02-27-2017, 03:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1607
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert's favorite haunt - old Cottonmouth Creek from last Fall (X10):
02-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #1608
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice photo, Paul. I miss my x10. It fell out of my pocket at the park. Although the lens cap was on, it apparently got sand in the zoom ring. I'm sending it to Fuji for repair in a couple of weeks. Would have sent it sooner, but we had vacation last week. We didn't want to chance it costing more than expected when we were saving for our trip. Also, I had planned to take the x10 on our cruise, but I wasn't positive it would be back in time. No worries. At least I had options. I took about 1,100 pictures last week. I think it all worked out.
02-28-2017, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #1609
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
I took about 1,100 pictures last week. I think it all worked out.
We want to see them all here...all of them! So get started!

Also, tell us about your trip.....I want to hear the part where Terry got trapped in that cabin with those Hooters girls on a cruise vacation, and how they tortured him and molested him unmercifully....Otis apparently got a 911 call from him during the "Terrynapping" and said he didn't sound "all that distressed"?

Regards!

02-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #1610
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We want to see them all here...all of them! So get started!

Also, tell us about your trip.....I want to hear the part where Terry got trapped in that cabin with those Hooters girls on a cruise vacation, and how they tortured him and molested him unmercifully....Otis apparently got a 911 call from him during the "Terrynapping" and said he didn't sound "all that distressed"?

Regards!
lol. That secret wasn't supposed to come out! The trip was great! I've uploaded almost 100 pictures to Flickr. I have a few more I want to upload. It's so hard deciding which ones. I may have to make a separate album just for the Mayan ruins.

---------- Post added 02-28-17 at 08:39 PM ----------

Here are some from the iPhone.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SiJ6hE][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/

Last edited by TinaS; 02-28-2017 at 07:41 PM.
02-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #1611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice photo, Paul. I miss my x10. It fell out of my pocket at the park.
Thanks Tina! Sorry to hear about your camera - hope it comes back good as new (meanwhile you can start posting those 10k photos we're all dying to see)!
My own X10 has been acting up starting last year. I bought a refurb at a great price in late 2015. About the middle of last year, the AF starting acting up when using in any mode besides EXR. Lots of OOF shots. So I just started shooting in EXR mode all the time, which actually works very well. Now recently, it doesn't always AF in macro mode. So, I still enjoy the camera, but have to be vigilant and chimp quite a bit to make sure things are working. I've fired off thousands of shots by now, and figure I got my money's worth already.
02-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #1612
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Thanks Tina! Sorry to hear about your camera - hope it comes back good as new (meanwhile you can start posting those 10k photos we're all dying to see)!
My own X10 has been acting up starting last year. I bought a refurb at a great price in late 2015. About the middle of last year, the AF starting acting up when using in any mode besides EXR. Lots of OOF shots. So I just started shooting in EXR mode all the time, which actually works very well. Now recently, it doesn't always AF in macro mode. So, I still enjoy the camera, but have to be vigilant and chimp quite a bit to make sure things are working. I've fired off thousands of shots by now, and figure I got my money's worth already.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. If you got as good a deal as I did, I'm sure you've gotten your money's worth. Still... I enjoy my x10. I haven't been able to find one for the same price.

02-28-2017, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #1613
Veteran Member

Original Poster
About the middle of last year, the AF starting acting up when using in any mode besides EXR. Lots of OOF shots.
Paul, reset it to the factory settings and start over....that has happened to me twice due to something I unknowingly did that messed up the AF. See if that will fix it?

The trip was great! I've uploaded almost 100 pictures to Flickr.
Give us a link Tina! ...Otis said poor Terry was too weak to stand after those Hooter girls abused him....you know Otis...always right!

Regards!
02-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #1614
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Paul, reset it to the factory settings and start over....that has happened to me twice due to something I unknowingly did that messed up the AF. See if that will fix it?
The thing is, the AF will work OK in all modes right after powering on the camera. Then it suddenly will not AF any more after a certain number of shots. I've already updated to the latest firmware, but will try a factory reset as well. Thanks for the suggestion!
02-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #1615
Veteran Member

Here's the link to the album. But, I've only uploaded 3 days of a 5 day cruise. I have a great sunrise on the last day. It may be Thursday or Friday before I finish. Here's what I have so far.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50375326@N03/albums/72157680879301725
03-01-2017, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #1616
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's the link to the album.
Some nice shots in there Tina! Looks like you had a great time with good weather. When you are young, a cruise is so much fun and exciting....I recall our cruise many years ago to the Caribbean and all the places we visited with a big smile. As you get older it looks different....like a lot of work! Our youngest son wanted to give us a cruise for our 50th anniversary last year...but we both declined and traded it for a steak dinner at a fine steakhouse here. Of course, had I known that Hooter Girls might have abducted me on the ship, it might have been a different decision!

I asked Otis if he thought Terry might need counseling after his ordeal, and he said......"Rupert, don't be stupid!"

Regards!
03-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #1617
Veteran Member

Thank you, Rupert. It was a lot of fun. We had some rain and wind the first couple of days, but it cleared up and made up for it.
I don't know. If someone offered to send me on a cruise, I'm not sure I could turn it down. Although, I don't know how I might feel about that in a few years. lol
Yeah, I'm still trying to wipe the silly grin off Terry's face. I think he's traumatized.
03-01-2017, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #1618
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tina, I took a quick look at some of your shots last night - there's some good ones there (taken with all kinds of cameras/phones!). Cozumel looks like an amazing place! I'll go back for another look at your Flickr soon

Meanwhile, here's an X10 shot from the rail depot on Main Street, taken last August:
03-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #1619
Veteran Member

(taken with all kinds of cameras/phones!).
Yeah, so when plan A went south, I might have overcompensated a bit. Didn't want to miss a shot.
I bought a used Olympus tough thinking we would get some under water shots. Ended up not doing any of that. It came in handy when it rained. Other than that, it didn't have many keepers. Not impressed.
The sx260 did well in some situations (good light) not others, and in many pictures there's a big grey spot I have to crop out. If I'd had the Fuji I would have left kx and sx260 at home. I was happiest with kx and iPhone 7. At the Mayans I used kx with 55-300 and the iPhone for wide shots.
Now the sx260 goes back to hubby, oly tough will collect dust, and Fuji goes in for repair.
03-01-2017, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #1620
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rupert's favorite haunt - old Cottonmouth Creek from last Fall (X10):
I do like that shot Paul...Cottonmouths will be out and about again soon....remember!

Yeah, I'm still trying to wipe the silly grin off Terry's face. I think he's traumatized.
Otis advised that the old saying might help Terry....." ......when you get bucked off, get back on and ride again!"

Meanwhile, here's an X10 shot from the rail depot on Main Street, taken last August:
Another nice one Paul.....I do remember when that looked nothing like it does now that Grapevine is a tourist town. 40 years ago it was nothing you would give a second look.

Regards!