Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Rupert, but way too generous. Those baby Racoons are great. I haven't seen any around here since we lost the old trees a few years ago. When the big oak had to come down there were maybe 4 babies that scattered into the neighborhood. A handy camera gets used over and over no matter what else you're doing.

07-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recently attended an outdoor early evening performance of Romeo and Juliet. Wasn't sure if photographs were allowed so instead of needlessly lugging my K5iis, I brought my Olympus Stylus 1. Really pleased with the photos from this carry everywhere cam.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
STYLUS1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
STYLUS1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
STYLUS1  Photo 
07-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #198
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
so instead of needlessly lugging my K5iis, I brought my Olympus Stylus 1.
Those are nice shots! A Toy Camera is a handy tool and as they progress in technology, the results are better all the time. I love my K5, but it is a real hassle at times to carry with all the lenses and gear necessary, and it stands out like a sore thumb compared to my Toy Cameras, so it makes you very obvious instead of stealthy.

Regards!
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I thought I posted this earlier, but it doesn't show up. iPhone 5c, very handy toy, but I wish I'd had the Fuji. Some help from LR. If this is a double post, my apologies.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
07-13-2014, 07:32 PM - 1 Like   #200
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like a single post with some sort of nets on each side of it!

Regards!
07-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #201
Pentaxian

pbancr - those outdoor performance shots are very good.

I was shooting all weekend long at a motorcycle rally in Vermont. Most of my shooting was done with the K5 but my Lumix did get some use. My friend Hondog has one of the most unique motorcycles you will ever see on the highway. He built the trailer and lives in it on his travels.

He attracts attention everywhere and signs autographed pictures of his creation.

The original Hondog bike was a 750 Honda. Nothing last forever and it was finally retired a few years back. Being a disabled veteran and on a pension, funds are limited and he now is riding a Kawasaki Voyager that he picked up dirt cheap. The seat is a horse saddle but you can't see it well because of the coyote skins covering it.

Saturday evening, we took in a free concert in Stratton Village. This is the concert in the last few minutes of daylight.

07-15-2014, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #202
Pentaxian

Return of Holga

Took the Holga loaded with Kodak Porta 400 back to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for some double exposure experiments. This is my favorite from the roll:

Another double from July 4th:

Looking forward to my vacation to the Hudson Valley next week. I'm taking Holga and a bunch of film and maybe my 35mm camera. An all film vacation. Got to plow through those accumulated stocks of film somehow.

07-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #203
Pentaxian

You're going to ruin the reputation of the Holga with shots like those. I love them both but the flag shot is stunning.
07-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #204
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
You're going to ruin the reputation of the Holga with shots like those. I love them both but the flag shot is stunning.
Reef...I agree, those Holga shots are superb...and to think, it was all the Holga, nothing to do with Mr Bassie or his skills at all! He probably left the Holga outside on its own for a while and was shocked when he discovered what it did all by itself ? I'm thinking of buying one myself and just sending it out on its own every day and have it bring me back fantastic shots!

Not much skill around my place, but I do have plenty of baby raccoons! A couple more shots....

X20 These little guys are so much fun! They will eat out of my hand and follow me around like little puppies wanting a handout!

A few X20 shots from the 4th of July weekend......

My 88 year old Mom and my daughter in law.

We all ate at the famous Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls Tx...known for their fine food and homemade pies.

Texas sized Chicken Fried Steak dinner!

Pot roast for Mrs Rupert.

Pies galore!

It was a great weekend!

Regards! Toy Cameras! Aren't they fantastic!

Mr Bassie...Just a tip you might utilize....Give that Holga cab fare and send it out more often, let us see more of what it can do, we sure as hell enjoyed those you posted!
07-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #205
Pentaxian

Reeftool and Rupert thank you very much. You are too kind.
07-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Took the Holga loaded with Kodak Porta 400 back to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for some double exposure experiments.
I guess all that dust on the negative or scanner glass adds to the Holga effect. But a can of air does wonders as well as using inferred cleaning ( aka ICE ) if your scanner supports that when you're after cleaner shots.
07-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #207
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I guess all that dust on the negative or scanner glass adds to the Holga effect. But a can of air does wonders as well as using inferred cleaning ( aka ICE ) if your scanner supports that when you're after cleaner shots.
Thanks for the advice. Yes I live in a dusty old house and I can never keep the negatives clean. I thought I read somewhere that canned air can damage the negatives? Am I remembering that correctly?
07-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #208
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
How can you damage a Holga negative On a more serious note, if you hold the can level, it will not blow that frosty stuff that can leave a mark and sometimes happen. That is probably what you are hearing. So it's all about technique. I've been using it successfully for years.
Maybe I should write a tipster for Lomography an a new way to damage your negative.

"Hold the can sideways and spray foam all over your negatives. Let it sit for 6 months then dip in bleach..."
07-16-2014, 10:39 AM   #209
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tuco.....I have a bottle of the famous Lone Star beer for BF over on the Fuji thread this week. You need to drop in and view it...and post something of your own there too......we miss you.

Regards!
07-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see this thread alive & kicking with such good photos

These are flowers from a Vitex tree/shrub, common in my area. I was trying my luck at some Canon P&S bokeh and was pretty happy with the results. Taken almost at sunset: