Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #1066
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'll see if I can't get some shots of some of Otis's little furry friends for you...
Otis would certainly appreciate that Mag!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I didn't even see the high-flying jet until I viewed it on the pc:
That is a really neat shot Paul! Love it! You did GOOD!

Regards!

05-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #1067
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Shot a squirrel with the X20 today using the 2X digital zoom setting. Looks like a watercolor, but I kind of like it. Otis was outraged that a squirrel was shot with a "damn Toy Camera".

Regards!

05-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #1068
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It was dark out there...very dark. I had a little light behind me from my shop windows so I could see enough not to step off the deck.
I think that with some practice, I could get some decent night shots of these critters with the X20, trying various settings. He will let me get right up close, so that is not a problem. Maybe I will work on it?

I might try some Raw shooting and see how that works? Who knows...I might end up getting a Toy Camera shot in Nat Geo?

Regards!
05-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #1069
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Loving the raccoons, Rupert! And Otis, of course. Please don't tell him I mentioned the raccoons first!

05-24-2015, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #1070
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Loving the raccoons, Rupert! And Otis, of course. Please don't tell him I mentioned the raccoons first!
He read it...but I told him it was a typo error and not what you meant to say!

When I get a little time I am going to try some more raccoon night shooting and see if I can do better.

I used to do pretty fair at night with the X10.

Most of these near the bottom are X10/X20 shots.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35763648@N05/sets/72157626301747051

Regards & Thanks!
05-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #1071
Pentaxian

oh, a clean little guy eh, washing his hands. How cute
05-25-2015, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #1072
Veteran Member

A little more work from the miniscule Sony WX350.

I also used it pretty extensively over Memorial Day weekend with the family. Looking forward to checking out those shots. They might all be Facebook fodder, but that's OK with me.

I'm digging the Toy Camera groove. Very low pressure. ;-) Gives me a good strong "que sera, sera" sentiment, which I like.

05-25-2015, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #1073
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I'm digging the Toy Camera groove. Very low pressure. ;-) Gives me a good strong "que sera, sera" sentiment, which I like.
Love the lizard shot!

Here's a few recent snaps with the old Canon Powershot - yes, we've gotten way too much rain here!

05-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #1074
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love the lizard shot!

Here's a few recent snaps with the old Canon Powershot - yes, we've gotten way too much rain here!

Stay safe down there - looks like you've had the last four years of rain in a few weeks.
05-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #1075
Veteran Member

Original Poster
severalsnakes ---I'm going to call you Snakelady...it's easier to type..if you don't mind...and if you do, I'll probably do it anyhow!

Those are some nice clear shots with good color, it does look like you got a dandy fine Toy Camera! I love the lizard shot a lot too! Keep them coming, we have tons of room here in this thread!

Paul Some good documentary shooting with your Toy Camera, aren't they great for that purpose too! I've seen Grapevine lake full many times, but never like that! We got more rain today....our lake is absolutely full and the flood gates are wide open.....it could get very bad here if this keeps up.

Nothing here but the dinner Mrs Rupert prepared tonight.....I do all the cooking but on rare occasions she will cook for me.
One of my favorites...Salmon patties! Delicious!

X20

Regards!
05-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #1076
Veteran Member

Nice colors. It looks delicious
05-26-2015, 05:33 AM   #1077
Pentaxian

I haven't done much shooting in the past few weeks but I couldn't let this bumble bee in my lilacs go by. The toy Lumix is very handy for such occasions.

05-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #1078
Pentaxian

Love the lizard shot!

You take care, Paul. We even had video of some of the flooding on our news over here. Looks awful.
05-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #1079
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
You take care, Paul. We even had video of some of the flooding on our news over here. Looks awful.
Thanks, we will. But it's hard to resist the photo-ops the flooding brings. This was taken a few hours ago, about 1/2 mile from our home. This area is part of a softball complex - I took this photo from the parking lot! More t-storms on tap for tonight again, btw . (Canon SD1100 IS)
05-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #1080
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, we will. But it's hard to resist the photo-ops the flooding brings. This was taken a few hours ago, about 1/2 mile from our home. This area is part of a softball complex - I took this photo from the parking lot! More t-storms on tap for tonight again, btw . (Canon SD1100 IS)
Paul, we had quite a storm last nigh and it was headed your direction, so I guess you got even more rain around midnight? It sure is getting serious all around, things are saturated and it ain't over yet.
I do see the bright sunshine this morning...looks great! Will it last the day ?

Regards!