Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Helping a friend find his travel kit with Sony Nex

Hi guys,

A friend and his family are travelling to South Korea for 2 weeks. They are interested in the Sony platform but dunno which one to look at as there are just so many......and they ask me for recommendations...I thought I should ask this question here as I know there are some Nex users in this forum.

Their budget is A$600 for the whole kit. They are looking for a reasonably wide angle lens for the landscape shots. No need for extreme telephoto. A fisheye is also greatly welcome.

Any recommendation which Nex series I should ask them to start looking at?

Edit: I did see on eBay that the Sony Nex3N with 16-50 is $370 only....what do u guys think for a starting point?

Cheers

Last edited by raider; 02-16-2014 at 03:28 AM.
02-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Hi guys,

A friend and his family are travelling to South Korea for 2 weeks. They are interested in the Sony platform but dunno which one to look at as there are just so many......and they ask me for recommendations...I thought I should ask this question here as I know there are some Nex users in this forum.

Their budget is A$600 for the whole kit. They are looking for a reasonably wide angle lens for the landscape shots. No need for extreme telephoto. A fisheye is also greatly welcome.

Any recommendation which Nex series I should ask them to start looking at?

Edit: I did see on eBay that the Sony Nex3N with 16-50 is $370 only....what do u guys think for a starting point?

Cheers
The Sony NEX-3N with 16-50mm PZ OSS lens is $298 on Amazon and I use it more than any camera I have for all around shooting with wi-fi card that uploads to my iPad.
Amazon.com: Sony NEX-3NL/B Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera Kit (Black): SONY: Camera & Photo

It is the #1 selling compact system camera on Amazon.
Amazon Best Sellers: Best Compact System Cameras

My 3N next to my Pentax Q: