Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
+1 about Adjust.

I use that and / or Clarity for most of my shots if I need a bit extra oompf.

I actually have an album on my flickr I dump my Topaz shots into - 90% are eitehr Adjust or Clarity shots (or both).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jroberts72/sets/72157632166421665/

08-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those PP adjustments look really good although I don't use those kind adjustments often. I already have Color Effex Pro 4 and Perfects Effects 8 and hardly ever use them so I question if the Topaz deal is worth it for my own needs. I think it's easy to get into an LBA kind of thing with plug ins.
08-14-2014, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #273
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Sagitta.....Those are nice works in your Topaz gallery!

Reef....It's hard to get "too many" software programs, and at the price on sale this is a steal for Adjust! Grab a FREE trial to check it out...only takes a minute to see if you could benefit. We need to give our Toy Cameras ever advantage offered, they deserve it!

A few more using Adjust...

Original X10 shot-Ava

One click in Topaz Adjust

One click and one slider adjustment in Adjust

Saved and taken to Photoscape (A FREE program that is fantastic...if you don't have it, you should!)

Reversed fade in Photoscape

These were all very quick one or two click edits...they can easily be further refined within Adjust or Photoscape, or taken back to Photoshop for more improvement or changes. If you are looking for that "certain look" these programs give you a huge head start in finding what you are looking for.

Give them a try, your Toy Cameras will thank you!

Regards!
08-15-2014, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #274
Veteran Member

Toy camera on "steroids" ) It was fun to use TV mode with more than 15 secs but you have to plan ahead It's not like B mode IF you have a canon P&S Try chdk!

08-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #275
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
Toy camera on "steroids" ) It was fun to use TV mode with more than 15 secs but you have to plan ahead It's not like B mode IF you have a canon P&S Try chdk!

Nice one!

Here's another sunset taken at our local pond/dogpark. All I had with me was my super-cheap Samsung phone, about as basic a model as you will find, with a massive 2mp camera! I did what I could with it in post, and I thought it was halfway passable (as long as you dont look too close)
08-16-2014, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #276
Veteran Member

Very happy with my toy Stylus 1.

More unedited shots here: http://dtmateojr.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/olympus-stylus-1/
08-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #277
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice Toy Camera shooting dtmateojr! You too Paul.....keeping the Toy Camera thread alive...a good thing!

Mrs Rupert helped sponsor a "Kids Day" for underprivileged children this afternoon at a neighborhood park/pool. I went over for a few minutes, it was over 100F so I didn't stay too long. I did supply a few cases of party toy airplanes and such I bought on Amazon for the occasion, but otherwise it was all Mrs Rupert's work with her friends that put on the event.

A few from the X20

Pool in the background...you can see a few clouds, they were very welcome!

Waterslide...the little kids love this!

Lots of food and drinks, many people were involved!

Mrs Rupert...even after 6 hours in the heat she still looks lovely!

I have some neat insect shots I took last night but I can't get them off the SD card...the card keeps hanging up my computer. I'll keep trying, they are really neat!

Regards!

08-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's an iPhone 5c snap. I need to learn better how to control this. This is a courtyard at the Neuberger Museum in Purchase NY with a building on the other side being renovated. This is a NYS college not far from where I live, great museum and campus. I didn't take the Fuji with me...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
08-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #279
Pentaxian

OK ! ! !

I confess ! ! !

I would LIKE to have one ! ! ! !
08-17-2014, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #280
Veteran Member

some "street" with G12

08-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #281
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
some "street" with G12
I like your processing on these - very fitting for the subject matter.
08-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #282
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I like your processing on these - very fitting for the subject matter.
I second that comment. Very nice BW work indeed! Toy Cameras...aren't they wonderful!
Regards
08-18-2014, 09:51 AM - 2 Likes   #283
Pentaxian

A little stroll down memory lane.

I was returning home from a motorcycle rally this weekend when I discovered this event going on not too far from home. The Adirondack Vintage Motorcycle Rally. Time to pull in, have some chow and hang out. I had been shooting pics all weekend and filled up my SD cards on the K5 so out came the toy camera to get a last few shots before before everybody loaded up and went home.

The guy has done an excellent job restoring these old BSA bikes. There were also some well done Metric restorations.

This Yamaha ended up winning the "Best of Show" trophy. I'm willing to bet this bike is older than it's owner!

08-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #284
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow! What a great bunch of shots and what a shock to see one of the best bikes I ever owned...an old BSA Thumper! I could write a book about all the fun I had on that bike long ago. Those are in pristine condition! They are one of the most agile bikes I ever owned and had enough torque to climb straight up a telephone pole! Wonderful shots...I thank you! I'm gonna sit back and walk down memory lane a few minutes now!

Before I do, I'll post the shot I came over to post. Sticky Raccoon just refuses to leave during daylight hours and is keeping my birds and squirrels from their feeders. Today or tomorrow I am going to have to trap him and carry him far away to the woods where he can make a new home. He's old enough now to make it on his own. I'll miss the little fellow, but he can't stay here all day every day...and soon he will be too big to trap.

X20

Regards!
08-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I second that comment. Very nice BW work indeed! Toy Cameras...aren't they wonderful!
Regards
Wonderful and spy-like Just point and shoot