Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #316
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
iPhone 5c photo from the bus-stop-in-front-of-Dior series... me and couture on the way to work.

09-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Here are a couple taken with an early Sony that had a max of 4.1 mega pixels. Both inside shots with no PP.

Last edited by arnold; 09-05-2014 at 10:03 PM.
09-05-2014, 08:29 PM - 1 Like   #318
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Been on vacation up to the Dakotas so I have missed out on a lot of great postings here. You guys/girls have posted some very nice Toy Camera work...as usual!

I took my K5 and a few very nice lenses......never opened my bag to use any of them. Strictly shot with the Toy Camera X20! The beauty of a Toy Camera is that it is always ready and always handy, so...you always use it!

Nothing fantastic, just memory shots, but it never let me down!

Oceans of sunflowers...

Shoot from your car window if you are lazy...like me! I don't have to pretend to be a real photographer and get out with a tripod and light meter.......heck, I'm just a Toy Camera sort of guy!

Oceans of wheat shot through the window on Mrs Rupert's side of the car!

Even a decent Texas sunset on the way up...

Lots of lakes and ponds.....no need to get out and set up...just shoot out the window!

I do admit I almost pulled out my Bigma for the pelican.....but decided I was too comfortable to go through the trouble of pulling out all that gear.

If you can drive up close enough, you can still get a bird shot!

Imagine the hassle of unloading all that junk to get to your big camera and lenses...when a Toy Camera is right there next to you and ready to go!

Toy Cameras...gotta love 'em!

Regards!
09-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #319
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice photos Rupert, the handy one gets used, definitely. I'm not used to that kind of flat landscape.

09-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #320
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
I'm not used to that kind of flat landscape
Thanks! The flat earth gets old very fast with me! Mrs Rupert...even faster! Glad I saw it all, but doubt I would want to see it again.....hours and hours of nothing but flat land can wear you down!

Mrs Rupert got to see her nephew in Bismarck and we got to meet one of my best friends here on PF (Parallax) and his lovely wife. That was really what the trip was all about anyhow.

Mrs Rupert and her nephew
X20

Mrs Rupert meets Jim's wife...they hit it off really nicely......talked up a storm!

You don't need a FF big bulky camera to capture wonderful memories....a Toy Camera will do the job and do it well!
No one knows that better than you, you make your Toy Camera shine!
Regards!
09-06-2014, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #321
Pentaxian

A fine series as always with the X20, Rupert. Glad your trip went well and you're back safe.
The Adirondack National car show is in Lake George this weekend and I have been getting a lot of shots with the K5 and DA15 combo but I had my Lumix handy when I pulled into a gas station on the way home.

A souped up Chevy Nova.

And this strange creation. Yes, it's a bicycle. I wouldn't want to pedal it very far but it does look cool.
09-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I just love the way all the lines come together in that tree-wise photo. That's nice.
Thank you if that was at me! At that point, the road actually goes over a small bridge to prevent damage to the shallow root system of the Kauri trees in the picture

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Been on vacation up to the Dakotas so I have missed out on a lot of great postings here. You guys/girls have posted some very nice Toy Camera work...as usual!

I took my K5 and a few very nice lenses......never opened my bag to use any of them. Strictly shot with the Toy Camera X20! The beauty of a Toy Camera is that it is always ready and always handy, so...you always use it!

Nothing fantastic, just memory shots, but it never let me down!

Oceans of sunflowers...

Shoot from your car window if you are lazy...like me! I don't have to pretend to be a real photographer and get out with a tripod and light meter.......heck, I'm just a Toy Camera sort of guy!

Oceans of wheat shot through the window on Mrs Rupert's side of the car!

Even a decent Texas sunset on the way up...

Lots of lakes and ponds.....no need to get out and set up...just shoot out the window!

I do admit I almost pulled out my Bigma for the pelican.....but decided I was too comfortable to go through the trouble of pulling out all that gear.

If you can drive up close enough, you can still get a bird shot!

Imagine the hassle of unloading all that junk to get to your big camera and lenses...when a Toy Camera is right there next to you and ready to go!

Toy Cameras...gotta love 'em!

Regards!
Enjoyed those flowers, and certainly agree that sometimes all is better/easier when you just have to roll down the window.

09-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #323
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Enjoyed those flowers, and certainly agree that sometimes all is better/easier when you just have to roll down the window.
Yes, it is!...and if that wind is blowing at 40 mph it is much better! Some places you could barely stand up straight.

The best factor is always the same with Toy Cameras...they are there with you and ready to shoot at a seconds notice. You may not get a masterpiece, but in my case it was never likely I would anyhow!

Sometimes just a good memory shot is all you need. I was the mgr. at this little store in Guthrie Okla 50 years ago when it was a shoe store.......We went through there on our way home and I got this quick shot while stopped in the street.

Just a memory to file away for viewing when I get bored and am reminiscing.
Regards!
09-09-2014, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #324
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Haven't done any X20 macro shots in a while.....here are some flowers I bought Mrs Rupert yesterday.

Gotta love Fuji colors!

Regards!
09-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #325
Veteran Member

Well the little toy Rhianna are being built, attached is how they should look.. Wish I ordered 2, one for my sister...

Cheers, Steve
Attached Images

09-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #326
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank...Give us an assortment of sample shots. It certainly looks "Toy".....I like that!

Regards!
09-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #327
Veteran Member

Still waiting for it, not dispatching them until December. Some photos here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-digital-diana-camera-project#activity
09-11-2014, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #328
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank...It's obvious to me now that I don't understand this camera, the concept, or anything else about it. Since we have near unlimited space here, maybe you can elaborate?

Regards!
09-12-2014, 02:11 AM   #329
Veteran Member

Rupert TBH I don't know why I've bought one......

The chap who builds them builds small numbers of hand made cameras, he has made 2 types of fisheye cameras, one pictured here.

Which I kind of wish I bought a copy of just to have on a key chain or something, ones on ebay tempting me at the moment.....

Earlier this year he announced he was going to create a digital 1000 Diana via crowd funding at £65 each, well as someone who always wanted to play with Lomography but am now to lazy to play with film... even though I have a Fed 3 with a roll in.... I thought I would give it a go.

So it's going to be a low quality plastic digital camera, but a true toy

Cheers, Steve
09-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #330
Veteran Member

Lomography, by definition, is not digital. It is, again by definition, analog; i.e., film based. This guy is just co-opting a term he either doesn't understand, or hopes others don't.

http://www.lomography.com/about/timeline

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 09-12-2014 at 02:28 AM.