Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #1171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Those are some really nice X30 shots Mr Bassie, you always do so well with it. Nice scenery and love the Fuji colors!

I have the X10 and X20 and in most cases the X10 just produces better images. In a few cases the X20 will outperform it, but not often. That EXR sensor was really a winner...wish they still used it.

The first day I got the X10 I loved it...and still do.

I didn't know a thing about it and just set it on EXR and shot.....Did good enough for me for a first day use!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35763648@N05/albums/72157628114856126

Regards!
Rupert,
The EXR technology was/is fantastic stuff. The issue is the horrible term 'MP' for something that is at best questionable. 6mp for exr on the X10 is enough for sharp letter prints. Likewise for me on the F600exr.

I am currently taking a break from truly compact cameras, but caved a few days ago and bought a GM1 for the insane amount of travel i'm currently doing.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

08-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #1172
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Anyway, keep up the good work!
Clarkey, the little X10 is still fun for me too, and the EXR sensor is good enough for most of what I do.

What kind of travels are you doing? Business or pleasure?

A couple from tonight...I mounted the Pentax 540 on the X10 and I can get faster flash response and faster speed too.

1/400 @5.6

1/400 @5.6 Fish filets tonight...they loved them!

Look at him stuff it in!

The 540 will sync all the way up to 1/4000 on the X10 or X20, which can really help get the best exposure control.

Regards & Keep it touch!
08-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #1173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Super raccoon shots Rupert - great job!

Kayakers navigating the treacherous waters of the (flooded) soccer fields back in May. Canon SD1100 IS
08-31-2015, 05:38 AM   #1174
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like it Paul! That camera does a very nice job....you too! Hard to believe that is a soccer field, but the rains were awesome. weren't they!

Regards!

I'll try for a few more Raccoon shots tonight if I can. I think I am still a ways off from getting the best shots, but am getting a little closer as I learn the best exposure methods with flash. Raccoons are always willing....as long as I have plenty of treats for them!

09-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #1175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clarkey, the little X10 is still fun for me too, and the EXR sensor is good enough for most of what I do.

What kind of travels are you doing? Business or pleasure?

A couple from tonight...I mounted the Pentax 540 on the X10 and I can get faster flash response and faster speed too.

1/400 @5.6

1/400 @5.6 Fish filets tonight...they loved them!

Look at him stuff it in!

The 540 will sync all the way up to 1/4000 on the X10 or X20, which can really help get the best exposure control.

Regards & Keep it touch!
Looks like fun in your neck of the woods!

Sadly, for business. Just coming back for more than the 14 or so hours I've been home in the last 9 days...
Will post some GM1 and GR shots when I get to a computer.
09-03-2015, 05:29 AM   #1176
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Will post some GM1 and GR shots when I get to a computer.
Look forward to your shots Clarkey!

A couple of little raccoon shots from the X10 last night.

Regards!
09-05-2015, 02:21 AM   #1177
Veteran Member

I'm back! Not been anywhere just moving job location and starting course so been fairly busy, nothing new on the camera front, still with the X-Pro and X30 and loving them.
We do have a new addition to the family, a Cockapoo called Dougal.

Who need a big sensor for Bokeh.... X30.

Got some in my flickr backlog mostly taken at steam shows, will go through as see what I haven't shared.

Cheers, Steve

09-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #1178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look forward to your shots Clarkey!

A couple of little raccoon shots from the X10 last night.

Regards!
Well, here you go!

An all too familiar place to wait
by Aaron, on Flickr

It appears that Sumac has fruit as well as the red seed pods:

Fruit
by Aaron, on Flickr

The camera is quite good, even with the "kit" lens

Forest floor
by Aaron, on Flickr

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
I'm back! Not been anywhere just moving job location and starting course so been fairly busy, nothing new on the camera front, still with the X-Pro and X30 and loving them.
We do have a new addition to the family, a Cockapoo called Dougal.

Who need a big sensor for Bokeh.... X30.

Got some in my flickr backlog mostly taken at steam shows, will go through as see what I haven't shared.

Cheers, Steve
Welcome back, nice looking doggie (presume hypo allergenic?). Good luck with the new job location....
09-05-2015, 01:13 PM - 2 Likes   #1179
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Welcome back, nice looking doggie (presume hypo allergenic?). Good luck with the new job location....
Thanks, Yea should be don't want the carpet of white hairs we had with the last one! Had a look through my back catalogue () and dug out a few that I was happy to share......

