Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2014, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #376
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes, very sorry for the loss of your friend. That's an unusual way for you to memorialize him, but I bet he would appreciate it.
Those album shots are fantastic!

Regards!

09-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #377
Veteran Member

Well the engine was his pride and joy, what better way to remember him by the firing it up with some friends, his family and friends all enjoyed looking at what be brought and to see John's engine running again, not often the average Joe can see an engine if that size and age running.

thanks, I was pleased with the X10, a mix of EXR mode and pro low light.

Cheers, Steve
09-17-2014, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #378
Pentaxian

Ditto on the other comments. The album is awesome! An excellent memorial also. That Fuji is a very capable little camera.
09-17-2014, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #379
Veteran Member

Just loved the video and album! What a great send off for him.

09-18-2014, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #380
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Remember...Toy Cameras shoot macros too! Post yours here! Saw this one out on my shop wall this morning....easy to shoot, just pick up the Toy Camera and fire away...no lens to change, just easy shooting!
Lucky for him, I'm not going fishing!
X20

Regards!
09-18-2014, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #381
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Just loved the video and album! What a great send off for him.
...what the others said - nice tribute & I enjoyed the video & album, too.
09-18-2014, 12:02 PM - 1 Like   #382
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One from this morning by the lake with the Canon SD1100 IS:

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 02:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Paul.....Just a note from my youth in the Metroplex......I can recall when Colleyville consisted of two Collies and a Pomeranian!
Rupert, the Pomeranian sends his regards!

09-19-2014, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #383
Pentaxian

I planted some sunflowers in the backyard but the deer seemed to enjoy nibbling the tops and I ended up with a bunch of tall stalks and no flowers. A few recovered and I got my first blossom this week with a few more buds showing up on some others. When I saw the frost warning show up, I ran out and snagged a quick shot with the Lumix. I don't think we got below freezing and I didn't notice frost on the lawn so maybe I'll get some more.

Lately, it seems my Lumix is getting more use than my K5.
09-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #384
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice stuff Reef, Paul! Might have done better with a big heavy FF, tripod, reflector, umbrella, light meter, stabilizer bag for the tripod, remote shutter release cable, assistant to hold the reflector and umbrella, and a $2k lens.......but what the heck, those came out nice enough for me without a doubt!

Got this little guy out by my shop....looks like he only has one front leg, but I went back and checked, they are both there! Saves me from having to put him on the disabled injured list!

X20

Toy Cameras..the only thing they are waiting for is you! Isn't it fun!

Regards!
09-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #385
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another from almost a toy, the X100, heavy toy, P&S auto and SOOC...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo 
09-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #386
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jac.....Nice Fuji colors there! I did check with the Toy Camera Board of Directors here at PF to verify that the X100 is indeed just another Toy Camera.
The Board consists of PF members that are constantly howling and moaning for a FF Pentax camera with unceasing and relentless barrages of certainty that FF cameras are the only "real" cameras on earth. Apparently the 645 Pentax is not even a "real" camera...only a FF camera can be classified as the genuine article.
So, with that in mind, they promptly declared your X100 as nothing but a joke and a toy, unworthy of consideration by any "real" shooter. So welcome to Toy Camera Heaven here, where we spend most of our time taking shots and having fun...and leaving all the moaning and groaning to the Professional Whiners on the Board of Directors!

Question for the Board of Directors? If this was shot with a "not real" camera...can it be "real" food? Should we eat it or not? Is it dangerous, unhealthy, or just a mirage? So many questions caused by Toy Cameras!

Regards!
09-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #387
Veteran Member

Is that chicken-fried steak? Because if it is, my ex-wife said that isn't real food.
It won't get you full if it isn't shot with a full-frame.
And instant-cameras can only take pictures of instant-food.
09-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #388
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
Is that chicken-fried steak? Because if it is, my ex-wife said that isn't real food.
It won't get you full if it isn't shot with a full-frame.
And instant-cameras can only take pictures of instant-food.
Could be a glitch in my X20 that caused it to look real. My son ordered and ate it, but he seemed to enjoy it and was in no worse health for it that I could tell ...other than gaining a few pounds? Or...maybe he was just bluffing too? Hard to say what happens with a Toy Camera, they are tricky little machines!

We could ask that Board of Directors, but they are busy discussing the new "prototype" FF Pentax lenses they think they have spotted. I suspect they won't be eating for months as they debate whether or not they are real, and as usual......when the FF Pentax will appear so they can become "real" Pro shooters. Here, we just snap away and don't worry much about FF cameras or becoming Pro shooters. It's a tough job for us, but somebody has to do it!

Regards!
09-20-2014, 04:50 PM - 2 Likes   #389
Pentaxian

Interesting looking mantis you have there, Rupert.

Funny you mentioned all the gear. I was at the Adirondack Balloon Festival early this morning. Hot air balloons are a photographer magnet and they come from all over. I have been going to this event for years. When the conditions are ideal, over 100 balloons will launch with several thousand spectators mingling in with the balloon crews and taking pictures is difficult. When I bought my DA 10-17 Fisheye a few years ago, one of the things I couldn't wait for was the annual balloon festival. I got some awesome shots too! When the crews began inflating their balloons, all the "serious" photographers with the lenses longer than their arms start running backwards, trying to figure how to fit a 4 story high balloon in the shot. I had hooked up with a Nikon guy who also happened to have a fisheye and when everybody started running back to get the balloon in the frame, we ran forward, got in the way and photo bombed all of them. It was great fun! I saw one guy this morning lugging around 2 FF Canons with those big, long white lenses that look like softball bats, and a large tripod with a gimbel head. I think he was lost as you will see more migrating geese along the river. Anyhow, I had a great time and did bring my Lumix along. My K5 and DA 10-17 and DA 15 did most of the work but the little toy camera held it's own.

09-21-2014, 07:03 AM   #390
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like a lot of fun times Reef! Those are some very nice shots of the event, up close and personal. I've never had a desire to ride around in a basket, given my tendency to fall off of things, why give disaster a perfect opportunity to finish me off?

Regards!