Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2016, 05:59 AM   #1336
Veteran Member

Nice work Paul!

Talking about Rupert I hope he is ok, not heard from him or a day or two, not like him to vanish from here?

Cheers, Steve

01-18-2016, 06:08 PM   #1337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Nice work Paul!

Talking about Rupert I hope he is ok, not heard from him or a day or two, not like him to vanish from here?

Cheers, Steve
Thanks Steve! Rupert is around - he is busy on a couple other threads at the moment....
01-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #1338
Veteran Member

Ah thats ok, not like him to neglect the "toy cameras" though Must have his big lens out shooting squirrels!?

Cheers, Steve
01-20-2016, 07:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1339
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Nice work Paul!

Cheers, Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Thanks Steve! Rupert is around - he is busy on a couple other threads at the moment....
Ah thats ok, not like him to neglect the "toy cameras" though Must have his big lens out shooting squirrels!?

Cheers, Steve
My apology guys....I have not been doing much Toy Camera shooting lately. A little 50-500 Bigma shooting, but mostly working on the remodeling of my shop. As an old guy it has really been a tough job, I ache in parts of my body I didn't even know were there!

I looked over the last few pages, some really nice stuff here and I appreciate it that you guys have kept this thread alive! Great shots from you Skank, you always add fine work to this thread!

Paul, I see your little puppy racing up the bank to get away from a Cottonmouth? You know better by now than to get that close to Cottonmouth infested waters!

Here are a few X20 shot of what I have been doing.....

Last year I remodeled the lower part of my shop...but for 10 years the ceiling has been bare foil faced insulation with no covering. Keeps it warm/cool but is ugly...

The floor too...ugly cement...

So my helper got the floor epoxy coated...looks great!

But the ceiling was still ugly so I am covering it with rough sawed 1x6 planks and adding trim.

What it will all look like when complete...on the right.

It is more tedious and difficult work than I desired, but it will look great. I hope I can still move about to enjoy it, this has been hard work for an old guy. 30 years ago it was easy stuff...but not now.

Regards! Keep up the great posts here! I'll be back with my Toy Cameras soon!

Paul
....Glad you are enjoying the X10....fine camera.....explore it fully, it can do more than you realize but it is tricky to find all the great features it offers.

01-20-2016, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #1340
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work, Rupert - your shop is looking good!

A small stream on a very bright Christmas Eve (X10). Jeannie can be seen near center, hunting cottonmouths :
01-20-2016, 11:52 AM   #1341
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You should be ashamed Paul! Letting her clear the way for you is a disgrace. I wouldn't even do that to Otis. Otis always sends me first where there is any chance of Cottonmouths or Copperheads.....he ain't no dummy!

Regards!
01-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #1342
Veteran Member

Good to hear from you Rupert, was worried you fell out of love with the "toy cameras"

You workshop it great! A bit better kitted out then my storage area...

Cheers, Steve

01-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #1343
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It is more tedious and difficult work than I desired, but it will look great. I hope I can still move about to enjoy it, this has been hard work for an old guy. 30 years ago it was easy stuff...but not now..
Just looking at that ladder makes me hurt - can't imagine working off that over your head like that. It does look so nice now but I'm sure was tough getting done.
01-21-2016, 08:41 PM - 3 Likes   #1344
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice work, Rupert - your shop is looking good!
ThanksPaul!

Good to hear from you Rupert, was worried you fell out of love with the "toy cameras"

You workshop it great! A bit better kitted out then my storage area...
I'd love to have your large space Skank! I still love my Toy Cameras!

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Just looking at that ladder makes me hurt - can't imagine working off that over your head like that. It does look so nice now but I'm sure was tough getting done.
Stan, the ladder is a killer on my two broken feet. That overhead work is murder on my entire body, but at least I can still do it. Should be finished in a few more days......I'll post some shots when it is all complete and cleaned, There is about a foot of sawdust in there now and sanding dust covers everything.
I've been wearing a dusk mask, but it doesn't keep all the dust out and it can choke you up pretty bad.

Still handsome as ever, even though I haven't shaved in a week or washed my hair either. Been too busy...but I have taken a shower every night....only because Mrs Rupert insists.

X20
Name:  DSCF9687-700B.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  78.0 KB

Regards!
01-21-2016, 09:35 PM - 4 Likes   #1345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A coupe years ago I had the wonderfully good fortune to stumble upon a swan's nest. I took pics periodically as the mated pair built their nest, and I got to see the eggs and cygnets. Having a superzoom meant I could stay pretty far away and not be overly intrusive.

Fuji HS50 EXR

01-22-2016, 12:17 PM   #1346
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
A coupe years ago I had the wonderfully good fortune to stumble upon a swan's nest. I took pics periodically as the mated pair built their nest, and I got to see the eggs and cygnets. Having a superzoom meant I could stay pretty far away and not be overly intrusive.

Fuji HS50 EXR

These are amazing! What a wonderful experience. I especially like the first and last ones. A few years ago, my husband and I were on a walk, and came up on a turtle laying eggs. And guess what, I didn't have a camera on me. Grrrr. But at least we had the experience of witnessing it. That was priceless.
01-22-2016, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #1347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Luftluss, those are wonderful photos - esp like the last one

I have nothing to compete with those, except maybe another flood shot? Taken a couple days ago with the X10:
01-22-2016, 03:20 PM - 2 Likes   #1348
Veteran Member

Hi good people glad to see you guys doing good work with your toy cameras.

Here is one of mine from the X30

01-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #1349
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I took pics periodically as the mated pair built their nest, and I got to see the eggs and cygnets.
Wonderful shots! Love the little duckies.....swans....whatever...they are so cute!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Here is one of mine from the X30
Excellent Mr Bassie....how is the X30 doing for you....fully satisfied?

Almost finished with my shop ceiling. three more beams to make and install on the upper part of the ceiling. It's tough work overhead, but it's gonna look great....photos next week ...I hope!

Regards!
01-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #1350
Veteran Member

Yes the X30 is in the rotation of the various cameras I use on an irregular basis. Not sure if I am fully satisfied but it does well in many circumstances. As I'm sure you know there is no perfect camera.

The X30 makes a great travel camera. Next trip abroad it very well could be all I take. Last year my travel kit consisted of the X30, a Holga, and a Fuji Instax or two. I didn't miss my big cameras at all.