Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #886
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
I'm sorry..but I had to it's still a toy camera . Rupert
Well, you are posting at your own risk...if those FF guys come after you, you can't say I didn't warn you!

Paul....Those are more fine shots of San Antone...isn't it a wonderful city to visit! Did you ever make it down to the Old Marketplace? Mi Tiara is my favorite place to eat when downtown San Antone! Open 24 hours a day and the place is full even in the early morning hours! The food is fantastic and the prices are cheap.......
Mi Tierra Restaurant & Bakery

Otis asked me to go out and check on the cows and grass situation this afternoon.....he wanted to know if the fields were green and the cows were fat? He makes his announcement on Saturday regarding his end of winter declaration and wanted all the information he could gather....
X10

We'll have to wait for his official announcement, but it is looking like a "Go" to me!

Regards!

02-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #887
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the greens !
02-12-2015, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #888
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
I really like the greens !
They look too green, but honestly, they are really that green! Must be some sort of winter grass, but whatever it is.....the cows love it!

Tomorrow I deliver chocolates to all my Chocolate Girlfriends.(10 of them across town) This is a part of their Valentines chocolates....the rest will come from the bakery tomorrow...chocolate filled heart shaped doughnuts with red icing.

X20

Their Valentines partner may forget them, but old Rupert won't! Don't forget your Valentine...or old Rupert may just steal them away!

Regards!
02-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #889
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
They look too green, but honestly, they are really that green! Must be some sort of winter grass, but whatever it is.....the cows love it!

Tomorrow I deliver chocolates to all my Chocolate Girlfriends.(10 of them across town) This is a part of their Valentines chocolates....the rest will come from the bakery tomorrow...chocolate filled heart shaped doughnuts with red icing.

X20

Their Valentines partner may forget them, but old Rupert won't! Don't forget your Valentine...or old Rupert may just steal them away!

Regards!
Just don't take the Mrs' car when you deliver the chocolate to your lady friends...

02-12-2015, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #890
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Just don't take the Mrs' car when you deliver the chocolate to your lady friends...
Jac...Mrs Rupert doesn't mind at all...she is hoping every year that one of them will keep me!

Regards & Happy Valentines to all the Toy Camera shooters here!
02-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #891
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Picked up my order at the bakery yesterday...CJ made me a dozen fancy pastries for my other girlfriends and they were gorgeous red velvet cupcakes with wonderful icing......she even helped me load them into my Jeep....CJ is special!

X20

Along with the bags of chocolate goodies, I made all the deliveries, got a ton of hugs and lots of lipstick stains on my face, saw a lot of smiling faces and enjoyed the beautiful sunny 75F weather!
The largest bag of chocolate goodies went to CJ ...she worked hard to create those special red velvet cupcakes!

Afterwards I stopped to see the cows relaxing in the bright sunshine and warmth of the gorgeous day!

X20 -The OVF is really handy in the bright light...the LCD was just a black screen, no way to use it in this kind of sunshine!

They all had the same idea!

Happy Valentines to all my Toy Camera friends here, hope your day is wonderful!

Rupert
02-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #892
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, did you make all your deliveries in time for Valentines Day? I enjoyed the "donut lady" & Longhorn shots. When I first moved here about 20 yrs ago, there was a pasture full of Longhorns right across the street from my apartment. They were very docile & folks use to pull over to pet & talk to them. Today, that pasture is an employee parking lot for a big hotel (Gaylord Texan) down the road.

77F for a high today Tino wishes everyone a happy Valentines! (Canon SD1100)

02-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #893
Veteran Member

Lovely stuff, could have done with some of those sweet treats today to get me through looking after the kids on my own.... We went for a walk up the back of Connor Downs but didn't see much to catch my eye, lovely sky though!

Cheers, Steve
02-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #894
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like that shot of Tino Paul....nice sun rays! Yours too Skank, some menacing looking skies there!

Yes, I got everything delivered to my Chocolate Girlfriends yesterday afternoon. It was a really fine day all around!

For my Valentines Day....I let Mrs Rupert mow the grass for me....I'm just that kind of guy!

Regards!
02-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #895
Pentaxian

I thought perhaps my Hipstamatic app on the iPhone 5S might count as a toy camera. It sure looks like one, really! And I kinda like the output

---------- Post added 02-15-15 at 12:20 AM ----------

Whoah.... maybe I should have edited those down a bit :-/

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-09-2016 at 08:25 AM.
02-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #896
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I thought perhaps my Hipstamatic app on the iPhone 5S might count as a toy camera.
Sure it counts! It's not a "real" camera so it must be a Toy Camera! "Real" cameras are always FF, weigh 50 pounds and are always accompanied by another 50 pounds of lenses and other necessary gear.

"Real" camera shooters see our shots and don't recognize them as "real".....they think we got them with an Etch-A-Sketch...but we know better!

Regards....I liked your shots, in particular the first one!
02-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #897
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Sure it counts! It's not a "real" camera so it must be a Toy Camera! "Real" cameras are always FF, weigh 50 pounds and are always accompanied by another 50 pounds of lenses and other necessary gear.

"Real" camera shooters see our shots and don't recognize them as "real".....they think we got them with an Etch-A-Sketch...but we know better!

Regards....I liked your shots, in particular the first one!
Ahhhh Rupert, Now I get it... Not full frame, not real. ergo, toy. Oh well then I have dozens of toys

And thanks for your kind remarks
02-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #898
Veteran Member

That's the essence of a toy camera !
02-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #899
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mr Bassie.....Wonderful genuine Toy Camera shots! I know everyone else appreciates those much as I do!

We've been looking for you...last week Otis sent out a dozen "Search Squirrels" to see if he could locate you and get you back to posting here......I guess he succeeded?

I think I can safely speak for everyone in saying that we would like to see more of you and your fine Toy Camera shots. Try to be more regular here......Otis bills me for those "Squirrel Searches" and he is pretty expensive.

I leave with this thought.....Trivial Shooting. We do it with Toy Cameras all the time, it's fun and it's easy. We aren't going to frame or print those trivial shots, we aren't going to post them in the Photo Forum, we just shoot them for fun and maybe the memories. We can post them here, we can enjoy them here!

I came in from the grocery store one day last week and a tiny speck on the wall near the front door caught my attention. I had groceries in one hand and the X20 in the other. Pulled off the lens cover and switched on the Macro mode. Yep, it was a teeny-tiny black spider that would fit on a pencil eraser head. What's the point of shooting him? None.....but when you have a Toy Camera in hand, you shoot what is there! You don't go get a tripod for your Big Bulky DSLR, look around for your best macro lens, adjust your settings and position your camera just right......only to discover that he left during your preparation.....you just snap away and get the shot!
Toy Cameras! Aren't they wonderful!

Unfortunately, he lingered too long and when Mrs Rupert came in from work he was sent to spider heaven. At least I have an obituary photo for his family!
Regards!
02-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #900
Pentaxian

OH! Nice shots from the X30. I have not seen any yet, looking very good.