Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
Banned

Oppo Find 7 smartphone with 4K , 50mp superzoom & 5.5" 2560x1440 display

QuoteQuote:
With the Find 7’s 13-megapixel camera, you’ll capture crisp photos with ease.

Equipped with the latest generation stacked IMX214 CMOS sensor by Sony, upgraded type 1/3.06 imaging module and a wide f/2.0 aperture that allows more light in, so you can take great photos even in low light conditions. With a 32 second long exposure, you can take crystal clear night shots.

Built in HDR hardware guarantees a flawless photo every time.

Create your own GIF animations and share them with friends and families.
Higher Resolution

Incredible video at 4K resolution with HDR and slow motion capabilities.

Shoot 50-megapixel photos with the "Super Zoom" multi-shot feature.

While in "Super Zoom" mode, the Find 7 is able to focus in on more details. This is accomplished by taking ten photos at the backend with just the press of a button, it will then automatically create and combine them into a 50 megapixel photo. Perfect for high quality prints.
http://en.oppo.com/products/find7/#find7-camera

03-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Oppo makes phones? I have an Oppo DVD player -- they are a very interesting company, but I see that "Oppo Digital" (that makes A/V stuff) and plain "Oppo" are related but different companies...
03-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
OPPO is a global technology brand, with a long history of serving customers in North America, Europe and Asia
We are passionate about exploring the latest that technology has to offer. Since the start, our products have pushed boundaries. The 6.65 mm OPPO Finder was released in mid-2012; at the time it was the thinnest smartphone in the world. Later that year, we announced one of the world’s most anticipated smartphones, the OPPO Find 5. Featuring a 5” 1080p display and 13 megapixel stacked CMOS sensor, it was the world’s first smartphone with hardware supported HDR.
About Us - OPPO
03-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty neat looking phone! I don't understand much about phones like this, but it looks interesting.
Here I am, all excited because I just recently got me a flip phone Tracfone and actually learned how to make a call or receive a call! I had an old Sprint that was operating off of Mrs Rupert's account, and wanted my own phone in black, not the ugly blue one she gave me. I'm not much of a phone user....I logged 37 minutes on the old Sprint last year, but I know that these newfangled gadgets are all the rage with the younger generation...even with Mrs Rupert! She can text, surf and who knows what else on her phone, but that's all stuff I do on my computer along with tons more. She is not so good on a computer, I'm not good at all on a phone...it works out!

I have lots of questions about phones...although I don't know why, I have little use for one other than the occasional call.

What does "unlocked" mean? If I had one of these OPPO phones, and lord know why I would?......could I put my simcard in it and make it work? I just recently learned what a simcard is, after spending 2 weeks with Tracfone trying to activate my new phone with my old number. They sent me a half dozen simcards over two weeks, and one of them finally worked!

Anyhow, just wondering?

The camera thingy is interesting too, but I have lots of cameras so don't see any need for a camera phone, although my new phone apparently does photos too.....I see the little camera icon, but haven't tried it.

Regards!

03-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unlocked means that you can use any carrier sim. With some restrictions. Tracfone is a proprietary system. The phone & sim are pretty well locked to each other. You can use a "bring your own phone" sim from TF sister companies, Straight Talk or Net10. They cost more per month than a low volume Tracfone user would ever use up though.
03-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Dansamy! I kind of thought that might be the case, but understand little about how phones work. Little chance I would have bought an OPPO anyhow, but you never know what old guys might do....heck, I don't know what I am going to do most of the time. I have 4 vehicles in my driveway, and every day I ask myself.....why?

Short phone story.....I was in my favorite Convenience Store on Tuesday and sitting in a booth drinking a Coke and playing with my camera and composing a grocery list. In walks this young lady (said she was 24) and was all tears. She sat in the booth in front of me, and out of curiosity I asked her what was the matter? I was thinking death in the family, boyfriend fight, or any other number of catastrophes a young lady might experience.
Turned out that her fancy phone was dead and she had lost her charger. Now she was totally disconnected from her world and lost.....tears were streaming. When the clerk pointed out that they had a rack full of chargers, and let her use one, she was all smiles!
Heck, if I lost my whole damn phone, it could be months before I even noticed it! There is definitely a large divide between generations!

Regards!
03-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
Quad HD vs 1080p displays: closeup comparison

QuoteQuote:
The Find 7 launched today, and one of the its defining features is its ultra-sharp display.

The Find 7’s 5.5-inch IPS LCD display is made with low temperature polysilicon technology, using the Touch on Lens (ToL) technique, which enables a thinner design, higher shock resistance, and improved sensitivity to touch. But the most impressive specification of the device is definitely its resolution: the Oppo Find 7 is the first smartphone to launch internationally with a 2560 x 1440 display, also known as Quad HD or 1440p resolution.

Cramming 3,686,400 pixels on a 5.5-inch display makes possible a whopping 538 ppi pixel density, way above the previous record held by the HTC One, at 469 ppi.

Putting a Quad HD display on a smartphone is an impressive technical achievement, but we have to ask ourselves, are the returns worth the investment? Some argue that even Full HD (1920 x 1080, also known as 1080p) is overkill on a smartphone screen, so how about Quad HD ? Is it just an upgrade for the sake of upgrading or is it a true value adding improvement?

Oppo actually released another version of the Find 7, called Standard, which comes with a Full HD display of the same dimensions. We compare the two displays below to see how significant the difference between Quad HD and Full HD is.

Note: the devices we received from Oppo are pre-production units. Their displays have not been properly calibrated, so please disregard the color differences.
Quad HD vs 1080p displays: closeup comparison

2560x1440 Quad HD :

1920x1080 Full HD :

QuoteQuote:
In addition the Oppo Find 7 is also the first Android device to offer Raw capture. In video mode you can capture 4K footage and 120 fps slow motion video at 720p resolution. For self-portraits and video-calls there is a 5MP F2.0 front camera.
http://connect.dpreview.com/post/3690130016/oppo-find-7-features-qhd-display...

50mp (6120 x 8160 px ) sample image :
click here

Last edited by jogiba; 03-20-2014 at 12:23 PM.