Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #1246
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Looks good to me Mr Bassie! That your son?

I need to be using my Toy Cameras more......I'm gonna work on it!

Regards!
Thanks Rupert! Yes that is my son, one of my favorite subjects. I find him very photogenic and comfortable in front of a camera.

Here is another of him with the LCA 120. For some reason, despite the parallax error cutting off the top of his head and the focus of the knife hand, I like this picture. I guess that kind of stuff happens sometimes with toy cameras.

11-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #1247
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Another nice one Mr Bassie.....You'll get all his head next time! I was looking at the specs on that little camera...it's pretty impressive!

Regards!
11-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #1248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool stuff, Mr Bassie!

iPhone 5:
11-25-2015, 06:53 AM - 4 Likes   #1249
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Captured a developing Sunset from my garden - Sony RX100

11-25-2015, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #1250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spectacular sunset, dylansalt!
11-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #1251
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Spectacular sunset, dylansalt!
I agree! Those are breathtaking! #2 was my favorite.

Regards!
11-26-2015, 05:19 AM   #1252
Veteran Member

Thanks guys - I kinda like No 2 a lot as well

11-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #1253
Veteran Member

Lovely shots, Dylan!!
11-28-2015, 06:17 PM - 4 Likes   #1254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Thanks Rupert! Yes that is my son, one of my favorite subjects. I find him very photogenic and comfortable in front of a camera.

Here is another of him with the LCA 120. For some reason, despite the parallax error cutting off the top of his head and the focus of the knife hand, I like this picture. I guess that kind of stuff happens sometimes with toy cameras.

I just love this one. It doesn't matter than his cap has disappeared into the never never, the shot is great, and he is so photogenic!

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 01:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Captured a developing Sunset from my garden - Sony RX100

Beautiful. I like all, but actually have a slight preference for the first, where its just beginning to show. The clouds are magnificent.

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 01:21 AM ----------

Thought I might drop one in today, its been a while... And I am still loving my Nikon P610. It doesn't even matter that it doesn't have RAW, the JPGs are very workable with the right tools.

I keep that tray filled during hot weather, and the birds just love it. There isn't a lot of fresh water nearby that they can actually get into and bathe, there are a few ponds around but too deep for small birds. And full of Koi that some idiots have dumped into the wild.

The other advantage is that I get to hear birds singing all day long

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-28-2015 at 06:22 PM.
11-28-2015, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #1255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I just love this one. It doesn't matter than his cap has disappeared into the never never, the shot is great, and he is so photogenic!

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 01:18 AM ----------

Beautiful. I like all, but actually have a slight preference for the first, where its just beginning to show. The clouds are magnificent.

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 01:21 AM ----------

Thought I might drop one in today, its been a while... And I am still loving my Nikon P610. It doesn't even matter that it doesn't have RAW, the JPGs are very workable with the right tools.

I keep that tray filled during hot weather, and the birds just love it. There isn't a lot of fresh water nearby that they can actually get into and bathe, there are a few ponds around but too deep for small birds. And full of Koi that some idiots have dumped into the wild.

Nice! you have a fantastic selection of colourful birds in your neck of the woods. Not bad for a steel town.
11-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #1256
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote

By lopping off the top of your son's head, you focus attention more on his features. I think it works great in this shot.

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 12:12 AM ----------

Sue, you are just killing it with that P610.
11-29-2015, 05:32 AM   #1257
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
By lopping off the top of your son's head, you focus attention more on his features. I think it works great in this shot.

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 12:12 AM ----------

Sue, you are just killing it with that P610.
Why thank you, kind sir! So.. you gonna try one yourself, Chris?
11-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #1258
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thought I might drop one in today, its been a while... And I am still loving my Nikon P610.
That is a really nice sharp clear shot! Color is great too! Couldn't be any better than that one!

A couple of X10 shots of my son & daughter in law ...and with her and her parents. They have been here two months visiting from the Philippines.

We went to a play at the Opera House here yesterday...Mary Poppins. It was wonderfully done!

Opera House They just finishes a 3.5 million $$$ remodel and it is first class inside!

The x10 is great for low light shooting in the "Pro Low Light" setting. All Toy Cameras are good for day excursions when you don't want to carry a big heavy DSLR.

Regards!
11-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #1259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why thank you, kind sir! So.. you gonna try one yourself, Chris?
You are certainly making a strong case for the P610 It's probably my current #1 choice. Unfortunately, my car unexpectedly decided to drop its exhaust while driving to my mother's on Thanksgiving, so suddenly there is less "fun money".
12-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #1260
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats on getting Flickr Explored.