Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #661
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Reef, the day I shot this one I was standing near the fence and he started pawing at the ground and lowered his head....I knew it was time to leave, and quickly. That fence means nothing to a Longhorn. They are mostly docile animals and easy going, but there are a couple in this small herd that have very bad attitudes. A little batter, some deep frying and some nice cream gravy can solve that!

X10

Regards!
To quote my father, "a little lead poisoning might not go astray".

12-07-2014, 02:50 AM   #662
NKK
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I'm feeling a little better so today, I headed to the mountain for some skiing. I felt much better today. My legs held up for several top to bottom runs. The weather was nicer today and the snow wasn't blowing around so I got a couple of shots with the Lumix.
Good to hear you are back on the feeds.
Wow, it's some nice views. Really miss skiing It's a great way to spend the days in Winter!
12-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #663
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You guys hungry?
X20

Dessert?

If that gives you some energy...post something!

Regards!
12-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #664
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That kind of food would always make my mouth water, especially that fried okra.

12-09-2014, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #665
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
That kind of food would always make my mouth water, especially that fried okra.
Absolutely! Jac, can you imagine...there are actually people that hate fried okra......that is just unbelievable, isn't it!

In the summer months when my friends are all growing lots of okra, I can make a good meal out of a bowl of fried okra!
X20

Regards!
12-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #666
Veteran Member

Hmm cant say I enjoyed the last time I had lady fingers.... though they weren't fired!

X30 came today! Had a quick look and has to say it feels better in hand, didn't get much of a look at it as it was put right away for Christmas I did have a quick look at the screen and EVF but as it has just come in from a cold van it started to fog up so wasn't giving much away!

Cheers, Steve
12-09-2014, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #667
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
X30 came today!
Lucky you - looking forward to seeing what you can do with it

A couple neighborhood walk shots with a Canon p&s:

This is a shot of a float my neighbor was building for the Christmas parade last week. It carried cheerleaders from a local high school:

12-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #668
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Lucky you - looking forward to seeing what you can do with it

Look forward to having a play, I forgot it came with a snazzy X30 full leather case! Make it that bit more value to money!

Great photos, we didn't really get autumn colours here, went straight from a Indian summer to wet winter, leaves didn't get a chance to turn brown before falling to the floor!

Cheers, Steve
12-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #669
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Paul...you do a really good job with that Canon P&S! Seems the leaves here just turned and fell off overnight, they didn't linger around over a day or two. There are billions of them...and I think most of them on earth landed in my yard!
Look forward to having a play, I forgot it came with a snazzy X30 full leather case! Make it that bit more value to money!
Skank.....I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the X30. In your hands it should be amazing! Mr Bassie has done some fine shooting with his, but for some reason he has slowed down and I regret that it was necessary to reprimand him here on the Toy Camera thread. I feel bad about it, but it had to be done. You sure don't want to have that happen to you, so be sure you are a regular here with the X30!

BTW- Fried okra is heavenly! There is as much difference between fried okra and boiled okra as there is between a great Chicken Fried Steak and a piece of boiled beefsteak. Try some friend okra, it is truly delicious!

Regards!
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #670
Veteran Member

Must have been boiled okra, horrible slimy thing it t'was.

Christmas cant come soon enough! My other Toy camera should be delivered to work this week as well!

Cheers, Steve
12-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #671
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gotta post something, a phone pic that I like but is, well, something...

---------- Post added 12-09-14 at 08:51 PM ----------

Must have been boiled okra, horrible slimy thing it t'was.

Christmas cant come soon enough! My other Toy camera should be delivered to work this week as well!

Cheers, Steve
Slimy is good too!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
12-09-2014, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #672
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Slimy is good too!
Yes, it is indeed, but not to everyone Jac....just us select few! What would Gumbo be without okra? Like Jazz without any brass!

Regards!
12-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #673
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Shot this on the way back home from the dentist today.....just noticed it was the last of the Fall foliage left in the area. I think these are Sycamore trees? There is an area here that is thick with them.
X20

You guys get busy! I have caught Mr Bassie over in the D750 thread, I guess my reprimand of him here was a little too rough and he decided to abandon us and go with the "Big Boys"? That is unfortunate, he was doing so well here.....those guys play really rough over there, so I am betting he will be back with us in no time!

Regards!
12-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #674
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fall??? It's winter!
Here's one from warmer days, the roof and Strobics! X10...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
12-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #675
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
...I wouldn't get to close to that thing Paul.......it looks like it could grab you an suck you into that mouth on top.

Lake Granbury is almost dry in many spots.....this used to be acres of water, just dirt now.

Never seen Grapevine so low.....I remember when it was a new lake, and full to the brim.

Regards!
That would be a great place to go fossil hunting now, or metal detecting....