Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #1
Banned

Sony A77 Successor Coming in May, Might Pack the World’s Fastest AF

QuoteQuote:
For now specs are almost non-existent. We know that the camera is supposed to pack an even faster AF system than the A6000 (currently the world’s fastest), a super-fast processor and almost no EVF lag.
Sony A77 Successor Coming in May, Might Pack the World's Fastest AF

I wonder if it will have 4K like the Panasonic GH4 ?

03-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The GH4 is geared more to videographers. Probably will improve some things.
03-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hopefully, they'll replace the Sony flash shoe shown on this old picture :-(

I think its innovative cameras like this upcoming A77 II and the A6000, as fast mirrorless, that will knock the socks off the older style APS DSLRs. Its the speed that probably win converts.

I'm afraid that Nikon and Canons APS (and unfortunately Pentax) DSLRs are soon going to look as modern as a film camera :-(

Anyone want to buy an analogue watch?

I do like my K3 though!!! Ricoh should get started now with a mirrorless version of the K3 - they should be able to do it with their background.
03-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote

I do like my K3 though!!! Ricoh should get started now with a mirrorless version of the K3 - they should be able to do it with their background.
"background"? like..... the K-01?

03-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
"background"? like..... the K-01?
I think that was a Hoya background :-(

was thinking more the GR type of cameras they were making before Pentax was purchased.
03-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that was a Hoya background :-(

was thinking more the GR type of cameras they were making before Pentax was purchased.
JK.

Liked GR but know myself doesn't like the focal length.
03-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If history follows, it will have a brand new mount. Adapters will be required for current lenses to work.
Ha ha.

M

03-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
If history follows, it will have a brand new mount. Adapters will be required for current lenses to work.
Ha ha.

M
It will still be the Minolta/Sony A mount and Sony will launch new Full Frame E-mount cameras within the next 5-6 months.

QuoteQuote:
I can confirm via multiple trusted sources that Sony will launch new Full Frame E-mount cameras within the next 5-6 months. I guess it means they will be launched right before the Photokina September show. NONE(!) of them will be a replacement of the current A7 and A7r models. All we know for sure about these new models is that they will have an advanced hybrid AF system similar to what we got inside the newly announced Sony A6000.
(SR5) New Full Frame E-mount cameras to be launched within the next 5-6 months (likely at Photokina). | sonyalpharumors
03-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
It will still be the Minolta/Sony A mount and Sony will launch new Full Frame E-mount cameras within the next 5-6 months.

(SR5) New Full Frame E-mount cameras to be launched within the next 5-6 months (likely at Photokina). | sonyalpharumors
I like Sony's traditions - they always manufacture at least one new lens for each camera body

Seriously, there could be a glut of unsold FF stock out there in 6 months if this rumor is true. It might be nice to have a FF body with a FF normal zoom. Might get some us old codgers off the APS fence.
03-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
Banned

Original Poster
I like Sony's traditions - they always manufacture at least one new lens for each camera body

Seriously, there could be a glut of unsold FF stock out there in 6 months if this rumor is true. It might be nice to have a FF body with a FF normal zoom. Might get some us old codgers off the APS fence.
full frame VG900 with FF normal zoom
03-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #11
Pentaxian

You keep showing that kit in the capacity of a still camera. I think you are the only one on this forum who'd even want that setup for a still camera.
03-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You keep showing that kit in the capacity of a still camera. I think you are the only one on this forum who'd even want that setup for a still camera.
There are many people out there that use the VG900 as a still camera since it has a wider shutter range (30-1/8000) than many full frame DSLRs like the Canon 6D and Nikon D610. The adjustable angled OLED EVF works much better than a fixed OVF or EVF for me. If you have a bunch of full frame Pentax mount lenses the VG900 was the only full frame mirrorless available back in November 2012 when I purchased it that would let you use then at their native FL. There are people using DSLRs in video mode and that is just crazy since the OVF does not work in video mode.
03-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
Pentaxian

There are many people out there that use the VG900 as a still camera since it has a wider shutter range (30-1/8000) than many full frame DSLRs...
I see. But I don't think it is for just one more stop of shutter speed (1/8000) people use it over a FF DSLR. That would be silly. How is the AF speed and 3-D tracking ability of a VG900? I mean, does it make for a good action still camera?
03-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #14
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I see. But I don't think it is for just one more stop of shutter speed (1/8000) people use it over a FF DSLR. That would be silly. How is the AF speed and 3-D tracking ability of a VG900? I mean, does it make for a good action still camera?
Is the 645D a good action still camera ?
Flickr Search: vg900
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8345/8198535296_efb2fcfe6f_o.jpg