Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #631
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Not dumb....we don't have dumb people here, maybe just information challenged?

Well, for some, many in fact, in particular those hollering for a FF Pentax camera, these little Point & Shoot cameras are not serious, just little toys. For them, even the K3, as excellent as it is falls far short for their amazing abilities...if only they had a FF Pentax. We don't actually see any of their highly superior work....owing to their not having a FF Pentax, of course, but we can imagine how fantastic it would be.

Meanwhile, we play with our Toy Cameras and get tons of images....some of them can even be called excellent.....but of course again.....only in the eyes of a Toy Camera shooter!

Best Regards!
Thanks. I suspected something like that.

11-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #632
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yep Jac.....She kept the cobbler and the car on that trip. Being a native Texan, I've eaten a lot of BBQ in Texas and most of it is delicious, but none has ever been as consistently fantastic as at Coopers BBQ in Llano Texas. They have hit the magic formula and never waver.

More photos from their site... https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT8JYmnhUDRgAleRXNyoA;...%27s+bbq+llano

You can order online, they ship nationwide. My recommendation is always the giant chops, but everything is delicious.

Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar?B?Que - It's All About The Meat!

A short (If old Rupert can do short?) story from Coopers in Llano. Not going political.....not doing it !...but although I was never a fan of George Bush or his daddy, I always agreed with both of them that Coopers in Llano had the best BBQ in Texas!
I was with Mrs Rupert at Coppers several years back when three men in black with dark shades cut in line just in front of me. Since it is not all that far from George's ranch in Crawford, I knew who they must be and struck up a conversation...or tried to...they weren't all that friendly. Anyhow, they bought a ton of BBQ and took it inside for wrapping and pricing. They were in front of me and as they checked out and passed by me to leave, I grabbed one by the coat sleeve and asked..."Didn't you forget the cobbler?"

He stepped aside and pulled out his phone and made a call. A minute later he was buying out the cobblers, leaving only a few. This time as he passed by he thanked me and with a big smile said "George thanks you too!"
Might be I saved that guys job that day?

If you ever make it down this way Jac, lunch at Coopers will be on me!

Regards!
Thank you! I order sausage and country ham from KY, why not order brisket and chops from Texas! Looks great. Good stories, too
11-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #633
NKK
Inactive Account

Yep Jac.....She kept the cobbler and the car on that trip. Being a native Texan, I've eaten a lot of BBQ in Texas and most of it is delicious, but none has ever been as consistently fantastic as at Coopers BBQ in Llano Texas. They have hit the magic formula and never waver.

More photos from their site... https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT8JYmnhUDRgAleRXNyoA;...%27s+bbq+llano

You can order online, they ship nationwide. My recommendation is always the giant chops, but everything is delicious.

Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar?B?Que - It's All About The Meat!

A short (If old Rupert can do short?) story from Coopers in Llano. Not going political.....not doing it !...but although I was never a fan of George Bush or his daddy, I always agreed with both of them that Coopers in Llano had the best BBQ in Texas!
I was with Mrs Rupert at Coppers several years back when three men in black with dark shades cut in line just in front of me. Since it is not all that far from George's ranch in Crawford, I knew who they must be and struck up a conversation...or tried to...they weren't all that friendly. Anyhow, they bought a ton of BBQ and took it inside for wrapping and pricing. They were in front of me and as they checked out and passed by me to leave, I grabbed one by the coat sleeve and asked..."Didn't you forget the cobbler?"

He stepped aside and pulled out his phone and made a call. A minute later he was buying out the cobblers, leaving only a few. This time as he passed by he thanked me and with a big smile said "George thanks you too!"
Might be I saved that guys job that day?

If you ever make it down this way Jac, lunch at Coopers will be on me!

Regards!
All your pics from Coopers looks really really good, that has to be on the "to do" list for a visit to the area.

And great story too
11-28-2014, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #634
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys....you all deserve a slice of my Birthday Cherry Pie, made from scratch by my 88 year old Mom. She makes me two of these every year. I ate all of the other one yesterday...but saved this one to share with my friends! Heat up a slice and top it off with some real vanilla ice cream...it's almost heaven!

Regards!

X20 Toy Camera-Real genuine pie!

11-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #635
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys....you all deserve a slice of my Birthday Cherry Pie, made from scratch by my 88 year old Mom. She makes me two of these every year. I ate all of the other one yesterday...but saved this one to share with my friends! Heat up a slice and top it off with some real vanilla ice cream...it's almost heaven!

Regards!

