is more precise then is possible through the OVF of my K5 and 2) seeing the actual exposure (aided by the live histogram) makes it easier and quicker to get exposure in such difficult circumstances perfect. Mind you, the overall scene it not problematic, in this case al the lighting makes it very tricky.

That being said, I do not want to state that an EVF is superior. There are pros and cons to both an OVF and an EVF.
12-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
QuoteOriginally posted by schneider Quote
What I find great assets of live view so far are 1) focussing is more precise then is possible through the OVF of my K5 and 2) seeing the actual exposure (aided by the live histogram) makes it easier and quicker to get exposure in such difficult circumstances perfect. Mind you, the overall scene it not problematic, in this case al the lighting makes it very tricky.
thanks for the pointers on that, and the pics as well... outstanding work.
12-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
Pentaxian
disco_owner's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,623
Hi Sliver Surfer & Schneider , thanks for posting these Great shots with A7 , I'm planning on purchasing the A-7 soon , I won't need the Gazilion Megapixels of the A7r , Is there anyway you guys can post some shots with an smc A-20.

12-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
Hi Sliver Surfer & Schneider , thanks for posting these Great shots with A7 , I'm planning on purchasing the A-7 soon , I won't need the Gazilion Megapixels of the A7r , Is there anyway you guys can post some shots with an smc A-20.
You are welcome..I am sorry that's a pretty rare lens, I wish I had it in my collection
12-15-2013, 02:46 AM   #24
Veteran Member
richard balonglong's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baguio City, Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 350
Hello A7 users!
Post more photos using Pentax lenses such as 135mm, 50mm, 40mm, 35mm, 28mm all in wide open... More photos of portraits/people with sceneries, streets... =)
I'm planning to purchase an A7 this December or early January... =)
12-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #25
Pentaxian
disco_owner's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,623
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
You are welcome..I am sorry that's a pretty rare lens, I wish I had it in my collection

no problem , any images with the A-7 and Pentax glass is much appreciated.
12-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #26
Veteran Member
Dr Orloff's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton, England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 512
I'm interested in corner sharpness. The examples I've seen so far, especially with the Ltds, look great. But I haven't really seen any landscape type shots to judge sharpness throughout the scene. I have heard that film era lenses might not perform well in this area.
12-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #27
Pentaxian
disco_owner's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,623
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
I'm interested in corner sharpness. The examples I've seen so far, especially with the Ltds, look great. But I haven't really seen any landscape type shots to judge sharpness throughout the scene. I have heard that film era lenses might not perform well in this area.


Someone posted some shots of K-20 on Canon FF and it was sharp on borders, corners etc so I can't see why it would be any different on a sony Mount ?
12-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #28
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
My Little girl Singing her heart out at Rockband Showcase Tamron Adaptall 2 sp80-200 f2.8LD -1000iso f3.5 1/90 I have the original size 6000x4000 on my flicr page
Great shot and a lovely child.
12-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #29
Veteran Member
Dr Orloff's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton, England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 512
QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
Someone posted some shots of K-20 on Canon FF and it was sharp on borders, corners etc so I can't see why it would be any different on a sony Mount ?
Good to hear. I didn't see that. Link would be great.
12-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #30
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 200
A20

@disco_owner, I happen to have a test shot taken with the A20 as I am also looking for a 20/21mm lens. The DA15 is my favorite on the K5, so........ Unfortunately 20mm is a bit problematic at the moment, if you want to keep things compact and somewhat affordable. Rangefinder lenses tend to have smearing in the corners (except the Voigtlander 21/1.8, the Leica 21/1.4 and the Leica WATE - the latter would be very nice but completely out of my budget). Modern Zeiss ultra wides are very bulky (and expensive). Older generation 20/21mm's are more compact, but less performant (in brick wall tests! I've seen very nice pictures already with the Canon FD20 and Oly 21/3.5). I think the A/FA20mm sits in this category.

Completely unprocessed, @f8



middle detail 100%



left edge 100%



So we have vignetting (correctable), distortion (correctable) and loss of sharpness to the edges. Looking at a similar shot taken with a K5 and DA15, the DA15 is better on all accounts, albeit slightly. Moreover the DA is less wide, giving it an advantage.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a7, a7 a7r, flickr, lenses, lenses post images, m42, m42 lenses post, pentax, post, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What We’re Finding Wrong With the Sony A7 and A7r So Far interested_observer Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 104 05-12-2014 10:43 AM
Sony A7 and A7r Officially Announced (Full frame supporting K-mount adapter!) Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 152 04-23-2014 01:48 PM
What do you think of Sony's new a7 and a7r? OldNoob Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 104 12-31-2013 06:39 AM
Sony 24MP and 36MP A7 /A7r first look and pre-order today ! jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 83 11-23-2013 07:07 PM
First full size images of the A7 and A7r cameras with lenses! jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 50 10-15-2013 11:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top