Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
About the comparison to the DF - verified. You could replace Fujifilm with Pentax and completely convince me it was the digital LX.
In a dimly-lit room, you can make those sort of mistakes, can't you?

Objectively, it's styling probably owes more to the Fujica film SLRs than the sleeker LX, but I'm with you on the comparison with the Df. In terms of pure looks, I think it's also more appealing than the Sony A7, but I'm sure there's a few here who love the Sonys more.

What, though, of the X-Trans sensor, which some of the more technology-savvy posters have decried as something of a frolic, that will never match the Bayer sensor, AA-filterless or not? The results don't seem to be at all bad, in spite of the alleged theoretical disadvantages, but I notice that the cheaper Fuji models are sporting Bayer sensors again.

01-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
In a dimly-lit room, you can make those sort of mistakes, can't you?

No need to be condescending. It's the closest thing to a retro 35mm that doesn't look silly or cheesy, like the Df, IMO. I have an LX and ME Super and otherwise zero experience with any other "vintage" brands. Forgive me for commenting on how I think the Fuji could be a modern interpretation of a digital LX body. Sheesh.
01-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No need to be condescending. It's the closest thing to a retro 35mm that doesn't look silly or cheesy, like the Df, IMO. I have an LX and ME Super and otherwise zero experience with any other "vintage" brands. Forgive me for commenting on how I think the Fuji could be a modern interpretation of a digital LX body. Sheesh.
No need to rush to judgment, either. It was a joke. As in meeting someone you think looks better in the dark than turns out to be the case. Perhaps I should have flagged it so it was obvious, with a smiley. Of course you're forgiven.
01-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
No need to rush to judgment, either. It was a joke. As in meeting someone you think looks better in the dark than turns out to be the case. Perhaps I should have flagged it so it was obvious, with a smiley. Of course you're forgiven.

Sorry bud...didn't pick on the 2 at 10 is a 10 at 2.

01-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Received an email from Midwest Photo Exchange advertising preorder today. Seems we're beyond the teasing phase.
01-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a very good-looking camera - personally I don't buy cameras to look at them so I'm 'safe' from the upcoming media lovefest
01-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Received an email from Midwest Photo Exchange advertising preorder today. Seems we're beyond the teasing phase.
Same, but from Vistek.ca comes with a free battery grip too.

tempting... but I've decided to expand my Nikon glass now.