Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LensRentals.com - A Bit of A7R Sanity

12-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

Not saying I'd buy the a7 or the a7R (I wouldn't, I don't want to switch to FF because I want to stick with Pentax for now) but I really don't see the point of people trashing a camera that they've never handled themselves - don't knock it before you've tried it.
I can really see the a7(R) flourishing though, especially given as though Metabones have adapters for Canikon lenses (with varying degrees of compatibility, the Canon mount is active, whereas the Nikon mount is dumb). Now all the system needs is some decent Sony/Zeiss glass and accessories and it'll be set so long as people buy it.
I'm glad a known name in photography has tried to give the naysayers a slap and stop with the trash-talk.
12-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting counter-point to the raves I have been reading and also the first-person accounts I have read from various online friends who have purchased the camera(s).

Steve
12-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I tried both in the Sony stores here.

Its a fine camera as most cameras are imo.
Smallish (could be thicker a bit, grip feels small and I have small hands), light and decent for AF/EVF, handling, etc as a camera in my opinion.
Focus peaking and magnification is simple enough at a button press and perhaps the best thing out there for MF lenses (though I cannot confirm this until I can actually MF>take picts>view on large screen. )

I would say that its perhaps the best FF thing out there now for MF lenses (yes, there are cons to WA RF lenses).
The Canon 5D series was imo, the former 'best FF out there for various MF lenses'

The article raises some points/pros/cons, and these are valid observations, but which camera is w/o any.