Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
His portfolio is not too impressive Rupert - I have seen far more superb photos on this site.

His portfolio using the D800 is terrible IMHO.

With the right processing any kind of look can be had these days.
no it's not that impressive. The work has potential... but I'm looking at these Fuji images and I'm left much less than impressed. Its the overall rendering. I would expect more from lenses that average in the $400+ range mounted on a $1200 camera. I would expect AT LEAST K5c quality, but I'm not seeing it.

The camera is one sexy beast, there is no questioning that, and the lenses are very intriguing...but the output is questionable right now.

02-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #77
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
no it's not that impressive.
You can determine that from an unknown shooter with a loaner sample where he admits they are "quick and dirty shots"????

Same sensor as the X-T1....see if these look any better to you? Open the following page and look at the samples of the 18-55 "Kit Lens"......meet your approval? Sure looks better than my Pentax 18-55 Kit Lens.....
FUJIFILM X-E1 | Sample Images | Fujifilm Global

I can understand "Brand Loyalty" but in all fairness I can go right here on PF and pick out shots from the K5, any version. or the K3 and determine that those must be "junk cameras" using your criteria. Let's be fair if we are going to compare, no matter what camera it may be.
I love my Pentax gear, but have no doubt it is not the only gear that is capable of fantastic results. I think most all brands now produce excellent cameras.....except maybe Canon???

Regards!
02-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You can determine that from an unknown shooter with a loaner sample where he admits they are "quick and dirty shots"????

Same sensor as the X-T1....see if these look any better to you? Open the following page and look at the samples of the 18-55 "Kit Lens"......meet your approval? Sure looks better than my Pentax 18-55 Kit Lens.....

I can understand "Brand Loyalty" but in all fairness I can go right here on PF and pick out shots from the K5, any version. or the K3 and determine that those must be "junk cameras" using your criteria. Let's be fair if we are going to compare, no matter what camera it may be.
I love my Pentax gear, but have no doubt it is not the only gear that is capable of fantastic results. I think most all brands now produce excellent cameras.....except maybe Canon???

Regards!
Fair enough. valid argument. I got D800 shots that looks like poo compared to the fuji images I'm sure. I guess I was expecting more?
02-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Regards!
Even Canon produces nice cameras.

If I am posting photos of a relatively new camera (or any camera), I like to make sure I demonstrate what it is capable of. Most of the photos in the K3 photo thread and the K5 photo thread demonstrate that these cameras, with the right glass and with the right photographer are quite capable. I'm just not sure what this one demonstrates.

I think the XT1 will be fine. I just don't see anything particularly impressive compared to anything else out there.

02-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I just don't see anything particularly impressive compared to anything else out there.
It's purty! That's impressive! ...and it has lots of dials to play with!

Regards!
02-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #81
Veteran Member

I got D800 shots that looks like poo compared to the fuji images I'm sure.
Wired, if you get too bummed out with that D800...as much as I love my Fuji X20...I'll trade you!

Regards!
02-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Wired, if you get too bummed out with that D800...as much as I love my Fuji X20...I'll trade you!

Regards!

Lol. There's no bumming here. Love that camera . Just saying I've produced my own amount of crap from it too

02-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Lol. There's no bumming here. Love that camera . Just saying I've produced my own amount of crap from it too
Otis said you wouldn't be interested, but it was worth a shot! He said there is a world of insane people out there and you never know......but he didn't think you were one of them!

Regards!
02-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Otis said you wouldn't be interested, but it was worth a shot! He said there is a world of insane people out there and you never know......but he didn't think you were one of them!

Regards!
Funny.... no one insane enough to buy my OMD EM5 kit though.
02-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Photography Blog recently did a OK review of the camera:

Fujifilm X-T1 Review | PhotographyBLOG

The electronic viewfinder seems to be very good. Lots of interesting options in there.

I also like the direct control switches on the back - including for metering mode. One of the worst design decisions Ricoh made with the K-3, IMHO, was to drop the direct metering mode switch that's there on the K-7/K-5/K-5II.
02-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Photography Blog recently did a OK review of the camera:

Fujifilm X-T1 Review | PhotographyBLOG
Anyone else notice that in the "Main Rivals" section they list the Pentax... K-7?!
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #87
HSV
Veteran Member

Digital Split Screen!!! plus peaking and magnification.

I think this one is, hands down, the best MF camera around.
02-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #88
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
Digital Split Screen!!! plus peaking and magnification.
I think this one is, hands down, the best MF camera around.
Digital Split Screen Fuji has introduced with X100s, I believe.
And in this T1 camera it looks better, I suppose.
But that is one of reasons I love and hate such cameras; they are true expendables of the digital age. The quality of the experience is as good as the camera’s EVF and a shutter lag, yet EVFs are still a far cry from offering an experience one can cherish for years and years. Yesterday’s X100s’ EVF is now nothing compared to T1’s, and the experience is already second rate. Yuck! It's the same thing as television — never enough dots to convey the experience of reality, always some change, some new 'promise'.

But thank god we still have theatres and live shows and music performances.
And pentaprisms.
02-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #89
HSV
Veteran Member

I guess the real selling point is that now the split can be used with any lens, including adapted...this opens a whole world of possibilities. It would be like a rangefinder, without needing rangefinder coupled lenses.
02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #90
Veteran Member

All that...and it's "purty" too!

Regards!