Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #601
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I see an old man with a goofy hat in a jeep on that snow bank with an x20 shooting out the window........with the heat blasting of course.......

11-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #602
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I see an old man with a goofy hat in a jeep on that snow bank with an x20 shooting out the window........with the heat blasting of course.....
That's not what I see......I see an old guy in a Jeep with his fine looking hat and a new passenger that needs warming up. I'll let you guys know how it works out.....

Regards!
11-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #603
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our lake is drying up, and exposing all kinds of strange artifacts (Canon SD1100 IS):
11-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #604
Veteran Member

Original Poster
...I wouldn't get to close to that thing Paul.......it looks like it could grab you an suck you into that mouth on top.

Lake Granbury is almost dry in many spots.....this used to be acres of water, just dirt now.

Never seen Grapevine so low.....I remember when it was a new lake, and full to the brim.

Regards!

11-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #605
Veteran Member

Bad craziness. Good pics guys. A bit worrisome though I must admit.

Sorry I haven't been posting here Rupert. Been busy testing my new camera before the return period runs out.

Here is an iPhone grab I got while out on a walk one day:

11-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #606
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mr Bassie...after all the great shots you have posted with the X30, if you send it back we will all try our best to have you committed to an insane asylum!

Regards!
11-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #607
Veteran Member

I'm not sending the X30 back. I couldn't if I wanted to as I am beyond the return period. I'm talking about my other new camera that is not to be otherwise mentioned in this particular thread.

11-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #608
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
I'm not sending the X30 back. I couldn't if I wanted to as I am beyond the return period. I'm talking about my other new camera that is not to be otherwise mentioned in this particular thread.
That's good news Mr Bassie, for a minute there I thought you had lost your mind! You can mention your other cameras here, we are not hostile in this thread to any camera....we may be biased for Toy Cameras, but all cameras are good to have...I'd love to own one of all of them! That's probably all that is keeping me from being a Pro shooter....I just don't have the right camera?

Regards!
11-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #609
Veteran Member

If only we had unlimited money!
11-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #610
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
A Quick Snap of my Toy Camera after it got a new hand strap - Original Gordy Camera Strap. I have to say i am very impressed with the quality and it looks niiiice
No Wonder why Gordy's hand straps are so popular!

And the Snap is taken with another Toy Camera - my Lumia 920

Last edited by NKK; 11-22-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Typos :)
11-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Never seen Grapevine so low.....I remember when it was a new lake, and full to the brim.
Yeah, sad to see for sure. It would take an enormous amount of rain this winter to get it back to normal. The lake doesn't look too bad here, but you could probably wade over to the marina from this dock. Notice the steep incline on the ramp in the background. It's usually nearly horizontal. (Canon SD1100 IS)
11-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #612
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like a seriously good strap!
Here is my X10 as shot with my X20...this is a flimsy little strap, but durable enough. The case is my favorite and I use it for my X20 mostly....very durable and well made genuine cowhide.
BTW-If your hood is like mine you can screw in a filter...as I have here....a 52mm CP .....or any other you desire.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Damn! These are fine looking little Toy Cameras and in your hands they feel as solid as they look. Just makes you want to shoot them as much as you can!

Regards!

---------- Post added 11-22-14 at 10:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
The lake doesn't look too bad here, but you could probably wade over to the marina from this dock. Notice the steep incline on the ramp in the background. It's usually nearly horizontal.
Paul...is that the fishing barge? We used to go to the Grapevine barge and fish all night when I was in High School.....I can't recall ever catching a thing but we had a ton of fun. We were banned from the fishing barge in Arlington, long story...but it had a lot to do with fireworks and beer.

Regards!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X20  Photo 
11-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #613
NKK
Inactive Account

Looks like a seriously good strap!
Here is my X10 as shot with my X20...this is a flimsy little strap, but durable enough. The case is my favorite and I use it for my X20 mostly....very durable and well made genuine cowhide.
BTW-If your hood is like mine you can screw in a filter...as I have here....a 52mm CP .....or any other you desire.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Damn! These are fine looking little Toy Cameras and in your hands they feel as solid as they look. Just makes you want to shoot them as much as you can!

Regards!

---------- Post added 11-22-14 at 10:48 AM ----------

Nice case you have there, i got the Fuji one, it's really nice too.

Yes the strap is really nice and solid, I don't know if you know Gordy's, but it was well worth the wait to get it shipped over from US ( gordy's camera straps )

Ah yes, i forgot about the 52mm filter thread in the hood - thank you for the reminder

---------- Post added 11-22-14 at 05:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Yeah, sad to see for sure. It would take an enormous amount of rain this winter to get it back to normal. The lake doesn't look too bad here, but you could probably wade over to the marina from this dock. Notice the steep incline on the ramp in the background. It's usually nearly horizontal. (Canon SD1100 IS)
That looks like a hugh difference from "normal"
11-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #614
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
Nice case you have there, i got the Fuji one, it's really nice too.
I (had) the genuine Black Fuji...gave it to Mr Bassie. I still have a Brown Fuji case, but prefer my Cowhide case because it smells like a cow, and being here in Texas, I love the great smell of a fine cow!

We have plenty of cows here in Texas!

Regards!
11-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #615
NKK
Inactive Account

I (had) the genuine Black Fuji...gave it to Mr Bassie. I still have a Brown Fuji case, but prefer my Cowhide case because it smells like a cow, and being here in Texas, I love the great smell of a fine cow!

We have plenty of cows here in Texas!

Regards!
Nice Picture And i get the Texas / Longhorn part

Have been in Austin once and really liked it, would love to come back some time and see some more of Texas