Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #901
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
That you playing some sort of guitar, Mr Bassie? Those are some seriously good X30 shots. Love those doggie shots!

I don't think your X30s are necessarily better than my X20....same processor and sensor...but I think you and Skank are a lot better shooters than me, which results in better images. I need to work on my shooting style and concentrate more on my settings and thinking of what I am doing. Sounds good...but being lazy as I am, it may not happen anytime soon.

Regards...Post more! We are nowhere near out of space!

02-15-2015, 02:42 PM   #902
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
OH! Nice shots from the X30. I have not seen any yet, looking very good.
Take a look back a few pages of this thread for some more examples of X30 greatness, kyteflyer

A couple more from my San Antonio collection. I rediscovered these old photos from 2009, and I'm applying my slightly-better-than-before pp skills to them. Lumix TZ1:

02-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #903
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice ones Paul! Isn't San Antone a great place to roam! The Air Bases are also full of history and great shooting spots for Toy Cameras.

Here is the oldest Air Force hangar in existence....

Hangar 9, Brooks Air Force Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So much to see and do in San Antone...and that food....that wonderful food in San Antone!

Regards!
02-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #904
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
X30 seems to as good as K30

02-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #905
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice ones Paul! Isn't San Antone a great place to roam! The Air Bases are also full of history and great shooting spots for Toy Cameras.

Here is the oldest Air Force hangar in existence....

Hangar 9, Brooks Air Force Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So much to see and do in San Antone...and that food....that wonderful food in San Antone!

Regards!
Nice Hanger! May be the oldest Hanger but not the oldest Independent Air Force that goes to use Crabs in the Royal Air Force. Most of our old stuff got flattered by the Luftwaffe

Cheers, Steve
02-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #906
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mrs Rupert went to her Valentine Party for her Deaf Class last night and took the X10.....she wasn't happy with the results, but she never is. You can't just turn on the camera and shoot, never looking at any settings and expect great results....even on a Toy Camera!
I didn't go....down with some sort of "crud" that has me hacking and feverish....I might not have done much better anyhow!

Mrs Rupert ...on the right.

Good for memories...I guess?

Or...as she gets older, she can honestly say she looks back on the party and ....it was all a blur!

Regards!
02-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #907
Veteran Member

Poor thing didn't do bad for ISO400, I think she would need a OMD EM1/5 with it's 5 axis stabilisation at those speeds!

Cheers, Steve

02-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #908
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Take a look back a few pages of this thread for some more examples of X30 greatness, kyteflyer
LOL thanks, Paul. I come to the thread so infrequently, many pages have passed, so I often don't look beyond the last couple. I'll trawl later
02-16-2015, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #909
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Poor thing didn't do bad for ISO400, I think she would need a OMD EM1/5 with it's 5 axis stabilisation at those speeds!
Mrs Rupert has no patience for cameras or computers. They are supposed to automatically do what she wants or else they are just "junk". It drives me crazy(ier).

She viewed those shots and declared she "Did her job"...she pushed the button, and the camera failed to do its job.
No use arguing with her, it is pointless.

Regards!
02-17-2015, 01:56 AM   #910
Veteran Member

Perhaps a lytro might be the job? You can pull a completely out of focus image back onto focus in the software. Though it won't help if the shutter speed is too slow.....

Cheers, Steve
02-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #911
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank....If I hired a professional photographer to go with her and shoot her events she would still complain.......it just isn't a repairable problem.

Same with her computers.....no matter what she wants them to do, they never seem to get it just right. Same with the evening meals I prepare...too hot...too cold...too spicy...not spicy enough.....too much...too little.....

It could be very irritating, but I find it all hilarious! Of course, I would never tell her that...and you don't either!

Regards!
02-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #912
Veteran Member

Sounds very much like my wife....

Cheers, Steve
02-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #913
Veteran Member

Last edited by AldaCZ; 02-17-2015 at 04:04 PM.
02-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #914
Veteran Member

Original Poster
AldaCZ...Love the rich blues in that shot! Phones can put out some nice stuff...in the right hands, and apparently yours are!

Regards!
02-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #915
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Went to visit my old friend in the nursing home today......what a sad and depressing place.......

Shot this Longhorn on the way home. The grass really is that green.

X20

Old Charlie.....not much life left in him, but his mind is still good....that may not be a blessing? Most of the people in there could easily get movie parts in the "Living Dead"...it is so sad, I can barely handle it.

Regards!