Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2014, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #301
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jacquot- That's a really nice shot but kind of difficult to see at that resolution.

I shot this today. It was a fine, late summer day with no clouds and perfect for an afternoon cruise on the Harley. One of my favorite local spots is the road that winds around the shoreline of the Sacandaga Lake. It winds along the lake like a snake and has plenty of spots to pull over and enjoy the view. This is one of them with the first shot looking SW and the second shot looking to the NE. The view here used to be better but the trees grow higher every year and are starting to block it. The leaves will be gone in a few weeks. With the Lumix LF1.

08-26-2014, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #302
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here's one from the Fuji F770EXR of my dear wee kitty Tom, who had to be euthanased on Sunday last when he became suddenly, inexplicably and incurably ill.

Missing him terribly.
08-27-2014, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #303
Veteran Member

I'm sorry, Sue. I hate when I lose a beloved animal. In some ways it's worse than losing a human. That's sad to say I know, but it's true, for me. I have dealt with the death of several human friends. It hurts like heck but I can deal, and I will do what I've got to do, carry on, but losing one of my cats? It just really makes me want to curl up and die myself for a while. When I was a kid my Grandmother told me once that her church said that cats don't go to the afterlife because they don't have souls. She didn't buy that herself, but me, I told her point blank that if there was such a thing as a heaven that all my animals had better all be waiting there for me when I died. If they weren't I definitely wasn't going to be staying! I darn well meant it too. There are human friends I'd love to see again, but my cats? They're the first beings I want to see there post death save the angel sent to take me home. I can't even imagine an afterlife without them. Even seeing "God" her/himself, could just bloody well wait till I see my kits again, smile.
08-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #304
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Jac...Great shot...as usual from you! I too would like to see it a little larger.....

Reef.....That is some fine shooting, you are making us Toy Camera shooters proud!

Kyteflyer.....My sympathy on your loss, I too know the heartache of the loss of a wonderful animal friend and buddy.

Regards!

08-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #305
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm sorry, Sue. I hate when I lose a beloved animal. In some ways it's worse than losing a human. That's sad to say I know, but it's true, for me. I have dealt with the death of several human friends. It hurts like heck but I can deal, and I will do what I've got to do, carry on, but losing one of my cats? It just really makes me want to curl up and die myself for a while. When I was a kid my Grandmother told me once that her church said that cats don't go to the afterlife because they don't have souls. She didn't buy that herself, but me, I told her point blank that if there was such a thing as a heaven that all my animals had better all be waiting there for me when I died. If they weren't I definitely wasn't going to be staying! I darn well meant it too. There are human friends I'd love to see again, but my cats? They're the first beings I want to see there post death save the angel sent to take me home. I can't even imagine an afterlife without them. Even seeing "God" her/himself, could just bloody well wait till I see my kits again, smile.
Thanks for your words... I feel the same. Sometimes I swear that they are all just out of sight. I lost my Ms Smoochie 4 years ago (she and Tom were great friends) and I fully expect they will be waiting for me, just over the bridge. Somehow, believing cats can have an afterlife makes the loss a little easier. IN the meantime, its down to the pointy end of cleaning the house of cat hair and so forth. Its going to take a LONG time, his hair was the thickest of any cat I have ever owned. Even 3x daily brushing didnt really help much with it, there was always fine hair in the air and he would *still* barf hairballs. Heavens knows where it all came from. Will I have another cat? maybe... probably... but not yet.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Kyteflyer.....My sympathy on your loss, I too know the heartache of the loss of a wonderful animal friend and buddy.

Regards!
Thanks, Rupert.

---------- Post added 08-28-14 at 11:39 PM ----------

On a lighter note: here's one from my old Olympus mju1020 (aka Stylus1020). Lots of post processing but oh well...

08-28-2014, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #306
Veteran Member

From an old and obsolete Canon Powershot A590.

08-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #307
Veteran Member

I quote you From old and obsolete canon G12

08-29-2014, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #308
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the old (but still useful) Powershots, and the G12 is still a very capable camera. They're great for capturing unexpected moments like this SD1100 IS
08-29-2014, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #309
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Yep....a Toy Camera or phone camera is a handy tool. My oldest grandson sent me this shot Tuesday ....he took my 88 year old Mom out for her birthday. Some shots are priceless, regardless of the quality.

Cleaned up my Toy Car today for the upcoming trip.....looks pretty good too!

It matches my Toy Camera X20! Now that's handy!
DSCF8607-800 by Rupert2009, on Flick

Regards!
08-30-2014, 03:00 AM   #310
Veteran Member

Yes Canon knows(ed) how to make a P&S

08-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #311
Pentaxian

I spent yesterday in in neighboring Vermont at the Killington Classic motorcycle rally. It was a decent day weather wise with some patchy clouds but thankfully, no rain. At 6:00PM everybody lined up in the Snowshed parking lot for a motorcycle parade into downtown Rutland. Around 500 bikes participated. Once downtown, the streets were blocked off and there was one huge block party. A few shots from the party downtown. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any shots during the parade because we rode in too fast with no stops.

09-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #312
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From several years ago, a pocketable Nikon. This is the Chateau Conde at Chantilly, north of Paris. Nice dogs. We spent a pleasurable week in the area with the extended family... This was the only digital camera I had at the time...
Attached Images

09-01-2014, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #313
Veteran Member

I get amazed daily at how far the smartphone cameras have come. They've improved at image processing at an amazing pace.

Look at this example. A vertical panorama shot of my friends in front of a tall redwood tree. It's like a crop from a ultra-super-mega wide angle photo. Yet so simple to take. No need to worry about exposure locks, alignment etc.

Click the photo and view at full size to see the amount of detail captured in bottom half of the photo.

Vertical Panorama
by RonakG, on Flickr
09-01-2014, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All right, now you have me. More obsolescence, and the cam still works:

Montreal Fat boy
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Tree-wise, from my old neck of the woods (and a great cam, unfortunately stolen):

Waipoua
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Big Omaha Wharf
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Stadium
by clarke_ag, on Flickr
09-02-2014, 02:28 AM   #315
Veteran Member

I just love the way all the lines come together in that tree-wise photo. That's nice.