Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
01-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #811
Veteran Member

Lovely Rupert, even for quick shots they are great. I never seem to be able to capture the person with a portrait.

Best I could muster was the one of my grandmother, though I'm sure she would hate it!

It's probably a confidence thing.

Cheers , Steve

01-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #812
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I saw that before Skank. It is an excellent shot, and you should be proud of it! You do plenty good at shooting people, do more of it!

Regards!
01-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #813
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Love the posts here, now for a little Harlem Jazz. X10, set on something at the station as I waited a long time for the train home. EXR, a little grainy and smudged, but that goes with the good, too.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
01-28-2015, 07:37 PM - 2 Likes   #814
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great shot Jac, and the Fuji colors are perfect! If you do get an X30, keep the X10 too....or you will miss the EXR. The X30 has that wonderful Classic Chrome, but no EXR, and EXR is wonderful!

Here is a shot from the X10 I took a few years ago of the owners at a Convenience Store...it was a quick snap EXR.

They liked it so well they wanted an 8x12 so I did a little processing and printed it for them. Not too bad for a Toy Camera!

Regards!

01-29-2015, 04:21 AM   #815
Veteran Member

Very nice one Rupert, I can see why they wanted a print of it!

Recent one of my visit to Cape Town and surrounds, this one in an Ice Cream shop near the Strand beach... (Canon G7X)

Last edited by altopiet; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
01-29-2015, 04:26 AM   #816
Veteran Member

Yesterday I picked up my K-5iis with AAbattery grip, and took some shots at a local schools athletics meet....I got so used to the light weight of my toy camera, couldn't believe the difference, today I can feel the 2 hours I carried it, in the forearms and shoulders...
01-29-2015, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #817
Veteran Member

A panorama of a golf course I visited near Stellenbosch, not far from Cape Town....major wine producing region...

Last edited by altopiet; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
01-29-2015, 06:20 AM   #818
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
.I got so used to the light weight of my toy camera, couldn't believe the difference, today I can feel the 2 hours I carried it, in the forearms and shoulders...
Nice shots Christo! Yes, you do get used to the light weight and ease of use of a Toy Camera. For most practical purposes, the Toy Cameras are a better choice. Toy Camera shooters are generally more interested in shooting memories than masterpieces, and in that regard they rise above a big heavy DSLR. They also are less prone to "spook" your subject if it is a human.

Regards!
01-29-2015, 07:33 PM - 1 Like   #819
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Construction still life, Let's do this! iPhone 5c, always have that available.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
01-30-2015, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #820
Veteran Member

toyphone
01-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #821
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Let's do this!
Jac...Let's don't! That shot reminds me of the day my 4 man crew mixed and poured a footing for my cedar fence.....we did 100 bags of Sackrete in one day, and mixed them all in a wheelbarrow.

AldaCZ...That's a really nice shot!

Regards!

Keep those Toy Camera shots coming....we are nowhere close to running out of space here!
01-30-2015, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #822
Veteran Member

Great shots, the phone shots are good, My phone is pants I got sucked in by the "Mega Pixel" hype, it is pretty useless!

Here is a Panoramic from me.

01-30-2015, 07:36 AM   #823
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Great shots, the phone shots are good, My phone is pants I got sucked in by the "Mega Pixel" hype, it is pretty useless!

Here is a Panoramic from me.

Very nice, what is the shadow on the right, a light tower behind you?

I use my Lumia 920 quite a lot, Nokia mobiles have always had nice cameras, my gripe is just that it takes ages for the camera app to load and before it's ready to take a photo, and as far as I know most of them are the same. As a result, I've missed quite a few moments, and that is why I actually decided to invest in a decent compact, although it seems to go against the grain these days
01-30-2015, 08:28 AM   #824
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Very nice, what is the shadow on the right, a light tower behind you?

I use my Lumia 920 quite a lot, Nokia mobiles have always had nice cameras, my gripe is just that it takes ages for the camera app to load and before it's ready to take a photo, and as far as I know most of them are the same. As a result, I've missed quite a few moments, and that is why I actually decided to invest in a decent compact, although it seems to go against the grain these days
Me

Cheers, Steve
01-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #825
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Me

Cheers, Steve
gesigklap Duh.... Here I'm thinking..."another lighthouse behind him"...well after a 12 hour day at work I'll probably be excused