Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #346
Dark Underlord
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just bought my sister a new Fuji Instax Mini 90 "Neo Classic" 645 instant. Partly because I really wanted to play with it, but also partly because I think it hurt her feelings when I made fun of her Holga. (and her Minolta XD11, and her Kodak Retinette, and her three old Polaroid cameras...) To her credit, she does have a minty Spotmatic SP and a ZX-60. This means she will begin receiving shipments of odd lenses from me, and maybe even an SF-1 to go with the ZX.

She says she will use the Fuji to take pictures of her shoes, and that ladies would understand.

09-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #347
Veteran Member

I quite fancy the Fuji Instax, don’t know why, I think the kids would enjoy it.

Oh you can get a Lomo’Instant now.

http://shop.lomography.com/us/cameras/instant-cameras/lomo-instant-sanremo-edition

Cheers, Steve
09-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #348
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just wish it would get cool enough that I could go out and use all my cameras more. I get tired of shooting only clients, dolls, and anything around the house that takes my fancy just to keep myself busy. I want to go to the zoo, visit the nature sanctuaries, the big cat shelter here. But it's all outdoors and I just can't take the high heat. I wish Fall would hurry up and get here. It's flipping the middle of Sept and I still can't hardly stick my nose outside my front door without risking serious heat stroke... :P
09-13-2014, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #349
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took the Canon P&S out yesterday for a walk in the cool & wet weather:

09-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #350
Veteran Member

Do liker the macro ability of these smaller cameras.

Been working on one of my engines and the super macro mode comes in really handy for the smaller bits!

What I am working on...

Cheers, Steve
09-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #351
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I just wish it would get cool enough that I could go out and use all my cameras more. I get tired of shooting only clients, dolls, and anything around the house that takes my fancy just to keep myself busy. I want to go to the zoo, visit the nature sanctuaries, the big cat shelter here. But it's all outdoors and I just can't take the high heat. I wish Fall would hurry up and get here. It's flipping the middle of Sept and I still can't hardly stick my nose outside my front door without risking serious heat stroke... :P
I'll trade you. It's in the 40's as I type this and I don't think we ever hit 90 all summer. It odd that one part of the country is blazing hot and in drought conditions and the other is cold and wet with flood watches.
09-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I feel you sister. I'm waiting till dusk to head out and finish a roll of Tri-X so I can develop it tonight.

Attached Images

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 09-13-2014 at 10:55 PM.
09-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #353
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Do liker the macro ability of these smaller cameras.

Been working on one of my engines and the super macro mode comes in really handy for the smaller bits!

What I am working on...

Cheers, Steve
I really like these, Steve. That engine is great. I never know what I'm looking at but really like it.
09-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #354
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
I feel you brother. I'm waiting till dusk to head out and finish a roll of Tri-X so I can develop it tonight.
That would be "sister" just an FYI, lol. I honestly don't get why so many people on here use male pronouns when they type back at me. I'd think it would be pretty obvious that "Mag Kelly" is a woman? Also, I would gladly trade here for 40 degrees and upstate NY, absolutely. I love New England in the Fall. How I wish I could just take a train and go away for a week. I've been to upstate NY and Maine for the Summers, but once I went to Newport RI once just in time for all the leaves and it was so crisp and gorgeous the whole time I was there. We had cider fresh from the orchard and it was just amazing, nothing like the stuff in the plastic bottles that they sell here as "fresh." First 10 years I lived where there was a real Fall too. I miss that, all the colored leaves, how cool it gets, the bonfires and Fall festivals. As much as I don't like Summer by contrast I love Fall and Winter...
09-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #355
Veteran Member

Whoops. Fixed.
09-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #356
Pentaxian

Yes, the fall is beautiful. The leaves are changing now but it just seems like the summer was so short, almost too short.
09-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #357
Veteran Member

A perfect example of what a "toy" camera is all about...

...the light was right the subject was there and I just happened to have the little Canon S95 in my shirt pocket.
Both taken in RAW.

Last edited by wildman; 09-19-2014 at 12:23 AM.
09-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #358
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
A perfect example of what a "toy" camera is all about...
Yep...a Toy Camera is always there and ready. No big bag, no tripod or special lighting, no changing lenses, just shoot the shot!
X10

Toy Cameras...aren't they wonderful!

Regards!
09-15-2014, 06:01 AM   #359
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Taken a few years back with my Panny LX-3
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LX3  Photo 
09-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #360
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took our dogs over to some nearby ponds on a nice early Fall morning yesterday. Since they would be leashed some of the time, I took a little Canon p&s to make things easier Taken at the Colleyville Nature Center:
Jeannie keeping an eye out for squirrels...

Tino poking along the path...

Last edited by paulh; 09-15-2014 at 07:25 AM.