Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #91
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
It's amazing how people are all bent out of shape here just because many people have been able to use any of the 200 million lenses out there on mirrorless full frame cameras.
You make that 200E6 number of lenses sound so impressive. But in reality I'd suspect only a fraction of that number anyone would actually want to use on say the A7R. Let's use Nikon for example. They have a pile of lenses new and old in their lineup and only a percentage of that they recommend for use on a their 36MP camera. Perhaps to sell the new stuff though.

03-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #92
Banned

Original Poster
The bottom line is if you want to use Pentax lenses on a full frame camera the Sony full frame mirrorless is the best choice today.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/246917-does-my-m42-...ml#post2631482
03-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
It's amazing how people are all bent out of shape here just because many people have been able to use any of the 200 million lenses out there on mirrorless full frame cameras.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/252996-know-anyone-...ntax-ff-6.html
It's amazing how you manage to make claims, but won't answer any question.
03-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #94
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's amazing how you manage to make claims, but won't answer any question.
So you have a question instead of a " I hate Sony" rant ?

03-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #95
Pentaxian

This is useless, Joe, you wouldn't even try reading my posts - let alone supporting your extreme claims. Good luck selling Sony to Pentaxians.
03-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #96
Banned

Original Poster
This is useless, Joe, you wouldn't even try reading my posts - let alone supporting your extreme claims. Good luck selling Sony to Pentaxians.
Were did you get the idea I am selling Sony to Pentaxians ? I bet I have more Pentax gear than most people on this forum.
03-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Relax folks, there's no reason to get excited about this discussion. Sony will either release a medium frame camera with or without mirrors, with or without adapter capable mount. And we all get to decide whether to buy or not to buy such a camera.

I have both kinds of cameras, Sony Nexs and Pentax DSLRs, on a shelf at home, and they get along just fine with each other. There's pros and cons to both kinds of cameras. This would be a boring world if you could only buy one kind of camera, one size, one mount, etc.

03-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #98
Pentaxian

It's "Sony will either release or not a medium frame camera with or without mirrors, with or without adapter capable mount."
Still waiting for the Olympus, Samsung, Canon and Nikon versions.
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What an awesome thread! I have never seen one take such a hard left turn into another subject so dramatically!

Blazing a trail is expensive, especially if you're in front. Sony is doing a fine job advancing the state of the art with their designs. They're big and they can afford this. It may seem like they are splattering ideas all over the place but I think they are releasing products for the public to use and consume so that they can get stronger and more immediate feedback. That enables them to do nearly yearly product releases. Rather than look at what may seem like a disjointed product line maybe we could examine the technology packed into the bodies. I am going to wager that if you follow the technology you will see a smooth, well planned strategy. The downside is that there are a lot of products on the marketplace that could cause confusion to the consumer.

If I were Ricoh then I too would take a 3rd or 4th row seat and see what Sony does. Some things will be right and some will be wrong. Mistakes are expensive and I think they want to learn the lessons from others. They can't afford them. Pentax was smaller and the product development pace was that of a smaller company. Now that Ricoh owns Pentax we can say that Pentax got bigger. I think we'll see the product development pace increase to that of a larger company. It won't match Sony but it will be faster/more than before.

My prediction at this moment is that Sony will continue blazing the trail for APS and FF mirrorless. Pentax and others will concentrate on mirrored APS and maybe FF. Mirrorless Pentax products will use a smaller sensor, like in the Q. Think of this question : would Sony sell Pentax a sensor to be used in a mirrorless camera that will compete with Sony's own mirrorless camera? I think Nikon is in the same boat since they use Sony's sensors too.
03-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #100

Photos: Gallery
I realise I'm late to the party, but I don't care!

$5.000 being two orders of magnitude smaller means the 645D was $500.000.
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
The 645D was ~ $10,000 USD initially.
One order of magnitude less = 10,000 x 0.1 = $1000
Two orders of magnitude less = 10,000 x 0.01 = $100

Only if we assume he's working in base ten. If we take √2 as his chosen base, then starting from the $10 000 release price of the 645D, $5 000 is indeed two orders of magnitude smaller.*

PEDANTS, UNITE!

* Prices represented in decimal notation
03-29-2014, 04:50 AM   #101
Pentaxian

That's an usual occurrence with species having √2 fingers; humans tends to use base 10
03-29-2014, 05:00 AM   #102
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
With Sony’s well-known video features throughout its camera line, it’s quite likely that a medium format camera would also feature medium format video capture as well for some bokehlicious cinematography.

If anyone is going to put it all together for an affordable medium format camera, Sony certainly has the momentum to make it happen.
Photography Bay

Last edited by jogiba; 03-29-2014 at 02:32 PM.
03-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #103

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
But what lenses?
Surely it isn't going to be E-mount.
Contax 645
03-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #104
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm a Pentaxian, and I definitely wouldn't. I want no stinkin' adapters, I want no stinkin' mirrorless mount which would eliminate the optical viewfinder
lol

you also still think that film is da bomb, and that the 286 cpu in your computer rocks.

you have your own darkroom, and you back up your scanned images to a floppy disc.

primitive

seriously, tho, i understand how people like you don't know anything about the best manual focusing system ever made... and of course, some people simply don't have any need for the best 35mm camera sensor ever made.

different horses for different courses.
03-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #105
Pentaxian

What's a "computer"? I'm writing this message on a wax tablet... because sticking with proven and still superior technology means you're allowed to make snide remarks, right? Come on, make up more BS... because ad hominem is so cool.

The best manual focusing system ever made is a large ground glass with a loupe, FYI. But if you're looking for "the best" you won't find it in the small format.