Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #1111
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice - do you have a picture of the camera?
It's a Canon. G12

07-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #1112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
It's a Canon. G12
Oh, for some reason I was thinking shoebox = pinhole camera

RobA_Oz - great-looking shot with the X30!
07-10-2015, 06:50 AM   #1113
Veteran Member

Oh, for some reason I was thinking shoebox = pinhole camera

Haha: D I wasn't that literal

It's two photographs stitched by MS ICE
07-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #1114
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
My little X30 has arrived, so a quick tour on the Hobart waterfront yesterday produced some nice shots, including this one:
That is indeed a really nice shot. I think you are going ot be thrilled by the X30 as others seem to have been...and are. I do hope you will post plenty of shots here in this thread.

I like ALL the Toy Cameras, and always enjoy everything posted. I haven't been as active lately due to a variety of reasons, but my Toy Cameras are still close to my heart...and I hope closer to those raccoons.....maybe tonight?

Regards!

07-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #1115
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I did get a raccoon shot tonight with the X20...Could have shot a dozen or more but the mosquitoes were so thick I gave up after a couple of shots. I need more powerful repellent, they think this stuff I'm using is an appetizer.

I did figure out a way to get decent shots. I put a bright flashlight on a stand aimed at them, it makes focusing very easy using the LCD. Then you just AF and shoot! Simple! They don't seem to mind the bright light as long as there is something to eat.

Beats trying to get Mrs Rupert to hold the flashlight, she does not like raccoons one little bit.

Regards!
07-11-2015, 11:58 PM   #1116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, Paul. Waterfronts tend to be great places to find easy photos.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That is indeed a really nice shot. I think you are going ot be thrilled by the X30 as others seem to have been...and are. I do hope you will post plenty of shots here in this thread.
Thank you, Rupert. I'll do my best. I took the X30 and my K-3 to our Central Highlands this weekend, for a Christmas in July in the old Hydro-Electric Commission construction and maintenance township of Tarraleah, now a private resort. The two cameras produced quite different shots, in terms of colour, particularly, but different isn't necessarily better mind you. I'll post some when I've had time to consider and process.
07-16-2015, 11:09 PM - 1 Like   #1117
Veteran Member

My Stylus 1 has this amazing constant f/2.8 zoom lens. No other camera or lens has this fantastic zoom range.

07-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #1118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dtmateojr Quote
My Stylus 1 has this amazing constant f/2.8 zoom lens. No other camera or lens has this fantastic zoom range.
Pretty impressive - some of these newer p&s cameras are approaching DSLR capabilities.

A few from near the flooded lake with an old Canon Powershot (xposted)

07-17-2015, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #1119
Veteran Member

From a cell phone ( Moto g) they can shoot what you wouldn't try with a big camera

07-17-2015, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #1120
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very nice shots! The preview of that camera is impressive....hope you will keep posting here int he Toy Camera thread, we will enjoy what you show us!

A few from near the flooded lake with an old Canon Powershot (xposted)
Love your updates Paul.....your shots tell the story! Love them!

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
From a cell phone ( Moto g) they can shoot what you wouldn't try with a big camera
Nice stuff! Yes, big bulky cameras do have their limitations! Toy Cameras are always ready, always handy. Gotta love them in a phone or a small box, they are a necessity if you love to shoot!

Finally finished my fence repairs......time to rest and enjoy my cameras now for a couple of days!

X20

Regards!
07-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #1121
Pentaxian

Nice shots, but.... FZ200 has constant f/2.8 and FZ300 will too
07-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #1122
Pentaxian

Didnt think I would ever get another toy camera, but I did. I wanted to get a shot of a nesting black swan and try as I might, 24x and 30x on my existing superzooms just didnt cut it. Hence the purchase of yet another, but this time 60x. A Nikon P610. Excellent shake reduction (Nikon calls it VR) and for a hand held shot, I think this was OK. Cropped and edited, but not much of either.

07-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #1123
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's a neat shot and plenty good. Toy Cameras have come long way in a short time. Wonder what the future holds? Anyone have any predictions?

Regards!
07-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #1124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That's a neat shot and plenty good. Toy Cameras have come long way in a short time. Wonder what the future holds? Anyone have any predictions?

Regards!
Thanks, Rupert!

I think we will see more 1" superzoom/bridge cameras. We currently have the very expensive RX10 and RX10ii, the FZ1000 and the G3x. I've heard a rumour that Fuji may be going 1" as well. Perhaps a replacement for the S1. It would be really nice if Canon would make a G3X with its VF built in, instead of having to spend many more dollars for an add-on whch is always going to be in danger of breaking, and it would be nice if they would all take a leaf from Fuji and Sony's weather resistance book.

I think we will gradually see the disappearance of low end compacts, phones seem to be taking over that market, and now that some are able to have a small zoom, there seems little point in manufacturers continuing at the market's low end. There can't be much profit in it.
07-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #1125
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I think we will gradually see the disappearance of low end compacts, phones seem to be taking over that market, and now that some are able to have a small zoom, there seems little point in manufacturers continuing at the market's low end. There can't be much profit in it.
I do believe you are on the money. Just look where phones are now compared to 5 years ago. Everything is changing, and very rapidly. Most of it is to our benefit so exciting times may be ahead. I do think we will see FF cameras getting smaller and smaller......and there are lens changes coming too. It all may be unrecognizable in a few years.

Regards!