Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
But, that doesn't mean I don't understand or that I don't like other brands or what they are doing.
Get with the program. You are suppose to criticize and hate all things that are not Ricoh/Pentax no matter how irrational it may sound.

01-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe not. There was a huge thread when the X Pro was released saying that the X Pro was going to kill anything that Pentax had released at the point. I'm not a retro guy, enough said.
I've seen that thread - I don't have the same opinions as all the others either.

I respect your preferences... each to his own I always say... .

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Get with the program. You are suppose to criticize and hate all things that are not Ricoh/Pentax no matter how irrational it may sound.
Please, do notice my signature

Last edited by mrNewt; 01-30-2014 at 09:25 AM.
01-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Third-party support from Zeiss is a nice advantage, too: Carl Zeiss Adds the Touit 2.8/50M, a macro lens for Sony and Fujifilm Mirrorless Cameras - The Phoblographer
01-30-2014, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is sad.....but I think I might buy the X-T1 just because it is good looking. If it works well that will be a bonus. I bought the X20 because I thought it was a damn handsome small camera...and it is...and solid as granite....and in good hands (certainly, not necessarily mine!) it produces nice images and has plenty of controls and functions normally only found on larger cameras.

When you like the looks, feel, and size of a camera, you tend to use it more...or at least I do. I hardly leave home without the X20, and the X-T1 might give me better IQ and still excite me to use in the same manner.

I have the X10 and X20 and have been generally very happy with both. I can't speak for the other X cameras, but I can tell you the X20 with the new AF system is faster and more accurate than my K5 Original. I am betting the X-T1 is a big improvement too.

For me, it's not a "Pentax thing" or a "brand thing"...it is a camera thing! I like good looking cameras, and the Fuji's I own have given me great pleasure...enough that I will most likely try this one.

Regards!

01-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #35
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
A nice little write up at TOP : The Online Photographer: The New Fuji X-T1
01-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #36
HSV
Veteran Member

The only problems I see with this camera, as well as some of the NEX, are: 1) lack of accessories, 2)lack of lenses. With the NEX, at least one can use Minolta flashes and lenses.

Read a rumor somewhere that Sony is adding SR to their future NEX's (or whatever they call their mirrorless cameras).
01-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #37
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
The only problems I see with this camera, as well as some of the NEX, are: 1) lack of accessories, 2)lack of lenses. With the NEX, at least one can use Minolta flashes and lenses.

Read a rumor somewhere that Sony is adding SR to their future NEX's (or whatever they call their mirrorless cameras).

From TOP:

"The X-T1, which looks like nothing so much as a mini mirrorless Nikon Df, is to the SLR form-factor what the existing Fujis are to rangefinder-style designs.

It has an EVF inside a faux central SLR pentaprism hump, and it's styled like an SLR. An old SLR—it's bristling with knobs 'n' dials.

And it arrives with a complete complement of accessories, including a leather case, a vertical battery grip, an additional hand grip in case you wish the built-in handgrip were bigger, four flashes that will fit and work (one of which comes with the camera), a remote release, and even a stereo microphone. Did I mention the body is weatherproof? The body is weatherproof. (Matching lenses—three weatherproof zooms with optical image stabilization—will be along later.)"

01-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
With the NEX, at least one can use Minolta flashes and lenses.
You can get a Minolta MD lens adapter for Fuji X cameras.
01-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
HSV
Veteran Member

Tuco..I mean, "sort of" natively...like TTL, AF, and aperture control.

Corto, sorry that I didn't read the part about the accessories...now I'm officially impressed with this release!
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Does anyone know why DXO Mark hasn't tested the X Pro 1 yet? Seems like it has been out forever, but maybe they aren't able to test it with its funky bayer array?
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Does anyone know why DXO Mark hasn't tested the X Pro 1 yet? Seems like it has been out forever, but maybe they aren't able to test it with its funky bayer array?
Not sure but perhaps their sensor does not fit their model and/or test procedures. It would be nice if they did but, heck, if you like the files who cares.
01-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
You are missing the whole point of this camera...

Also, Pentax has tilt screen on some of their cameras as well... and its working just fine so far... so I don't "get" your comment!?
I really don't know what is the point of the camera
Take photos??

If its performance, in the aps-c format, the K3 is better at the same price range.
Win some lose some on the lenses.
Not significantly different in size.
I don't see what the X-trans has that is significantly better than the 24mp or even 16mp Exmor.
Moire is over blown as an issue (we have a large Pentax group here and lots of K5IIs users w/o any complaints) and the X-trans never showed any more details at low ISO.
It does have a bit lower noise at higher ISOs though, but no game changer.
Fuji colors? - Never cared for them (or course that's personal)

For a bit more $$, if one likes MILC, stylo side of things, there is the Sony A7, which is FF.
AF is decent in most cases (I can't even say the same for the Fuji based on the past performance of the X series, which they always claimed to have improved on since X100 with new firmare)
As small and still reasonable in size with the FE 35 and 55 (ok... the 55 is a bit big for a 55mm f1.8)
Add to that, the ability to use any small RF and SLR lens at its focal length, opens up lots of options and possibilities (and fun)

Pentax does have tilt screen..
Yes, low end stuff on low end cameras.
High end stuff that is supposed to be subject to the wear and tear of such use, no as 'walk in the park' as you may think.
01-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #43
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that I need to have it! It fits my minds view of what a camera should look like. If it performs well too, what's not to like!

Regards!
01-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Not sure but perhaps their sensor does not fit their model and/or test procedures. It would be nice if they did but, heck, if you like the files who cares.
I would just like a reputable source tell me if there is any particular benefit to Fuji's sensor as compared to, say, a K30. Both are 16 megapixels, but I hear a lot of folks say that Fuji does better at high iso and has awesome dynamic range. Is it truly any better than a K30 or, a K50, or is it just different?
01-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #45
Veteran Member

I would just like a reputable source tell me if there is any particular benefit to Fuji's sensor as compared to, say, a K30. Both are 16 megapixels, but I hear a lot of folks say that Fuji does better at high iso and has awesome dynamic range. Is it truly any better than a K30 or, a K50, or is it just different?
Here is a comparison between the XM-1 and the X-A1 (which has a Bayer sensor) : http://www.fujirumors.com/x-a1-vs-x-m1-the-shootout/

The differences are minimal.