X20 Toy Camera-Real genuine pie!
Rupert, I just found this thread and am thrilled with the information you gave about Coopers BBQ in Llano. My wife and I try to make it down to the Gulf coast each March to kick off our Spring birding and we typically get to Waco and catch 77 south down to the coast to get to Goose Island State park. Once in awhile we go farther down 35 through Austin but we enjoy taking the less traveled roads. Now however we will be sure to stay on 35 and then detour over to llano and Coopers. We love finding new BBQ places. We don't have that here in northern Wisconsin! ;-) Oh, and your Moms cherry pie looks fabulous! My Mom (89 years old used to make fantastic pies as well.

So if I were to buy a Q7 would that be considered a "toy" camera?

Bob
11-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #636
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
So if I were to buy a Q7 would that be considered a "toy" camera?
Absolutely, although it has a lens system, it is most definitely a Toy Camera! FF guys wouldn't give it a 2nd glance, so it easily qualifies!

For the best trip by a long shot, at Waco go west on Hwy 84 to Hwy 281. 281 is less traveled, a very good hwy and scenic far beyond the ugly Interstate. Stay on 281 South until you get to Burnet, then turn right on Hwy 29 and it will take you to Coopers front door in Llano. You will then be in the midst of the Hill Country and can chart your route on to your final destination. If you have never been to the Hill Country, it might be worth planning an extra day or two there, it is gorgeous. One of the best scenic views is just south of Llano a few miles on the left, called Willow Loop. It is easy to spot the turn off but can be missed if not observant. Takes about 45 minutes to make the loop, and worth every minute of it. The road is good and lightly traveled except in the Spring when the loop is covered in wildflowers...and people coming to view them.

Regards!
11-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #637

fun with mini

11-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #638
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absolutely, although it has a lens system, it is most definitely a Toy Camera! FF guys wouldn't give it a 2nd glance, so it easily qualifies!

For the best trip by a long shot, at Waco go west on Hwy 84 to Hwy 281. 281 is less traveled, a very good hwy and scenic far beyond the ugly Interstate. Stay on 281 South until you get to Burnet, then turn right on Hwy 29 and it will take you to Coopers front door in Llano. You will then be in the midst of the Hill Country and can chart your route on to your final destination. If you have never been to the Hill Country, it might be worth planning an extra day or two there, it is gorgeous. One of the best scenic views is just south of Llano a few miles on the left, called Willow Loop. It is easy to spot the turn off but can be missed if not observant. Takes about 45 minutes to make the loop, and worth every minute of it. The road is good and lightly traveled except in the Spring when the loop is covered in wildflowers...and people coming to view them.

Regards!
Thanks Rupert for the directions. We will certainly go there next time we're heading south for birds. We did do a long stretch on highway 281 once 10 years ago trying to escape the spring break traffic on 35 and ended up in a town called Mineral Springs! Very nice experience! And 281 "is" a nicer road.... ;-)
11-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #639
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regards!
Thanks for the directions! We always take 281 when heading down to San Antone, so we'll have to make a side trip to Llano next time. Great looking pie, too!

To stay on topic - Canon p&s shot:
11-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #640
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hopi Pot

Let's see if I understand what is going on here. Fuji F770EXR. Snap of hopi pot, no editing.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix F770EXR  Photo 
11-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #641
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like your tree shot Paul! That is great framing for the shot!
Here is one of my favorite X10 trees shots, the clouds that day were fiery red...but only for a few brief minutes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Let's see if I understand what is going on here.
I think you have it...simple really...you shoot some shots with a Toy Camera and you post them here! The more the better! You are now welcome to a slice of that delicious pie!

Best Regards!
11-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice sunset! Here's a phone snap, no Fuji today. This is from the Guggenheim, a fantastic exhibit of artists of the group called ZERO, from the 1950s/60s. Great exhibit.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
11-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #643
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like your tree shot Paul! That is great framing for the shot! Here is one of my favorite X10 trees shots, the clouds that day were fiery red...but only for a few brief minutes.
Thanks! You might recognize Grapevine Lake dam in the background, with the road going into Flower Mound...
Very pretty sunset/trees image too!
11-29-2014, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #644
Pentaxian

I haven't shot much in a few weeks due to some physical issues that kept my activity limited but I did get out yesterday with my skis and got my blood pumping again although I got tired pretty quick. I pulled over on the way home and grabbed this shot with the Lumix. Warrensburg, NY along the Schroon River. At least around here, the seasons have changed and the long winter is settling in.

11-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Nice sunset! Here's a phone snap, no Fuji today. This is from the Guggenheim, a fantastic exhibit of artists of the group called ZERO, from the 1950s/60s. Great exhibit.
Looks like an interesting exhibit. Well captured.