Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #106
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Nice shots Reef...but damn you run with a tough lookin' crowd! My gang looks more like this....

X20

Regards!

05-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Do you have to poke those guys every once in a while to see if they're still breathing?

Take off the leather and we're all just a bunch of grumpy old men too.
05-06-2014, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #108
Veteran Member

Here are a couple more from the infamous Lomo Sprocket Rocket.

05-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mr Bassie, you have the neatest Toy Camera of all! http://microsites.lomography.com/sprocketrocket/

Post all you want here, I love them! ....I bet they drive pixel peepers nuts!

Regards!

05-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
London Old & New - Sony RX100

05-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Original Poster
dylansalt..That rocks! The RX100 would be in my hands now...if it only had a viewfinder! I am hoping the coming X30 will have the 1" or larger sensor that rumors suggest.

For going down the freeway at 70 mph, the little Toy X10 did pretty good, but lacks the resolution of your Toy Camera.

Regards! .....keep the shots coming, we must continue our efforts to break the addiction to big heavy DSLRs and save those shooters thousands of dollars $$$$ and eventual back surgery!
05-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #112
Pentaxian

This is a today shot. The leaves are just beginning to come out. This is from a maple in my yard with the new leaves just sprouting and the flowers (yep, maples flower in early spring) dangling down. A little scraggly looking but prettier than my old biker friends.

05-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Mr Bassie, you have the neatest Toy Camera of all! Sprocket Rocket 35mm Panoramic Camera - Microsite - Lomography

Post all you want here, I love them! ....I bet they drive pixel peepers nuts!

Regards!
Thanks! Be careful what you ask for....

05-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #114
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Reef......Nice shot! That is a neat looking maple, I have never seen that before.

Mr Bassie
....Love those! Keep them coming, neat stuff with that little toy!

Regards!
05-10-2014, 05:22 AM   #115
Veteran Member

The Sony RX100 MK11 is now selling for $989 in South Africa - so it is really a very expensive niche toy for lets say the more affluent.

If I was a person on a budget i.e. couldn't afford multiple toys, and didn't want to lug a huge DSLR around then a Nikon 5200 with the 35 1.8 (or similar small camera from another brand) on can hardly be considered huge nor heavy, and will cost considerably less.

When I visited the UK I decided to us the Sony 98% of the time as an experiment and it really is incredible but it can't do everything a sorted cheap DSLR can.

London Tube - ISO 1250 - no noise reduction - Sony RX100

05-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #116
Pentaxian

That Sony RX looks pretty impressive. That said, the price kind of steered my away when I was looking for a compact take everywhere camera.

I read this piece of satire this morning and it addressed much of what this thread is all about. Enjoy!

Photographer Apoplectic After Accidentally Buying Samsung NX3000 | New Camera News
05-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #117
Veteran Member

Original Poster
dylansalt-----That's a very nice shot, good color and crystal clear!

I could go for the RX100 or even more likely, the Samsung NX3000, but I need a viewfinder. Where I live, a camera with no viewfinder is like a car with no steering wheel.......you never know where you are going.

Even an add on viewfinder would work for me, if these two cameras have such a ting available...I might be interested. Fuji better get that X30 out for sale pretty soon, or it might not matter? I am feeling the need for a new Toy Camera to add to my Toy Box!

Regards!
05-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Where I live, a camera with no viewfinder is like a car with no steering wheel.......you never know where you are going.
Exactly why I don't own a Q or K-01, though I would like to. Even my little Canon p&s has a pinhole viewfinder, which I use all the time (one of the main reasons I got it)! It's just too bright around here to get away with an LCD. Some nice shots on this page, btw!
05-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #119
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Exactly why I don't own a Q or K-01, though I would like to. Even my little Canon p&s has a pinhole viewfinder, which I use all the time (one of the main reasons I got it)! It's just too bright around here to get away with an LCD. Some nice shots on this page, btw!
Paul, people outside of our part of Texas have no idea of how worthless their LCD is in the Texas sunshine. It is so bright here that even blind people can see between March and November!

Here, if you don't have a viewfinder, you don't have a camera.

Regards!
05-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #120
Veteran Member

I'm still shootin' my outdoor cookin' with the toy XF1.

Breakfast egg sammie with homemade venison sausage, wild morel mushrooms, and pepper jack cheese.