Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
A7 A7r with Adapted lenses Post Images here

I picked up my A7 from Henry's today. Here it is with my Pentax-A 1.4/50mm. I was so excited I forgot to put it in Raw.....Please Post Only Pentax and M42 lenses here. I Like pretty much any lens but I think it would be interesting to just see pentax mounts in FF on A7

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 02-08-2014 at 09:46 PM.
11-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
Heres the bokeh of the 3rd picture 100%
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
11-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 50,147
My loaner from b&h shipped today. Will post some pics soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
I got a great deal on a la-ea4 with it. $250 discounted with purchase of A7so only $100

11-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,327
I've now got a hefty collection of M and K manual lenses, so please post examples of those if you got 'em!
11-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I've now got a hefty collection of M and K manual lenses, so please post examples of those if you got 'em!
Im going to be shooting a dimly lit rock venue tomorrow with my Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 80-200mm f2.8 LD pka mount.
Is there a lens you particularly want tested..I have alot
12-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Parry's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 600
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Im going to be shooting a dimly lit rock venue tomorrow with my Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 80-200mm f2.8 LD pka mount.
Is there a lens you particularly want tested..I have alot
If you have the Pentax-K 50mm f/1.2, that would be good.

12-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
If you have the Pentax-K 50mm f/1.2, that would be good.
I do have one but I bought it from a re-seller here on this site that told me it had no haze....so of course my luck it had haze all the way through. I cleaned all the front elements myself but how to get into the ones behind the aperture is alluding me. I will eventually send it out for a CLA (there goes $100 in shipping and labour)
I will take some pics with it but they will glow a bit.
TIPs of the day:
Always bring a flashlight when buying lenses. I didn't oops
Ask for an outdoor sample pic if its internet sale.
12-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
Pentaxian
Parry's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 600
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
I do have one but I bought it from a re-seller here on this site that told me it had no haze....so of course my luck it had haze all the way through. I cleaned all the front elements myself but how to get into the ones behind the aperture is alluding me. I will eventually send it out for a CLA (there goes $100 in shipping and labour)
I will take some pics with it but they will glow a bit.
TIPs of the day:
Always bring a flashlight when buying lenses. I didn't oops
Ask for an outdoor sample pic if its internet sale.
Apart from a Jupiter 11A, I've been really lucky. My K f/1.2 was as described, mint. It's by far my favorite lens although a real challenge, even on APS-C.

On the A7r I suspect it will be a bit of a nightmare until the brain and fingers have had time to connect to camera and lens. DoF at f/1.2 on APS-C is so shallow that in low light it's brutally tricky to achieve focus. On full frame I suspect this will be much worse.

Which M42 adapter did you go with for the A7?
12-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Pentaxian
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,327
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Ask for an outdoor sample pic if its internet sale.
I've bought quite a few M and K series lenses from the PF forums over the past few months, and all have been exactly as advertised. Your advice is good, but the PF group here are quite trustworthy and above-board!

As to which lens you use... I don't care. I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you got!
12-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Apart from a Jupiter 11A, I've been really lucky. My K f/1.2 was as described, mint. It's by far my favorite lens although a real challenge, even on APS-C.

On the A7r I suspect it will be a bit of a nightmare until the brain and fingers have had time to connect to camera and lens. DoF at f/1.2 on APS-C is so shallow that in low light it's brutally tricky to achieve focus. On full frame I suspect this will be much worse.

Which M42 adapter did you go with for the A7?
The focus assist on this is so accurate there is a little orange zoom crop square that you see when you pres the manual focus assist button "C1" you scroll it over the part of the subject you want in focus with the soft dial then you press the C1 button 1 or 2 time depending on how far you want to zoom in. Then snap the shot. Thing that would cause a miss focus is subject moving out of focus or you moving the camera back or forth.
12-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I've bought quite a few M and K series lenses from the PF forums over the past few months, and all have been exactly as advertised. Your advice is good, but the PF group here are quite trustworthy and above-board!

As to which lens you use... I don't care. I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you got!
I agree as well I trust this forum more than ebay.
12-02-2013, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
My Little girl Singing her heart out at Rockband Showcase Tamron Adaptall 2 sp80-200 f2.8LD -1000iso f3.5 1/90 I have the original size 6000x4000 on my flicr page

12-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Dr Orloff's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton, England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 512
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Im going to be shooting a dimly lit rock venue tomorrow with my Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 80-200mm f2.8 LD pka mount.
Is there a lens you particularly want tested..I have alot
I would be very interested in how the K30/2.8 performs, also the K20/4, K28/3.5 and K35/3.5.
12-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,558
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
I would be very interested in how the K30/2.8 performs, also the K20/4, K28/3.5 and K35/3.5.
hmmm only have m42 supertaks in 3.5/28mm 3.5/35 You can send me them and Ill let you know hehe
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a7, a7 a7r, flickr, lenses, lenses post images, m42, m42 lenses post, pentax, post, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What We’re Finding Wrong With the Sony A7 and A7r So Far interested_observer Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 104 05-12-2014 10:43 AM
Sony A7 and A7r Officially Announced (Full frame supporting K-mount adapter!) Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 152 04-23-2014 01:48 PM
What do you think of Sony's new a7 and a7r? OldNoob Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 104 12-31-2013 06:39 AM
Sony 24MP and 36MP A7 /A7r first look and pre-order today ! jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 83 11-23-2013 07:07 PM
First full size images of the A7 and A7r cameras with lenses! jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 50 10-15-2013 11:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top