Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2014, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #481
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just for you Rupert

Fuji X30 with Classic Chrome

I totally love the articulating LCD screen on the X30. This is the first camera I have owned with this feature and I will definitely want this feature on any future camera purchases. It is great for low-angle pics like the top picture here.

10-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #482
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
I posted this over int he Fuji thread...should have been here...so I'll re-post.....I make mistakes...Mrs Rupert says ....."lots of them!"

Lookin' good Mr Bassie! You are making all us Toy Camera shooters proud.

While some are all tied up in the "FF Wars" and others have joined the FF Army...and have regular appointments with their chiropractor and their Loan Officer, we are out there shooting away with our Toy Cameras! ! Gotta love it!

Fine shooting! The screen is truly working for your benefit.....which means even more shots to post here for our viewing!
Regards! & Thanks for posting! More!

All you guys/girls.....keep us alive, post your shots, we have plenty of room!

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/166...#ixzz3GnxufoHA
10-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #483
Veteran Member

Thank you Rupert!
10-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #484
Veteran Member

Well Mr Bassie, your x30 pics the last coule days have really got me thinking. I pretty much had my mind set on the Panny LX100 as my next compact camera, but now I am rethinking that. I had told myself that my next camera would have an articulating screen no matter what as I just can't move my body like I used to. Taking a look at the x30 looks to be $300 less which is also a huge thing for me right now.

I just love your shots with the Classic Chrome. I am primarily a raw shooter and enjoy doing PP work, but it looks like the OOC jpegs you are providing us here are just stunning.

10-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #485
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Well Mr Bassie, your x30 pics the last coule days have really got me thinking. I pretty much had my mind set on the Panny LX100 as my next compact camera, but now I am rethinking that. I had told myself that my next camera would have an articulating screen no matter what as I just can't move my body like I used to. Taking a look at the x30 looks to be $300 less which is also a huge thing for me right now.

I just love your shots with the Classic Chrome. I am primarily a raw shooter and enjoy doing PP work, but it looks like the OOC jpegs you are providing us here are just stunning.
Thanks! I have been a RAW only shooter up until owning the X30. But I had to shoot JPEG due to lack of RAW support in my version of Lightroom. So far so good. One thing that is really nice is Film Simulation bracketing which lets you try three film sims on every shot. I've been using that a lot.
10-21-2014, 12:57 PM - 2 Likes   #486
Veteran Member

Mr Bassie Great shots, really love the classic chrome! I hope they bring it too the older models! Would love it on my X10 and X-Pro, but can't see it coming to the EXR sensor X10.
I have a Kodachrome film sim on Aperture but it overcooks the image far too much.

Can I warrant a X30..... on from the X10.

Cheers, Steve
10-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #487
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You certainly can warrant an X30 with a shot like that Skank! ...and isn't she lovely too!
Maybe someday I can make my little X cameras proud of me......but it probably isn't a day anytime soon!

Regards!

10-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #488
Veteran Member

You certainly wararnt an X10 but I'm not sure you need one as you are doing fine with what you have. What a cutie!

---------- Post added 10-21-14 at 07:18 PM ----------

From this evening, Fuji X30 classic chrome

Last edited by Mr Bassie; 10-21-2014 at 04:18 PM.
10-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #489
Veteran Member

My wee poser! Tried X30 and RX100 Mk2 today, have to say I like how it felt in the hand and seemed quicker to focus then my old X10 (and X-Pro 1....) EVF was very good, I found it responsive and lag free in my in-store trial.

I tried the RX100 Mk2 (Mk3 doesn’t appeal with lack of hot shoe) snappy AF and a nice small form factor but the lack of OVF/EVF and manual room puts me off.

We’ll see, it’s a lot of money when I have a perfectly good X10 in the stable.

Cheers, Steve
10-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #490
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
You certainly wararnt an X10 but I'm not sure you need one as you are doing fine with what you have. What a cutie!

---------- Post added 10-21-14 at 07:18 PM ----------

From this evening, Fuji X30 classic chrome
Great pic and nice horse
10-22-2014, 03:23 PM - 1 Like   #491
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
We’ll see, it’s a lot of money when I have a perfectly good X10 in the stable.
I stop looking at anything without an EVF/OVF. Today is partly sunny, but it is rare here when the sun doesn't make using the LCD outside impossible. Also need as much zoom as possible...sometimes you need it, and the more the better.

The X30 is looking better with every shot posted here....but it is too close to my X20 to go for it. Maybe I need to hold for now with what I've got. If I can find a LX100 to actually hold, I am still open...although the range is too short for my taste.

I can take bad photos with anything, so I don't have the limitations some have! I do love the OVF on the X10/X20 so I can see just how much worse what I capture is than what I saw with my own eyes!

Regards!
10-23-2014, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #492
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys have sold me on those x-series Fujis - time to start saving my pennies! Some excellent images posted lately.
Meanwhile, I still get some nice images (IMO) from my old Canon Powershot:
10-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #493
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Meanwhile, I still get some nice images (IMO) from my old Canon Powershot:
That is a nice shot.....can't argue with you there! Some shadows/highlights and it brings out a little more detail.
Name:  15574713182_92dff48433_o.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  814.2 KB

Your little Canon does a good job, and I think you do well with it. You are hereby approved to upgrade to a new Fuji X30.....you can print this approval and show it to the Mrs!

Regards!

BTW- Where is that park?
10-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #494
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Rupert - that's a nice conversion. I guess I'm reluctant to pull shadow details, since it exposes quite a bit of noise. PP is an ongoing learning process! This little picnic area is right on Lake Grapevine. In fact, the lake and boathouses were behind me during this shot.
10-24-2014, 06:04 AM   #495
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I thought that might be on lake Grapevine. I spent many hours on and around that lake in the early 70s.

That was a quick one click conversion, it could have been better with a few more minutes of attention. I like to play with processing, I'm sure not the best at it, but it is a lot of fun and often can give you just what you are looking for.

For those that hate processing, I do believe that it is widely recognized that Fuji has the best Jpeg engines in their X cameras of any cameras out there. Keep that in mind as you consider the X30 in your future. Look at those from Mr Bassie....those are Fuji Jpeg shots!

Best Regards!