Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2015, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #946
Veteran Member

Popped into London today for a wonder with the X30, and Olympus XA...

Some protest about something happening in Mexico?

03-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #947
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Skank....I always love your B/W photos and these are no exception. Very excellent work. The X30 is in good hands with you!

Regards!
Our PF Moderator (Jim-Parallax) and his wife came down to Texas from So Dakota for a visit and we all went out to eat last night. I took a few X20 shots....damn it, I need to practice more!
Anyhow we had a great time, and will meet up again this afternoon for some more conversation and a meal together!

Jim- X20

Skank....Here is a conversion I did in DXO FIlmPak3........not too bad?

Jim with his wife at Starbucks

Mrs Rupert and Jim's wife Donna...they hit it off so well together!

The X20 is plenty good at this sort of shooting.......but I'm not so good....I need to improve...maybe tonight I'll do better?

Regards!
03-04-2015, 08:43 AM   #948
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great images once again skank - and very cool to see one of our fearless PF moderators & his wife
Here's one for you Rupert - it should bring back warm & fuzzy memories of our recent lovely weather. This is my neighbors house & iced-over yard, taken from inside my car with an iPhone:
03-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #949
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Paul....let's hope all that nasty ugly weather is gone for good! Bring on the Texas heat and sunshine, I'm ready for it!

Regards!

03-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #950
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A few from a good pal and long time buddy...that can't post here due to being banned here years ago for vile and reckless posting, insubordination, assassination of the Pentax K5 when it first came out, and slinging verbal filth at the Mods. Still...he's a good guy, a superb shooter...and my friend. Of course, I do have his OK to post his shots!

These are from his Toy Camera G10, and they are superb! He is another one that can make a Toy Camera shine!

My favorite...an awesome shot!

He even managed a great Toy Camera bird shot!

Take a look at his gallery....wonderful shots galore! His unique processing is fantastic.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tarheel1313/with/16708762142/

We could most likely get him back on PF....but being who he is, he'd probably soon do it all over again!

Regards!
03-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #951
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A Longhorn photobombed my shot today! He stuck his head in the shot at the last second!

X20 2XDZoom

Regards!
03-06-2015, 04:26 AM   #952
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A Longhorn photobombed my shot today! He stuck his head in the shot at the last second!

X20 2XDZoom

Regards!
He even has that smirk on his face (eyes closed) laughing to himself.....

03-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #953
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
He even has that smirk on his face (eyes closed) laughing to himself.....
Yep, he knew what he was doing and seemed to be pleased with himself. He won't always be so cocky...not when he's covered in gravy!

X10

Regards!
03-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #954
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Where are you guys? Don't you love your Toy Cameras anymore?

How about a few of my Chocolate Girlfriends....it's getting closer to Easter and time for little bunny rabbits!

X20 Flash...I hate flash, but sometimes you need it!

Smiling faces...they'll be bigger smiles when Easter rolls around and they get those big solid chocolate rabbits and a basket full of chocolate eggs!

Regards!
03-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #955
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An iphone shot from the streets of Dallas, with a tiny bit of processing:
03-09-2015, 05:41 AM   #956
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice shot Paul.....however, if you want fun and a safer more vibrant visit...visit downtown Ft Worth and go to Sundance Square for a feel of what a real downtown is like! It's a busy place night or day, safe, and lots to see and do!

Regards!
03-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #957
Pentaxian

I showed my toy Lumix some love today. Just some snapshots at dinner tonight at the Planet Hollywood.

Last edited by reeftool; 12-29-2016 at 04:45 PM.
03-09-2015, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #958
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I showed my toy Lumix some love today. ...
Well done. I did much the same thing (no Planet Hollywood round here)... Had to be out and about, it was because Apple has finally decided to include the TZ60 in its RAW supported camera list and I was able to *do* something with it.

03-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #959
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice shot Paul.....however, if you want fun and a safer more vibrant visit...visit downtown Ft Worth and go to Sundance Square for a feel of what a real downtown is like! It's a busy place night or day, safe, and lots to see and do!

Regards!
Oh, I'm in 100% agreement there, and I usually avoid downtown Dallas like the plague. But we had some business to attend to there on that day - and it ended up being a pretty nice outing! You might remember that warm 80F day in January? That's when we went down there. Visited the usual stuff, Kennedy Memorial, Old Red Courthouse, Dealey Plaza, etc - and had lunch at Chipotle's in the West End. We heard they were offering free admission to the DMA (Dallas Museum of Art), so we hiked to the Arts District after lunch. Was really great and I got quite a few nice shots along the way. No, it's no San Antone, or even Ft Worth, but it was nice enough & we actually plan on getting back down there again soon.
03-10-2015, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #960
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sounds like a very nice day Paul, and interesting too. Dallas does have its spots! However, the last time we were there the panhandlers were thicker than mosquitoes in May and drove us crazy. Not in Ft Worth, they shut down panhandlers before they can stick their hands out!

A few X10 shots from Ft Worth...

For a fun day...ride the Trinity Express from Ft Worth to Dallas and back. Neat ride!

Regards!