Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2016, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #1396
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fun with the low January sun (X10)

03-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #1397
Veteran Member

Thought I would post this here.... the secret to my B&W images is now free.....!

Google's $150 Nik Collection of Photo Editing Software is Now 100% Free

Cheers, Steve
03-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #1398
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Thought I would post this here.... the secret to my B&W images is now free.....!

Google's $150 Nik Collection of Photo Editing Software is Now 100% Free

Cheers, Steve
That's going to be a huge disrupter to other plugins, methinks!
03-25-2016, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #1399
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
WOW! That is something special! Thanks Skank!

I've been neglecting my Toy Cameras lately, but did use the X20 to shoot this little snake today. Mrs Rupert was working in the yard and he got her all in a frenzy!

Don't worry Paul......it's not a deadly Cottonmouth! It's a baby Bull Snake. They are meaner than hell, but not venomous, though they love to bite if given any opportunity.

Regards!

03-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #1400
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Don't worry Paul......it's not a deadly Cottonmouth!
He's a cutie - nice shot! Yeah, they can get pretty nasty.
Rupert, you might remember the old flour mill in downtown Grapevine? Taken in January with the X10:
03-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #1401
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
He's a cutie - nice shot!
Thanks Paul.....he was mighty angry with Mrs Rupert!

Yes, I have been by it many times on my old BSA/Triumphs. I used to ride to Grapevine all the time back many years ago. That's a good shot of it......I really like what you are doing wit the X10!

Regards!
03-27-2016, 05:04 AM - 3 Likes   #1402
Veteran Member

Went to the recording studio with my band Rattlemouth. Shot with several different cameras as well as Hipstamatic on my iPhone:

Stuff around the studio:

During break I went to Hollywood Cemetery which happens to be next door:

03-30-2016, 08:29 AM - 2 Likes   #1403
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some nice...and interesting shots Mr Bassie.....exactly what Toy Cameras do best! I take it the damaged headstones will be repaired? Must have been a storm that brought down that large tree?

I awoke to find posters in the Woods of Otis this morning....
X20
Name:  Bear Alert.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  516.3 KB

Looks like Otis spotted some tracks of the Mama Raccoon.....and mistook them. She is getting huge, about 40-45 pounds and will have some new babies any day now. I have kept her fed all winter and she is in great shape for her new babies...I can't wait 'til she brings them around to meet me!

X20
Name:  Bear Tracks.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  730.6 KB

The x10/X20 love to shoot raccoons!

Regards!
03-30-2016, 08:56 AM   #1404
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The x10/X20 love to shoot raccoons!
Bring on the photos! Can't wait to see your latest - and you don't need the Bigma for those.

Saw this cute little stone house while walking around the Main Street area...X10
03-31-2016, 06:13 AM   #1405
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Saw this cute little stone house while walking around the Main Street area...X10
I like it!
Lots of homes in that style and others in the small towns of this area of Texas. They are from a different era and had charm and warmth. We need to post more of them here. Let's work on it!

Homes of the past had a beauty not seen in the new style of McMansions being built today.

Regards!
03-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #1406
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like it!
Lots of homes in that style and others in the small towns of this area of Texas. They are from a different era and had charm and warmth. We need to post more of them here. Let's work on it!

Homes of the past had a beauty not seen in the new style of McMansions being built today.

Regards!
I have quite a few other shots from that day, and will post some of them. There's a big push here in Grapevine to restore and revitalize the old neighborhoods around Main Street. The day I walked around there I probably saw 3 or 4 homes being worked on just in a one block area. Many of the bigger homes on that particular street have been converted to B&B's, and some are quite beautiful. Anyway, the little Fuji is perfect for these local street shots

I was gassing up the car at my little country store, and thought the scene might make a decent cellphone shot - so here it is. (iPhone 5)
04-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #1407
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

another dead end (X10)
04-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #1408
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice X10 performance Paul! You are really making the X10 shine!

X20 for some baby birdie shots.....still haven't been able to get mom & pop shots, but I'll keep trying.
04-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #1409
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice X10 performance Paul! You are really making the X10 shine!

X20 for some baby birdie shots.....still haven't been able to get mom & pop shots, but I'll keep trying.
Thanks - I'm learning! Those look like they might be baby grackles? