Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #511
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
for some things My iPhone does the job just fine

For others not so much (but the kit in the photo will take care of that)

Last edited by eddie1960; 10-27-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: pasted wrong link
10-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #512
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I never had the orb issue on my X10 either, though did find I could force it if I tried hard enough, but then only in very limited circumstances. I always wondered if this was only in some X10 cameras or if it was only with some X10 users that did force it??

Regards!
Not a clue Rupert, I'm not sure I fully understand it but isn’t it something to do with how the light glints off of an object? Instead of a nice star burst you get a round ball?

White orb or not it has to be one of the most rewarding cameras I've used, It's more then just he IQ, the feel of the camera has a lot to do with it. I tried the RX100 and couldn’t go back to a power zoom after having a manual zoom on a P&S.

Don’t talk to me about phones, I had a iPhone 4S which had OK IQ for a camera phone, changed to a HTC One with it's "mega pixels" something link 3 pixel sensor but they are bigger pixels? But it is pants in anything but perfect lighting.
Cheers, Steve
10-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #513
Veteran Member

Took the X-30 to the Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games last weekend.

All were shot in classic chrome last two converted to B&W in LR5

10-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #514
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Nice shots Mr Bassie.....chalk up another victory for Toy Cameras with the X30.......I never would have believed it would perform as it does...but it does! That Classic Chrome is a real winner!

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Not a clue Rupert, I'm not sure I fully understand it but isn’t it something to do with how the light glints off of an object? Instead of a nice star burst you get a round ball?
Skank, I could sometimes produce the orbs on a bright day off the shiny chrome surfaces of a car. They were strange indeed, but I had to work at it to get them. Maybe one out of five shots could produce an orb or two.
Mrs Rupert sometimes uses the X10, just park it in EXR and let her shoot! You can seldom go wrong in EXR, adjust the DR and ISO and you will get some decent results most every time!

Mrs Rupert took the X10 to a wedding I shot a couple of years back, and although she knows NOTHING of cameras and had only shot a few "practice shots" with the X10 in advance, she got a bundle of really nice shots. Easy to use, great DR, and fun too!

Mrs Rupert's best shots.....this was the brides favorite, even beating out my K5 shots!

The solid body of the X10 was what originally attracted my attention, but the results were what kept me interested.

BTW- Didn't catch a single "orb" at that wedding!

Regards!

10-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #515
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great stuff here as usual!
a couple while visiting the ponds in Colleyville this Sept (Canon p&s)

10-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #516
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My old friend at the Nursing Home didn't want to pose with this worker yesterday.....he was afraid it would break my Toy Camera! Toy Cameras are tough, they get the dirty work that those fancy FF cameras never see.

Sorry to put you through that Charlie!

Regards!
10-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #517
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Toy cameras rule! Not that I do not use others when required...

10-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #518
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Toy cameras rule! Not that I do not use others when required...
Of course Jac! We use what we need when we need them, but realize that what we need most of the time is a good Toy Camera! You are one that certainly knows how to make a Toy Camera sing, I always admire your shots!

Someday when Pentax comes out with a FF camera, and all those that were squealing for it realize that it is not the end all solution for their photographic passions, we will type them this phrase....."Have you ever considered a Toy Camera?"
Regards!
10-29-2014, 07:36 PM - 2 Likes   #519
Veteran Member

Yeah - it seems this forum group is quite gear centered. And I'll admit I was caught up in that for a few years also. I honestly believe that getting my last toy camera (Panny LX5) has made me step back from that and really concentrate on the photography itself - the object of capturing light.
10-30-2014, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #520
NKK
Inactive Account

Great Pictures everyone.

A couple of Black and White with my new Toy Camera (Fuji X10)
All of them are from my London trip last week to Watch NFL in the international series (Game 10), a couple of Pictures are posted in the X10/X100 thread.

Really enjoy the build quality of this camera:

Part of a Market place (Forgot the name sorry):

Street artists doing their art:

Neighbors:

Event boat at the shores of the Thames:

/NKK
10-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #521
Veteran Member

Great shots around Covent Garden Market, was there on Tuesday, though my photography mojo wasn't with me on the day.

Cheers, Steve
10-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #522
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots around Covent Garden Market, was there on Tuesday, though my photography mojo wasn't with me on the day.

Cheers, Steve
Ditto - nice shots, thanks for sharing!
10-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #523
NKK
Inactive Account

Cheers, Steve
Ah that's the name Thank you.
Great place.

---------- Post added 10-30-14 at 05:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Ditto - nice shots, thanks for sharing!
Glad you like them - It's great with these small cameras, have to agree that you "get away with more" and people don't get scared like when you cary around a bigger Cam
10-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #524
Veteran Member

Original Poster
NKK. ..Those are some really good shots! The B/W are some of the best I've seen from the X10.

That last one of the ship...what a perfect example of "orbs"....the ship is plastered with them! That should make X10 critics jump with joy!

Regards!
10-31-2014, 06:28 AM   #525
Veteran Member

Gratuitous puppy shots

Three from the Fuji X30 in Toy Camera filter mode

This one is also super macro mode: