Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
Banned

Samyang says five of its full frame lenses now available in Sony E mount

QuoteQuote:
Samyang has introduced lenses with Sony E-mount to increase its selection of 35mm full-frame lenses compatible with the newest Sony Alpha 7 and 7R cameras.

Following the announcement issued on October, Samyang released five full-frame lenses fitted with the bayonet Sony E-mount, including:
•Samyang 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC
•Samyang 24mm f/1.4 ED AS IF UMC
•Samyang T-S 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC
•Samyang 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC
•Samyang 85mm f/1.4 AS IF UMC

Wider selection of lenses currently available with this mount will enable users of Sony Alpha and Sony NEX cameras to take advantage of the best quality optics without any additional adapters. The lenses have been prepared for 35mm format, which makes them a perfect tool not only for Sony Alpha 7 and 7R cameras fitted with full-frame sensor but also for models with APS-C sensor, including Sony NEX-7.
Samyang says five of its full frame lenses now available in Sony E mount: Digital Photography Review

BTW full frame Samyang E mount cine lenses have been available since the beginning of the year for the full frame E mount Sony NEX-VG900 and B&H shows 35 full frame E mount cine lenses listed :
Lenses | B&H Photo Video

12-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Everyone is doing red rings nowadays. It's starting to look boring.
Time for something different - like green
12-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They look like regular F/EF/K mount lens with a E-mount adapter permanently attached, just saying....
12-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
They look like regular F/EF/K mount lens with a E-mount adapter permanently attached, just saying....
That would make sense. At least, that has been the traditional way that 3rd-party lens makers have made their lenses for mounts with short registration. That being said, the set screw on the side does look sort of hokey.

Steve

12-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
If you use two systems you might be better off using an adapter so you could use the lens on both systems like my Pentax mount Rokinon 24mm F1.4 that I use on my Pentax DSLRs and full frame VG900 with PK- E mount adapter.
12-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
If you use two systems you might be better off using an adapter so you could use the lens on both systems like my Pentax mount Rokinon 24mm F1.4 that I use on my Pentax DSLRs and full frame VG900 with PK- E mount adapter.
Do you retain automatic aperture actuation and exposure automation with your PK-E adapter? That would be a consideration, I would think.

Steve
12-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
The Samyang lenses are full manual lenses but there are adapters that include AF , auto aperture, IS etc like the Metabones Smart Adapter III .
Metabones®

12-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The Samyang lenses are full manual lenses
I got it. They are from Samyang's all manual video series and not their regular SLR lens line.

Steve
12-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i'm just now returning the pentax mount 14mm version of this lens to b&h, it was de-centered on the left hand side.

got mixed feelings about getting this cine version for the a7r... get a good one, it'll rock, but...
12-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #10
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
i'm just now returning the pentax mount 14mm version of this lens to b&h, it was de-centered on the left hand side.

got mixed feelings about getting this cine version for the a7r... get a good one, it'll rock, but...
I missed getting the Vivitar version for $176.17 by a few seconds earlier this year.