Fuji X-Pro and 35mm

X30 at Dublin Zoo

X30 in and around Mourne Co Down Northern Ireland

X30 View from the In-Laws kitchen window in Castlewellan, Co Down, Northen Ireland.

X30 some more steam.

X30 a road near me, Angarrack, Cornwall

X30 And Angarrack Viaduct.

Not much really but I've enjoyed using my Fuji's mainly the X30... SLR free since 2013....not missing it yet...

Cheers, Steve
09-05-2015, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #1180
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It appears that Sumac has fruit as well as the red seed pods:
Love the colors i that one Clarkey!

Not much really but I've enjoyed using my Fuji's mainly the X30... SLR free since 2013....not missing it yet...
You do such a great job with the X30 that you don't need anything else......just wonderful shots! Love that horsey shot a lot! Your B/W shots are always the best of quality too!

Nothing much here but more raccoons. I've been using the X10 mor and more.....I just like it better than my X20, and think it does better with the EXR sensor for my needs.

Mama Raccoon

Baby hanging on to save his spot!

He wants me to refill the feeder!

They will pose if you pay them in food!

The little Sunpak flash works great with the X10/X20 and being able to sync up to 1/4000 give you a wide range of aperture and speed choices to control exposure.

Regards! Love your Toy Cameras, they are wonderful friends!
09-06-2015, 03:29 AM - 2 Likes   #1181
Veteran Member

From my new toy camera, black berry classic

09-06-2015, 05:55 AM   #1182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Yea should be don't want the carpet of white hairs we had with the last one! Had a look through my back catalogue () and dug out a few that I was happy to share......

Fuji X-Pro and 35mm

X30 at Dublin Zoo

X30 in and around Mourne Co Down Northern Ireland

X30 View from the In-Laws kitchen window in Castlewellan, Co Down, Northen Ireland.

X30 some more steam.

X30 a road near me, Angarrack, Cornwall

X30 And Angarrack Viaduct.

Cheers, Steve
Looks good! Yeah, I really tried out the X30, and ergonomically it is good, just a bit big to cram into the carry on for work travel and to put in a pocket. I had the pleasure of attending a wedding near Newry (Warrenpoint), a few years back. Friends living near Clough. Lovely part of the world.

Love the colors i that one Clarkey!

You do such a great job with the X30 that you don't need anything else......just wonderful shots! Love that horsey shot a lot! Your B/W shots are always the best of quality too!

Nothing much here but more raccoons. I've been using the X10 mor and more.....I just like it better than my X20, and think it does better with the EXR sensor for my needs.

Mama Raccoon

Baby hanging on to save his spot!

He wants me to refill the feeder!

They will pose if you pay them in food!

The little Sunpak flash works great with the X10/X20 and being able to sync up to 1/4000 give you a wide range of aperture and speed choices to control exposure.

Regards! Love your Toy Cameras, they are wonderful friends!
Cheers, that's as close as I could get in post> Panasonic files are different (different, non-Sony sensor) to process. Good thinking with the flash, definitely can't do that with the gm1!
09-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #1183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great stuff lately - here's one with the Canon SD1100:

...and with an iPhone5:
09-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #1184
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
From my new toy camera, black berry classic
That second one is gorgeous!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Great stuff lately - here's one with the Canon SD1100:
Something weird about the perspective on that first shot Paul...and it is really neat! The color is great too!

More raccoons from last night...

It gets crowded...

Then the fights break out an Mama heads for the hills!

Regards!
09-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #1185
Veteran Member

Looks good! Yeah, I really tried out the X30, and ergonomically it is good, just a bit big to cram into the carry on for work travel and to put in a pocket. I had the pleasure of attending a wedding near Newry (Warrenpoint), a few years back. Friends living near Clough. Lovely part of the world.
My Brother-In-Law is from near Seaford just down the road from Clough, well so is where my with is from in Castlewellan.
My oldest Sister-in-law wedding breakfast was held in Warrenpoint, not that I knew at the time as I was not meant to be there.......

Do like NI, it's very similar to down here in Cornwall.

Cheers, Steve