Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2015, 04:35 AM   #976
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
There are some issues such as the poor viewfinder and the very bad auto exposure performance outdoors on bright sunny days. It overexposes a lot, forcing you to make manual adjustments which kind of defeats the purpose of having a pocket-able camera for those quick shots. The viewfinder works but that's the best I can say. In all honesty, I get better and more reliable results from my iPhone 5s for any outdoor shots. The LF1 is excellent indoors and in low light. The lens is very good and the IQ is excellent if the camera meters it right.

It's a decent camera but could use some improving. The price wasn't bad but I really feel sorry for anyone who laid out the $699 for the Leica C which is the same camera with a red dot.The Lumix version is discontinued although old stock is still available. The Leica C is still around.
I would certainly agree that the LF1 viewfinder is poor, but *having one* is a real boon sometimes. Your copy may have meter issues - mine is OK in daylight (apart from the typical "cold" WB issues that I find Panasonic has). The IQ is excellent, and the video really quite good. I just find it not to be the one that I reach for when going out.

Caveat and shameless plug. Mine is for sale if interested.

Otherwise, here are some pictures! (India for work, you may have seen one or two before)

P1000079.jpg
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

P1000117.jpg
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Precarious
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Colour and motion
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

All india permit
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

P1000272.jpg
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Last edited by Clarkey; 03-18-2015 at 04:39 AM. Reason: One more...
03-18-2015, 06:24 AM   #977
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series, Clarkey!

Rupert, a fine shot of your chocolate shot girls. The IQ of your X20 shots always amazes me.
03-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #978
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks Reef....you guys are posting some nice stuff here...appreciated by all us Toy Camera shooters!

I love the OVF on the X20, it is an absolute must in the bright Texas sunlight. I also like the fact that it overlays your shooting information on the view too...so you can change settings without moving your eye from the viewfinder. Pretty neat little cameras......I hear the X30 EVF is also very good...not sure how it would do in very bright light or very dim light?

Regards!
03-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #979
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good stuff here as usual!

Here's a few snaps from yesterday. Just another dogwalk with Jeannie, using a Canon SD1100 IS. It's old & cheap, but...it has an OVF, which made most of these shots possible! (bright Texas sun, etc) A bit of PP applied here & there:

03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #980
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice and very crisp and clean shots Paul! That's a nice area, and aren't those blooms a welcome sight! Your doggie really gets around! That's great, I love to see a doggie able to get out and about! Many people don't understand how bright it is here in Texas...an OVF is not just handy, it is a necessity!

Dinner tonight...X20
It was delicious!

Regards!
03-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #981
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice and very crisp and clean shots Paul! That's a nice area, and aren't those blooms a welcome sight! Your doggie really gets around! That's great, I love to see a doggie able to get out and about! Many people don't understand how bright it is here in Texas...an OVF is not just handy, it is a necessity!

Dinner tonight...X20
It was delicious!

Regards!
Dinner does look good! An OVF really is a necessity where we live. When I have to use my phone cam, I'm usually just pointing & praying ! Yes, Jeannie does love to get out, especially on a gorgeous day. I've always said that she's really a Labrador, trapped in a lap dog's body
03-19-2015, 04:22 AM   #982
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Paul, animals do get confused......Your doggie thinks she is a Lab, my son's pig thinks she is a dog...
X20

...and my raccoon thinks he is a kitty cat!

Regards!

03-19-2015, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #983
Veteran Member

Nice set of pets

When you wake up earlier

Exploring

Over exposed = BW

03-19-2015, 06:27 AM - 4 Likes   #984
Pentaxian

FZ100. This bossyboots wanted me to fill the tray I have out for them for their morning bath. It was hilarious, he just stared me down... so I did what I was told.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-09-2016 at 08:25 AM.
03-19-2015, 06:41 AM   #985
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
FZ100. This bossyboots wanted me to fill the tray I have out for them for their morning bath. It was hilarious, he just stared me down... so I did what I was told.
It's a nice birders camera.
03-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #986
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Attached Images
Kyteflyer....Nice catch of a rare bird.......A pig faced wren...I recognized it instantly! He favors my son's pig.

Regards!
03-20-2015, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #987
Veteran Member

I have to confess...I shoot RAW on a toy camera - It's addictive

03-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #988
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
I have to confess...I shoot RAW on a toy camera - It's addictiv
Paid off there! That's a really nice shot!

Regards!
03-21-2015, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #989
Veteran Member

Ditch your P&S cameras...I got an another explore from a phone..
03-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #990
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
Ditch your P&S cameras...I got an another explore from a phone..
Congrats - that's a nice one! Maybe one day I can ditch my p&s...when phones come with an optical zoom and an OVF. Actually I've seen prototypes featuring optical zooms already. Not sure if they could/would bother with an OVF on a phone these days, but the bright sun where I live makes it a necessity!