Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I doubt there will be any issues with the EV dial.
If is anything like the MX-1 EV dial (which is on the edge as well), I don't think it will switch/move when putting it in or removing it from the bag

Did I said already that I really like this thing? Too bad it costs so much...
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Why when I just said my XP1 would get inadvertently changed? If you stow it in a tight area in a camera bag, for example, the friction can rotate it when you pull it out because it is not offset from the body. And I would tend to forget about looking at that dial because I didn't change it much.
No need to be so aggressive about it... as you can see on my previous comment, I was comparing it with the MX-1 dial (the new camera... not the old one).
Never had an issue with it and I am using it pretty much every day.

Also, as a personal opinion (no need to get defensive about it either), I always thought that if the bag you are using is so thigh that buttons, dials, switches gets moved out of place while using it, then maybe you need a bigger bag .

01-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #62
Pentaxian

No need to be so aggressive about it.
Sorry if my tone came off that way. I didn't mean it to.

But a simple change such as a smaller diameter dial that is not tangent to the body would go a long ways in preventing such things. Pretty much all film cameras had locking EV dials. Why not stand on the shoulders of the experienced gained of camera designers before you, I wonder.

My XP1 was also my hiking camera too. I would stuff it in my regular hiking day pack. Camera backpacks, IMHO, make for lousy hiking packs. Usually they emphasize camera protection over provisions for water bottles, clothing, comfort and food.
01-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Sorry if my tone came off that way. I didn't mean it to.

But a simple change such as a smaller diameter dial that is not tangent to the body would go a long ways in preventing such things. Pretty much all film cameras had locking EV dials. Why not stand on the shoulders of the experienced gained of camera designers before you, I wonder.

My XP1 was also my hiking camera too. I would stuff it in my regular hiking day pack. Camera backpacks, IMHO, make for lousy hiking packs. Usually they emphasize camera protection over provisions for water bottles, clothing, comfort and food.
I think there are hicking packs with camera pockets as well no?

Anyway, I agree that for those kind of conditions a locking dial will be more useful.
However, in their defense though, I think when Fuji designed these cameras, they had in mind more street photographers rather than hiking photographers.
01-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #64
Pentaxian

I think there are hicking packs with camera pockets as well no?
They do. I have purchased 3 different kinds trying to get one I like. Each falls short in some way. So I still use a regular hikers day pack. And because it doesn't say "camera" on the backpack, you get it for half the price.

01-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
now..... is Fujifilm a bigger company than Ricoh/Pentax?

How are they able to pump out cameras and lenses at this rate always surprise me. Their market share is probably similar to Pentax??
01-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #66
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ricoh is way bigger than Fuji.

Fuji does a lot of medical imaging stuff that Probably could still carry a small non profitable camera division.

Fujifilm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
01-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #67
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
And more: Yet More Fuji X-T1 Deets: Weather-Sealed Lens, .05-Second Shutter Lag

01-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #68
Veteran Member

That thing is sexy.
01-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
That thing is sexy.
Agreed! Looks way better than the DF!

Last edited by LeRolls; 01-23-2014 at 06:05 PM.
01-23-2014, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Agreed! Looks way better than the DF!

About the comparison to the DF - verified. You could replace Fujifilm with Pentax and completely convince me it was the digital LX.
01-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
About the comparison to the DF - verified. You could replace Fujifilm with Pentax and completely convince me it was the digital LX.
I'd agree with that.
01-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #72
Veteran Member

"...2.36M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.005-second lag, 8 fps continuous shooting with AF tracking, 0.08-second AF speed and built-in WiFi."
Someone make a 70-200 f2.8 for it one day and it might make an OK sports or event camera.
01-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Someone make a 70-200 f2.8 for it one day and it might make an OK sports or event camera.
A 50-140mm f2.8 OIS zoom is on the their Lens Roadmap slated for the end of this year.
01-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #74
Pentaxian

I wonder if this Pentax-K to Fuji X speed booster is any good... Anyone around here tried it?
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #75

I sold off my K-5IIs and lenses and bought the X-E2 with the 18-55 and 35 f1.4. If the new Fuji is better than the X-E2 it will be an awesome camera. I would love to get my hands on the 56 f1.2.