Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There are a few regular posters of whom I simply cannot understand the motivation.

And before you Reply with the obvious response, yes, I am on my own list.
Well it usually begins with somebody being really enthusiastic about a totally new and exciting product or rumors thereof. Which is then immediately followed by people bashing Sony.

03-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Well it usually begins with somebody being really enthusiastic about a totally new and exciting product or rumors thereof. Which is then immediately followed by people bashing Sony.
On a Pentax internet Forum, this is a repetitive recursion, why, again?
03-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #78
Veteran Member

On a Pentax internet Forum, this is a repetitive recursion, why, again?
You tell me. When discussing off-brand gear on Sony or Canon forums such doesn't happen with the same high frequency or intensity as here. Often not at all. (I don't know about Nikon though.) It's here that saying something good about an offbrand product seems to automatically equal bashing Pentax. In this thread the torches and pitchforks came out after 10 posts.
03-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sony isn't really important to me, except in that they continue to make nice sensors for Pentax to use. What bothers me, is that I don't see Sony's path as one that is a good one for Ricoh to follow. Periodically, though, there are people who indicate that Pentax needs to release their own NEX camera and ditch the K mount.

03-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You tell me. When discussing off-brand gear on Sony or Canon forums such doesn't happen with the same high frequency or intensity as here. Often not at all. (I don't know about Nikon though.) It's here that saying something good about an offbrand product seems to automatically equal bashing Pentax. In this thread the torches and pitchforks came out after 10 posts.
Why would I want to discuss other brand gear on a Forum built to discuss Pentax gear?
03-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #81
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Sony isn't really important to me, except in that they continue to make nice sensors for Pentax to use. What bothers me, is that I don't see Sony's path as one that is a good one for Ricoh to follow. Periodically, though, there are people who indicate that Pentax needs to release their own NEX camera and ditch the K mount.
If Ricoh/Pentax came out with a camera with the world's fastest AF and 11 fps subject tracking it would be a hit with Pentax users.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/251...-tracking.html
03-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #82
Pentaxian

I'm happy with my Pentax gear as well. And if Pentax were to change ways, or change mounts, I would not hesitate for a single moment to get that addional adapter to be able to continue using my Pentax lenses. Because even if a mount would change, those lenses would still be just as good as they were before.

That's what's happening at Sony. There are some very loyal A-mount users that have a stockpile of above excellent glass. Sony would be dumb not to provide an AF adapter for them. That's the intention of the adapter. Not twisted the other way round, as you implied with: "
It's a system with 4 native lenses (plus one soon to be released).
Who would buy a $2200 lens (+ $380 adapter) just to adapt it to a foreign mount? Since you counted all of them, who would buy a $13000 lens just to adapt it to a foreign mount?"
That's exactly my point. Being able to use an adapter is not the same as using native lenses. it might make your life easier if e.g. your system is abandoned, but it doesn't work at all if it isn't, and you want to stick with it. It's not a panacea.
And it's terribly awkward to buy new expensive lenses in a foreign mount and adapt them to the system you're actually using. Yours is "the other way round".

P.S. From your posts I have a hard time imagining you happy with anything Pentax related.

Joe&Clavius, nobody is hating Sony. I'm a Sony user myself (I forgot, smartphones are not cameras )
I'm just not convinced by the Sony marketing material posted in this Pentaxforums.

03-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #83
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's exactly my point. Being able to use an adapter is not the same as using native lenses. it might make your life easier if e.g. your system is abandoned, but it doesn't work at all if it isn't, and you want to stick with it. It's not a panacea.
And it's terribly awkward to buy new expensive lenses in a foreign mount and adapt them to the system you're actually using. Yours is "the other way round".

P.S. From your posts I have a hard time imagining you happy with anything Pentax related.

Joe&Clavius, nobody is hating Sony. I'm a Sony user myself (I forgot, smartphones are not cameras )
I'm just not convinced by the Sony marketing material posted in this Pentaxforums.
Most people have no problems using Canon, Nikon, Pentax and most other lenses on Sony mirrorless cameras.

QuoteQuote:
One of the best features of mirrorless cameras is that, due to their thin body design, it’s possible to mount a huge array of lenses on them using lens mount adapters. As the first fullframe mirrorless cameras, Sony’s A7 and A7R are the only cameras that allow you to use virtually every make of 35mm lenses with the full angle of view for which those lenses were designed.
Ultimate Guide to Sony A7 / A7R Lens Mount Adapters

---------- Post added 03-28-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

Why would I want to discuss other brand gear on a Forum built to discuss Pentax gear?
Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. - PentaxForums.com
03-28-2014, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Most people have no problems using Canon, Nikon, Pentax and most other lenses on Sony mirrorless cameras.

Ultimate Guide to Sony A7 / A7R Lens Mount Adapters

---------- Post added 03-28-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. - PentaxForums.com
Who are most people? As far as I know, Sony is still a distant third in interchangable camera sales to Canon and Nikon. I believe that "most" people prefer to buy a camera body and lenses that will mount without adapters.
03-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Indeed, who are those "most people"? How was that determined?
03-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm guessing here since I cannot see the Reply to my post.

Somehow the sub-Forums that I Ignore were unblocked in my Profile Options. I have restored my previous preference to Block discussion threads on non-Pentax brands. Consequently I shan't interrupt your programming in the future.
03-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #87
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Indeed, who are those "most people"? How was that determined?
People who have a clue.
SONY A7R with Legacy LENS

QuoteQuote:
To my eye, the Sony A7r produces crisper files then the D800E with this particular lens, with excellent border performance at 18mm f5.6, a bit more CA (building tree branches) then the D800E (easily corrected in post).
Super wide angle test, moiré palace: Nikkor 18-35mm G f3.5-4.5 on the Sony A7 and A7r

03-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #88
Pentaxian

How many people "have a clue", and who's the judge?
03-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #89
Pentaxian

Jogiba is dead set on both convincing and selling the world that adapting lenses to Sony bodies is the best thing since sliced bread and we ALL should sell our DSLRs and do the same. I've adapted a few lenses to my mirrorless when I had one. It was fun and a novelty so I can say I've been there and done that. But no way would I want to shoot that way ALL the time. In fact, only a fraction of the time in my case when I pick up a modern digital camera.
03-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #90
Banned

Original Poster
It's amazing how people are all bent out of shape here just because many people have been able to use any of the 200 million lenses out there on mirrorless full frame cameras.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/252996-know-anyone-...ntax-ff-6.html