Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canon Cameras Are Most Stolen Digital Cameras

Canon Cameras Are Most Stolen Digital Cameras - I4U News

Nikon D7000, Canon 60D are the most-stolen cameras, Lenstag says | Digital Trends

Probably not surprising. Data provided by LensTab.

12-18-2013, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

That's one more point in favour of Pentax cameras - they are theft proof

Maybe I should ask for a discount from my insurer.
12-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Probably directly proportional to the relative numbers of each brand/model lying around houses or left in the cars. Canons are the most common cameras thieves find in homes and cars, therefore they are the most commonly stolen. Pure correlation -- thieves aren't passing over Leicas to steal Canons.
12-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #4

I wonder how much of that information is true and how much is just insurance fraud, considering the gear getting taken... especially when it comes to vehicle theft (car got broken into - sweet time to claim for a lens and body(that was never in the car in the first place), i could really use the new items or cash payout to pay off my "credit card/school tuition/mortgage,loan shark"

one idiot that tried to claim on insurance (policy was less than 2 weeks old) that his computer phone and laptop got stolen (yes a false claim) nothing was stolen.
the insurance company investigated then denied his claim and had him blacklisted (they had found out that the total of the items he was claiming was of similar value of the car sound system he had professionally installed a few days before claimed theft, and the fact that the installer pointed out they would of taken whole car due to it being (banzai coffin / extreme rice burner / young boy magnet) Subaru sti wrx (only the most stolen car in NZ) and the car was next door (glass repair place) the day before due to idiot locking keys in car and having to break a window to get to them.

12-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But, they don't say what % of the cameras from each brand are stolen per camera insured,which is probably all we want to know. We don't care if D7100s are the most stolen, if your Pentax is twice as likely to get stolen.
12-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

All I know is most thieves are pretty stupid... (most).

It's not camera related, but it illustrates a point...a friend of mine had his apartment broken into...and said friend has a very nice collection of firearms. RARE cool stuff. $2000 pistols and stuff like that.

Said criminal walked in the closet and took what he knew... a common type of gun that cost about $500 (maybe)... so sitting right in front of him was at least 50,000 dollars worth of high end stuff... but he didn't know so he picked up what he did know.

It was like breaking into fort knox and stealing all their awesome stationary.

He even had one box of untraceable ammo (just the ammo) that cost twice as much as the gun that was stolen...and the guy had to actually pick that box up and move it...

Last edited by alamo5000; 12-18-2013 at 10:25 PM.
12-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
It's not camera related, but it illustrates a point...a friend of mine had his apartment broken into...and said friend has a very nice collection of firearms. RARE cool stuff. $2000 pistols and stuff like that.
Sure its related you can shoot stuff with firearm or camera, pun intended

smart thieves work in groups and steal to order, dumb ones are usually young, work alone and only carry what they can in both hands and on the shoulder