Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #1291
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've often thought that an Instax might help lure my daughter into "real" photography...

Chris

12-27-2015, 03:24 AM   #1292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
I hope all your Christmas' went without a hitch! Boxing day today, a day to sit and stew with aching bellies from yesterdays feast!
Any one get any nice toy camera as gifts? My wife spoilt me with a couple....

Fuji Instax Mini 90 which I've fancied since they were released.

Some Lomo motion camera? takes 4 shots and slight intervals on one frame, could be interesting....

And a lovely camera bad so I can get all my gear in one place in prep for my sisters wedding!

I hope everyone had a great day.

I wish you a prosperous new year from Cornwall!

Cheers, Steve
Nice camera, Steve, and great bag! I have to look up the camera.
David
12-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #1293
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I have decided to shoot only jpeg with this camer
Nice, Stan! I too have only shot jpeg with the X10, altho I'm curious to see what RAW processing will be like with this camera. Nice Christmas haul, Skank - congrats!
A shot from the flooded horse trails near the lake with the X10:
12-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #1294
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
First shots from my new Fuji x30 today.
Congratulations Stan! I'm sure you will enjoy! Post here, where we appreciate Toy Cameras the most!.

Fuji Instax Mini 90 which I've fancied since they were released.
Congratulations Skank! That is a neat little camera! Best regards to you too for the new year!

Paul....and others...I doubt you can beat the Jpegs from the Fuji cameras, few can. I have tried and can never do better. They are the best at Jpegs out of the camera.

I haven't processed most of my Christmas shots...here is one of my nephew and his wife at Christmas with a gift he got from Otis......

X20

Regards! & my regrets to those I left out.....I'll do better next time! Got a splitting headache tonight.

12-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #1295
Veteran Member

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Rupert..
12-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #1296
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Hope you get to feeling better soon, Rupert..
Thanks Tina...all better now! It is very rare for me to get a headache.....maybe lookin' at the Christmas bills was too much for my old brain?

You need to be sure to post your X10 shots here...that's what this place is for...Toy Cameras!

Went up to N Dallas today to eat lunch with my oldest grandson and his boss at a place called Poor Richards...a family owned restaurant I have been hearing about from my grandson for a couple of years.

My grandson.....X20
Name:  DSCF9662-800.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  150.0 KB
His boss
View Picture EXIF
Name:  DSCF9661-800.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  437.6 KB

What I forgot was the most important shot...my meal! Here is was I got....a big Texas Size Chicken Fried Steak, an order of Texas Fries, 3 fried eggs, lots of cream gravy and two big soda biscuits....with a Diet Coke. Sound good? You bet, when the total price for this huge meal was only $7.99! I'm going back, even though it is a two hour drive from here and next time I'll get the shot!

Poor Richard?s Cafe - 143 Photos - Breakfast & Brunch - 2442 K Ave - Plano, TX - Reviews - Yelp

Tina, it's in Plano...and not that far from where you live...maybe an hour and a half...you ought to try it! We could meet you all there sometime! Maybe Paul and his lovely wife could make it too?

Regards!
12-30-2015, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #1297
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks Tina...all better now! It is very rare for me to get a headache.....maybe lookin' at the Christmas bills was too much for my old brain?

You need to be sure to post your X10 shots here...that's what this place is for...Toy Camera
Here ya go!

---------- Post added 12-30-15 at 12:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Poor Richard?s Cafe - 143 Photos - Breakfast & Brunch - 2442 K Ave - Plano, TX - Reviews - Yelp

Tina, it's in Plano...and not that far from where you live...maybe an hour and a half...you ought to try it! We could meet you all there sometime! Maybe Paul and his lovely wife could make it too?

Regards!
That would be awesome!

---------- Post added 12-30-15 at 12:36 PM ----------

Ok, ok, seriously

She was seriously working on whatever brew she had going in that bird bath. A mixture of water, acorns, and sticks?

This is the creek down the road from my house.

12-30-2015, 11:58 AM - 2 Likes   #1298
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That place sounds a lot like our own Old West Cafe here in Grapevine - good food and cheap! And yes, it would be awesome - We'll have to see what we can work out
A couple X10 shots:

I was standing on a little dock at a pond and snapped this one of our dogs. They were kind of far away so I ended up cropping, which degraded the IQ a bit:
12-31-2015, 05:02 AM   #1299
Veteran Member

Great photos everyone, Happy New years from over here in the UK, I'm coving shift tomorrow so no late night for me!

Got some ideas on how to use the instax in the new year, just waiting for it to stop raining....

Cheers, Steve
12-31-2015, 05:11 AM   #1300
Veteran Member

Happy New Year all, it's only just after 11pm here in Oz, but I haven't the staying power I had when I was younger, so doing it early and going to bed!
01-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #1301
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happy New Year to all toy camera shooters here Still working out all the settings on the X10, although I tend to stay in Av a lot.
I tried macro mode on these wild sumac trees...

Shooting almost into the sun on a very bright morning. I ordered a lens hood, since I seem to be shading the lens with my left hand a lot!
01-01-2016, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #1302
Veteran Member

A Instax self portrait from me, should have altered the exposure a bit but it will do the job.... plus the film is expensive! Took it after a day in work... thats why I look so bad...

Cheers, Steve
01-04-2016, 07:01 PM - 3 Likes   #1303
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Instax self portrait from me, should have altered the exposure a bit but it will do the job.... plus the film is expensive! Took it after a day in work... thats why I look so bad...

Cheers, Steve
Looks like fun, Steve - nice selfie!

Late afternoon with the X10
01-09-2016, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #1304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I gave away the little Nikon as it has no exposure information in the optical viewfinder. Dunno what made me think it did.
I guess I'll have to save up my pennies for a better toy - a Fuji X20, or maybe even another try at an X100...

Chris
01-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #1305
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I guess I'll have to save up my pennies for a better toy - a Fuji X20, or maybe even another try at an X100...
Either of those would be a good choice Chris. Get one and post the shots here...we need all we can get!

Regards!