Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #31

I'm a Canon Man but ...

... for some reason I don't think this an ugly camera. Similar to many recent Canon DSLR layouts ... of course I'm not going to trade in my Canons ... I'm a dyed-in-the-wood Canon Man so that ain't gonna happen ... but if Nikons float your photographic boat go for it and don't knock it if one can afford it ~ !

04-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
When I use this camera do you think I care what it looks like? I want results.

I use whatever camera suits the circumstances and image I need.

A camera takes pictures. I use the camera that gives me the best chance of getting the best picture I can.

That's why street photographers like smaller less conspicuous cameras, and high productivity sports and jobbing professionals choose a fast capable beast.

If a photographer wants to choose a camera based on how pretty it is they could always shop at Gucci.

Last edited by Imageman; 07-18-2014 at 08:26 PM.
04-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imageman Quote
When I use this camera do you think I care what it looks like? I want results.

I use whatever camera suits the circumstances and image I need.

A camera takes pictures. I use the camera that gives me the best chance of getting the best picture I can.

That's why street photographers like smaller less conspicuous cameras, and high productivity sports and jobbing professionals choose a fast capable beast.

If a photographer wants to choose a camera based on how pretty it is they could always shop at Gucci.
Perfect answer, Imageman.
04-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There's no arguing with much of what's said here, and it doesn't matter much anyway, but the question posed by the OP was not whether or not the Nikon D4s was functional or produced fine photographs, it was whether or not its appearance was attractive to people. Not its usability, functionality or value as a photographic tool, but its visual appearance. I said earlier that "ugly" was a judgmental word, and I stand by that, but do I think it looks ugly? It's not a camera that, as a non-working photographer, I find visually appealing. The control layout and other aspects of the user interface may be appealing, but the styling (and it has been styled, though, if you'll pardon me, not by someone with a particularly refined sense of aesthetic) is not, to me.

So, to the OP, whose question has been obfuscated by much of the talk here: it's not just you.

04-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
So, to the OP, whose question has been obfuscated by much of the talk here: it's not just you.
Thank you! I thought I was just nuts or something.
04-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #36
Banned

The D4s is not ugly but it's just too big for most consumers . If you want to take a full frame camera with the same 50 to 409600 iso range and unprecedented dynamic range on vacation there are better choices IMHO.