Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote

I think that is the "issue" and "solution" of your question .

Any pictures in those conditions will give you a small, faint grain.
Even at ISO 100, on any camera you will have a very small faint of grain (especially when you zoom in) on unprocessed pictures - is normal.

However, for ISO 800 the amount of noise is so small I think is negligible.

It is slightly more visible on the jacket because of the light conditions (sort of back-lit) and the color of the jacket (or rather lack of it).

I would be more concerned on that CA that you are talking about
VERY concerned about the CA. Luckily that's easily fixed.

01-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Pretty much every iso800 + shot I take has this kind of noise too it no matter the lens or the scene. I almost always have to apply some kind of noise reduction.
Sounds like you may have a problem. I found an ISO 800 shot here. Later tonight I can make a 100% crop to post but this also has no noise reduction applied either. I'm sure I'l see some noise in the gold panels at 100%. Everything above base ISO will start to show something I suspect if you look close enough. Those night shots I just posted of the lighthouse where shot at IS0 800 with a D4 sensor and there is noise in them when I look close enough.

Last edited by tuco; 01-20-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: More Info
01-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #18
Pentaxian

^^ Look at that!!!!

Quality.