Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #361
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Paul - you can really see the yellow colors of fall in those shots.

09-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #362
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Nice Paul - you can really see the yellow colors of fall in those shots.
Thanks Stan. You're right, there's a hint of yellow in the trees lately. We usually don't see much Fall color until October, but our recent cool snap might speed things up a bit
09-15-2014, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #363
Veteran Member

Some great shots coming out of this thread.

Tried some of the “advanced” features on the X10 this morning.

Not sure I’m sold on the portrait enhancer gives a rather smudged look.

Also tried the Toy camera simulator, just adds a vignette and makes it a bit yellow...

Simple EXR mode wins again in my books.

The kids lucked out on breakfast... I got a bacon sandwich

Cheers, Steve
09-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #364
Veteran Member

More confessions today.... found the X10 has a internal memory and I had some photos from when I was in Bahrain in there..... only been there a year!

Converted to black and white via the Nik Collection.

Cheers, Steve

09-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #365
Pentaxian

Nice shots, Paul and Skankin!

This was shot from the same place as a Lumix shot I posted a couple of weeks ago except with a different Toy Camera, this one from the iPhone 5s. I think the camera is pretty darn good. The only thing I did in PP here was bring up the shadows slider a bit. It handles the highlights better than the Lumix which overexposes on shots like this if I don't shoot with a -1 or more EV. In a couple of weeks, this will be in full fall color.

09-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #366
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing shots from everyone today
Yesterday before going to the ponds, I met a gentleman who was selling his old Canon Powershot SD450 on craigslist. It's an older model, but was in nice shape, so I got it as a birthday gift for my niece, who is showing signs of interest in photography. After purchasing the camera, I drove less than 2 miles to get to the ponds for some test shots with the dogs. Here's another with the 2005-vintage Canon:
09-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #367
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
You guys just keep posting some nice Toy Camera shots! Keep it up, we are making progress in converting those that don't realize the joy of a good Toy Camera!

Paul.....Just a note from my youth in the Metroplex......I can recall when Colleyville consisted of two Collies and a Pomeranian!

One of my favorite X10 shots from when I first got it.

Coming in Nov...the Panny LX100 Toy Camera...this could change the minds of a lot of shooters that have to carry all that big heavy DSLR gear around. If the reviews come out half decent, I'm going to get one for my birthday...Mrs Rupert has already agreed that she needs a new camera, since someone stole her X10 and X20 for their own personal use.

Regards!

09-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #368
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
since someone stole her X10 and X20 for their own personal use.
The scoundrel!
09-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #369
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Coming in Nov...the Panny LX100 Toy Camera...this could change the minds of a lot of shooters that have to carry all that big heavy DSLR gear around. If the reviews come out half decent, I'm going to get one for my birthday...Mrs Rupert has already agreed that she needs a new camera, since someone stole her X10 and X20 for their own personal use.

Regards!
The new LX100 has really got my attention - more than anything camera related in the past 2 years.

Here's a thread going on about it:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/273...announced.html
09-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #370
Pentaxian

It does look nice. I kind of kick myself now for buying the LF 1 last year but then again, something will come out around this time next year that will be equally awesome.
09-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #371
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The scoundrel!
Isn't it the truth!

That Panny is very interesting indeed.....no doubt we will see some here this late Fall if the reviews check out as nicely as we expect. Toy cameras are on the move!...well,all except the Fuji X30.

Can't forget though, it's not just the IQ that matters....it's if you get the shot or not, and with a Toy Camera always handy, that is not hard to do! Toy Cameras have to be about fun and the joy of shooting or they are no better than a big ugly FF camera.

If you have a Toy Car that matches your Toy Camera it's twice the fun! Poor Mrs Rupert...she had a Toy Car and someone stole it too!
X20

Regards!
09-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #372
Veteran Member

A reason for wanting a FF
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #373
Veteran Member

Today I attended a memorial crank up of an old friend who passed away the other day, we fired up his larger Ruston Hornsby diesel engine for the day of the funeral.

Here is a video taken on my Fuji X10, now I was thinking about upgrading to something else for better video function but I think the X10 is more then good enough for my needs!

Here is a link to an album of pictures taken on the X10.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/2strokesteve/sets/72157647292645497/

Cheers, Steve
09-17-2014, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #374
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
That engine is AWESOME!
09-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #375
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
That engine is AWESOME!
Thanks, it is a bit of a beast, 46hp with a 6 ton flywheel.

Cheers, Steve