Amen...G12 has got explore.. It looks even digital cameras are like the wine

04-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #1037
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
Amen...G12 has got explore.. It looks even digital cameras are like the wine
Love the blues in that one...fine shot, so serene!

Paul, Reef....Love the flowers! Nice shooting too! We have a ton of flowers this year with all the rain.

Paul.....Our lake is full! Unbelievable! I need to get some shots before the gas drillers suck it dry again.

Regards!
05-01-2015, 06:42 AM   #1038
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Paul.....Our lake is full! Unbelievable! I need to get some shots before the gas drillers suck it dry again.
That's great news! Yes, get some shots while you can. Lake Grapevine is back up & the boat ramps have been finally reopened. It's not completely full, but the Spring rains have definitely helped. This is one section of the lake that's been dry for the past few years, but doing better lately:
05-01-2015, 08:20 AM   #1039
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
skankin_giant: I know the feel..I like the colour

Great to see the thread running
It's a real fun. I have been clicking the whole day( It's P&S ) and selected the best

Canon G12 the slow magnesium brick

What an absolute stunner (the first one, that is... why does the pic disappear on the quote??). I've been back 3 times to look at this!

05-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #1040
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
why does the pic disappear on the quote??)
Squirrels ate it while it was loading......they are an epidemic here at PForums, sort of like the plague.

See that little sh(t eating grin......Otis slipped this one in here and it isn't even from a Toy Camera. Squirrels have no regard for rules or protocol, only for robbing , stealing, eating and causing chaos wherever they can.

I keep asking for someone to do something about the squirrels here, but all I see is ....more squirrels? They must have connections here at PForums?

Regards!
05-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #1041
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
But Otis is such a photogenic little guy!
05-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #1042
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Our lake is full again, after heavy rains and more on the way. Next comes flooding.
Paul...How is Grapevine lake looking?

X20
How it looked for the past few years...

How it looked today after a couple of weeks of heavy rains.

I can see water ahead!

Same dock....

Same view as before the rains...

Two weeks ago you couldn't see any water here for a 1/4 mile!

We need the rain, the drought has been tough on everything.

Regards!

05-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #1043
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking pretty good Rupert! Grapevine is supposed to be up about 4-5 ft they say. Here's a section of McPherson Slough that was completely dry the past couple years. This was taken in early April and is probably higher now. I have some new shots I'll post later...
05-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #1044
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Raining here this morning Paul.....if it keeps up as predicted the next 10 days, we will see flooding for sure. It's boom or bust, isn't it!

Those areas like in your shot will make great spawning areas for Crappie. Years ago Grapevine was a great place for Crappie fishing, we used to catch our limit on every trip.

Regards!
05-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #1045
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Gonna have babyspiders soon! Wolf Spiders.....the mama is a resident of my shop, and it will be the 3rd set she has hatched in there!

I'm so excited!
X20

That's a giant egg sack...there must be a billion little ones inside! D

These are big ol' friendly spiders!
Wolf spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards!
05-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #1046
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mr Bassie, I love spiders. Jumpers are my favorites but Wolfs are a close second. Here is a shot from one of her earlier deliveries. I had to move her once and every little baby scattered far and wide.When I put her back down in a different spot they all came running back to her and got back in place. Amazing creatures!

They can bite but she is so used to me that I can easily handle her if needed. They consume a lot of bugs and keep my shop bug free. Spiders are so misunderstood, it is a shame.

Some can be deadly...like this one I found in my shop. Fortunately, Wolf spiders love to dine on them!

Regards!
05-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #1047
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You guys are creeping me out with all these photos of spiders. When I find one in the house I don't wait to see if it's friemdly or not...off comes the shoe and. ....whack goes the spider!
05-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #1048
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
When I find one in the house I don't wait to see if it's friemdly or not...off comes the shoe and. ....whack goes the spider!
You are a murderer like Mrs Rupert.....she once tried to kill my shop Wolf Spider and all her babies with a broom. I caught her just in time. I have tons of options.....Squirrel Heaven, Dog Heaven. Cat Heaven, Raccoon Heaven, Possum Heaven, Spider Heaven, even Snake Heaven. You guys are so limited!

Regards!
05-13-2015, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #1049
Veteran Member

The spiders are making my skin crawl, quite glad we hardly have anything poisonous on our Island....great photos but not for me, would run a mile..... we only have little spiders...

Went the Eden Project again today, rude not to with free entry for the year. Like a Donkey I forgot my memory card, lucky the X30 has internal memory and the small JPEG are just big enough for internet sharing.

Who knew John Lennon became a painter....

Enough from me!

Cheers, Steve
05-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #1050
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank...that is a fine and handsome little spider, I'd be proud to have him around here! As usual, you really can make that X30 shine, those are some really well shot photos...love your B/W shots, they are always so good!

Rain here and more rain coming.....everything is flooding. I went to the grocery store today and many of the streets were almost knee deep in water. My Jeep does fine, but if I had gone in the TT I would have drowned!

X20

The City Park is now a lake!

All the local stock ponds are full...some were dry for years, as you can see...trees grew in them in the meanwhile.

More rain is coming for the next week...at least.......I'm high and dry at my place...and Otis' penthouse is high in a mighty Oak...so we will survive!

Regards!