Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #571
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
This little Gecko slipped into my entryway today as I was coming in from the grocery store. He is a great example of "You can run but you can't hide from a Toy Camera". Toy Cameras are always ready, no tripod or flash needed, no big fancy lens, no digging around in a camera bag to find the right equipment......just point and shoot!

Regards! Love your Toy Camera, it is your friend and will be there for you in the years to come as you wait...and wait ...for a FF Pentax!

BTW-Each one of those parquet tile sections is one inch wide. The base trim is missing because I am installing new trim, so he slipped into the gap. I'm guessing that from nose to tail he is about 2-2 1/2 inches long? Cutest little guys, we have several that live in the house plants.

11-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #572
Veteran Member

A couple I shot on the phone while waiting for the tube at Green Park Station.

Love the little Lizard Rupert.

Cheers, Steve
11-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #573
Veteran Member

Found some (loads!) photos taken on a old P&S I bought the 1st time I was in Bahrain in 2008. Camera is a Panasonic FX500/520, I think mine was a FX520 as it was bought in the Asian market.

I had hair for one....

Views from the old apartments.

Pools.

A Lizard for Rupert

On body flash didn't do too bad!

Got some more but I will leave them for another time, don't like filling up the thread with my trash..

Cheers, Steve

Last edited by skankin_giant; 11-13-2014 at 08:14 AM.
11-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #574
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Love the phone shots Skank! They are very "Toy Camera" with the processing. Perfect!

Not bad shots from the Panny either! Thanks for the little Gecko, I love those little guys!

My youngest son spent some time in Bahrain when he was stationed in Saudi...can't recall the year. Lots of sand and heat. He sent home some very nice gold jewelry for Mrs Rupert that I think came for Bahrain...maybe Saudi? It was very intricate and yet sold for only the market price of the gold. He also sent a box full of those "puzzle rings" for relatives and friends....did you ever see those over there?

Post more...we have all the room we need here!

Regards!

11-13-2014, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #575
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Love the phone shots Skank! They are very "Toy Camera" with the processing. Perfect!

Not bad shots from the Panny either! Thanks for the little Gecko, I love those little guys!

My youngest son spent some time in Bahrain when he was stationed in Saudi...can't recall the year. Lots of sand and heat. He sent home some very nice gold jewelry for Mrs Rupert that I think came for Bahrain...maybe Saudi? It was very intricate and yet sold for only the market price of the gold. He also sent a box full of those "puzzle rings" for relatives and friends....did you ever see those over there?

Post more...we have all the room we need here!

Regards!
It changed so much from when I 1st end in 2008 to the last 2013, the they might have had some down the Souq but it seems to have moved to more knock off electrical, I saved my money this time instead of buying knock off watched and bought a X-Pro 1 kit and filter set (no big name brand but good enough for what I want) Though I did get a Gorillapod SLR for a good price!

Some from the race course.

This made me laugh.

Some from the Zoo.

Got a few more left.

Cheers, Steve
11-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #576
Veteran Member

Oh on another note I should have my one of these soon, they had their release party on the 6th sadly I was on nights.
Am I on the only one who thinks the box out shines the look of the product? Might have to get some modelling paint out...

Cheers, Steve
Attached Images

11-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #577
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Skankin', those b/w race car shots look great.
One from my little Canon p&s this weekend (before the polar vortex arrived!)

11-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #578
Veteran Member

Thanks, last lot from me tonight....

If I remember right this was in a cafe.

And some night time shots, sadly these can't be replicated as they have blocked off the area I took them in due to the riots.

Thats the bet of the bunch from my Panny.

Cheers, Steve
11-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #579
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
It changed so much from when I 1st end in 2008 to the last 2013, the they might have had some down the Souq but it seems to have moved to more knock off electrical, I saved my money this time instead of buying knock off watched and bought a X-Pro 1 kit and filter set (no big name brand but good enough for what I want) Though I did get a Gorillapod SLR for a good price!

Some from the race course.

This made me laugh.

Cheers, Steve
Haha... that's awesome! Nice Capture

---------- Post added 11-13-14 at 09:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Pugtastic Rupert! Cute dog!

Piano lesson ihn B&W with Yellow Filter:

I was thinking the same as Rubert, about how to choose the filters. Right now i go for the Red filter and then i will try experimenting a Little.
But great pic.
11-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #580
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
[/COLOR]

I was thinking the same as Rubert, about how to choose the filters. Right now i go for the Red filter and then i will try experimenting a Little.
But great pic.
I use green, but that because I used to use a green filter when I shot film on my T90, Just carried on.

Cheers, Steve
11-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #581
Veteran Member

Great pics everyone.

Can;t wait to see the cyclops pics Steve

Holga
11-14-2014, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #582
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice stuff you guys post here...real world shots from real world shooters!

Don't worry about my little Gecko...he found a home in here already! All set for the winter where it's nice and warm!
X20

Regards!
11-15-2014, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #583
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice photographs posted the last days. Here's a phone shot that I like well enough. "You talking to me!"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
11-15-2014, 09:18 AM - 2 Likes   #584
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jac......Another "you talkin' to me?".....with an attitude!

X10

Regards!
11-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #585
Veteran Member

Here are a couple from the Fuji Instax Mini-90 "Neo-Classic".
My sister isn't using it correctly. Its supposed to be a toy.
Attached Images