Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 395
Is it just me or does the new Fuji X-T1 look a lot like an LX?

I think it's very close. Funny to read all the gushing about the ergonomics etc :-)

02-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Forum Member
Woolcott's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: London
Posts: 79
QuoteOriginally posted by Jamey777 Quote
I think it's very close. Funny to read all the gushing about the ergonomics etc :-)
I had a play in my local camera shop and I think it's nice, but maybe not quite as nice as some online are making out.

Love the EVF though - far better than the effort in the X-E1 I shortly owned!

As far as similarities to the LX, absolutely. I think it's mainly down to the broad, flat EVF hump.
02-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 395
Original Poster
Ha funny this got moved. I put it in film SLR forum at first :-) Fuji does seem to be on a roll.
02-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491



I think the a7r looks more like the LX than the X-T1

02-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,126
QuoteOriginally posted by Woolcott Quote
I had a play in my local camera shop and I think it's nice, but maybe not quite as nice as some online are making out.
I'm curious...I had planned to pre-order, but may wait until I can find one in a retailer here. My main question is does it have a good solid feel..... like my X20? Does the body have "weight"...not heavy, but a solid, well crafted feel? Does it feel like "quality" in your hands or like a plastic camera...which I definitely do not want!

Regards!
02-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Forum Member
Woolcott's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: London
Posts: 79
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm curious...I had planned to pre-order, but may wait until I can find one in a retailer here. My main question is does it have a good solid feel..... like my X20? Does the body have "weight"...not heavy, but a solid, well crafted feel? Does it feel like "quality" in your hands or like a plastic camera...which I definitely do not want!

Regards!
Felt a bit more solid that the X-E1 to me; I didn't have a huge amount of time with it, but it felt pretty good to me. (The guys in the shop were a little cagey about letting me touch something that they still didn't have any actual stock of yet!)

As with almost all mirrorless cameras, it was a tad on the small side though - the buttons felt a little on the cramped side, particularly the view mode switch.
02-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,264
02-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,126
QuoteOriginally posted by Woolcott Quote
Felt a bit more solid that the X-E1 to me; I didn't have a huge amount of time with it, but it felt pretty good to me. (The guys in the shop were a little cagey about letting me touch something that they still didn't have any actual stock of yet!)

As with almost all mirrorless cameras, it was a tad on the small side though - the buttons felt a little on the cramped side, particularly the view mode switch.
Thanks for the reply. Not really enough in this camera to justify the price or the need to own it, but if it is well crafted and works reasonably well, I'll most likely buy it anyhow. It does have some of the features I admire most...handsome looks and smaller size. Pitiful reasons to buy a camera, but we are what we are!

Regards!

LFLee- Thanks for the video. I didn't see anything extraordinary in the X-T1 there, but it looks good and seems to function well enough.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
fuji x-t1
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuji X-T1 announced twilight_samurai Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 16 01-31-2014 03:12 AM
Nature It's beginning to look a lot like ... daacon Post Your Photos! 10 04-23-2013 04:31 AM
Is it just me or does the K-x take better pics than the K-r? vapentaxuser Pentax DSLR Discussion 31 10-25-2012 05:38 PM
Is it just me, or does K-5 AWB render a bit cold? RickyFromVegas Pentax K-5 18 04-23-2012 02:47 AM
is it just me or is this a bit over the top? NaClH2O General Talk 2 02-26-2008 04:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top