Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #1201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Does the GR count??? Smallest camera I own, and it works kind of like a toy! Still love my X10 though... Different venues.
Yes definitely.... in size - I love mine, and now I have nothing smaller than M4/3, which is my miniature beastie.

---------- Post added 09-20-2015 at 10:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We are kind of straying from the Toy Camera format, but I do recall that the FF squealers say that anything less than a FF is just a toy, so maybe not?

Nice shots Clarkey......you too Jac! Keep posting!

Regards!
Thanks - Hey, do I need to create the "Compacts on Steroids" thread?

09-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #1202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Yes definitely.... in size - I love mine, and now I have nothing smaller than M4/3, which is my miniature beastie.

---------- Post added 09-20-2015 at 10:35 PM ----------

Thanks - Hey, do I need to create the "Compacts on Steroids" thread?
Oh, what a good idea. Thats the other end of the scale, and I could post from my X100. and LX100 if I ever get round to buying one Sensors over and including 1"

Here, I have compacts and zoomies with 1/2,33 and 1/1.7 sensors. Used to have a 1/2 but it got sold off.
09-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #1203
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Anyone need a big spider....almost 3 inches across!

X20

I was going to get some more shots but a Blue Jay came along and grabbed him up right in front of me...I guess they are delicious, but I think I'll pass on them.

Regards!
09-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #1204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice garden spider Rupert - we've had quite a few of them this year around our place.
A couple recent iPhone shots:

09-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #1205
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Always love to see your Doggie Paul!

Surely someone would like to have a few of my extra raccoons...I've got plenty!

Can I come on up? Is the coast clear?

Yep, it's clear but a little crowded!

They have hilarious fights! Some fall off, some are pushed off, and some just hang in there!

Regards!
09-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #1206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, it's clear but a little crowded!
Great shot of the gang on your patio!

One from the park the other evening with the Canon p&s:
09-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #1207
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
One from the park the other evening with the Canon p&s:

Thanks Paul, they are fun critters! Good to see you can go to the park now without a boat!

Regards!

10-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #1208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Paul, they are fun critters! Good to see you can go to the park now without a boat!

Regards!
No boat needed for quite some time now Here's one from a quiet corner of the lake (Canon SD1100):
10-03-2015, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #1209
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Love that shot Paul......very nice composition too! I'm pretty sure that is Cottonmouth Creek? Keep your Doggie out of there!

Regards!

Took a little drive out west to Brownwood yesterday Paul....nice drive. They have put up a lot of windmills near Comanche...

All shots are X10...a great little travel camera...just set it on EXR and shoot away!

We went to eat at the famous Underwoods Cafeteria in Brownwood...it's been there 70+years and has fantastic food! We have eaten there many times.
They bring you your choice of delicious cobbler and top it with real whipped cream after your meal....superb!

Lots of choices!

Beefsteak is the best ever!

Chicken Fried Steak you can cut with a fork!

Lots of veggies!

Cobbler!!!!

When we left it was all gone!

The hot yeast rolls melt in your mouth! Great food, great friendly service too!

A nice drive, beautiful weather and fantastic food....what could be better!

Regards!
10-13-2015, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #1210
Veteran Member

Took my Fuji Instax to my stepdaughters wedding:

The bride and groom

Me and the Mrs:

Siblings:

Had tons of fun at the wedding and let the pro take the real pictures while I snapped away.

In other toy camera news, yesterday I finally got my hands on a Lomography LC-A 120 camera. I've been waiting for a sale on that one and finally it happened. Definitely the smallest medium format camera I have ever seen. Loading film in it was incredibly difficult. Hopefully it will get easier over time.
10-13-2015, 06:41 AM   #1211
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Enjoyed those Mr Bassie.....look forward to the shots from your newest acquisition!

Regards!
10-17-2015, 03:08 AM   #1212
Veteran Member

Nice Instax shots, my sister has the Lomography version of the Fuji Instax, the kids love it! If they would go through a roll of film every 5 seconds I would buy them one each!

Looks like he has a good eye.

We had a show on TV here recently called the Autistic Gardener, maybe my Thomas could be the Autistic Photographer.....

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 10-17-15 at 03:11 AM ----------

I've pretty much gone back to using my X10 over my X20. Some here have posted wonderful shots with the X30 and praise it. Though the IQ is supposedly better on the X20 and X30, I love the EXR sensor on the X10. You can set it on EXR and shoot away without much complaint on what you get.

Get out and shoot something! We need to keep our Toy Cameras satisfied with our performance too! Post it here, we need all the help we can get!

Best Regards!
Forgot.....No, I never had any issues with the X10 sensor. The problem can arise of the "blobs" if you work at producing it, but I never tried to force it and in normal shooting it is never a problem I see.

With you there Rupert, I love my X30 it's pretty much replaced my X-Pro! It's hardly been off the shelf But I did prefer the EXR sensor, it just worked! I think the B&W is a bit better as well. Mine isn't far away if I ever want it back, my mother is using it too good effect. ]

The main reason I updated was I want to try a bit of video, while the Fuji might not be the best for that I wanted good images as well, and the X30 has as MIC input, so just bought one of the RODE Videomicros to have a play with.
Been a bit busy to get out and shoot at the moment, currently on a course, passed 4 of the exams 3 to go! Analogue and Digital RADAR next.... yay!

Cheers, Steve

Last edited by skankin_giant; 10-17-2015 at 03:13 AM.
10-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #1213
Veteran Member

My toy cameras and I have not been getting along very well lately. I keep trying, though :-/

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-09-2016 at 08:25 AM.
10-18-2015, 08:53 AM - 2 Likes   #1214
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
With you there Rupert, I love my X30 it's pretty much replaced my X-Pro! It's hardly been off the shelf But I did prefer the EXR sensor, it just worked! I think the B&W is a bit better as well. Mine isn't far away if I ever want it back, my mother is using it too good effect. ]
Enjoyed those shots Skank! You always do great with any camera. Yes, the EXR sensor is really different, and I love it! Something about the colors and "atmosphere" that just seem more to my liking.

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
My toy cameras and I have not been getting along very well lately. I keep trying, though :-/
Well...I like that shot! We Toy Camera guys don't have to be perfectionists, after all we are just Toy Shooters...not "real photographers" like the Big Guys!

A good example...we ate at one of my favorite places yesterday...The China Dragon. I wanted to document my meal ...or my first meal...it is "All You Can Eat" for $9.99 per person, and they have more food and choices than any one person can even sample!

Shot with X10 in EXR setting....

Gotta have Chinese Hot Mustard....my favorite!

I just pointed my little X10 and fired away! Now imagine one of those Big Boys with his big FF camera. After he put on his back brace, unloaded it from his heavy bag, got all his settings just right (real pros only shoot in M mode for full control) he would be taking his first shot...by which time I had already taken my shots, gone back for my second helping and got the last of the Orange Chicken! The Big Pro guy would be packing away his massive equipment and realize his meal had gotten cold......

Yep, Toy Cameras have their place...don't leave home without one!

Regards!
10-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #1215
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks tasty.

Well, I managed to fix and then borrow my wife's Canon SX270. After all, you have to make sure it works, right? I really wish this thing had RAW.... maybe missing the point?

Leaving the wires
by Aaron, on Flickr

To a point
by Aaron, on Flickr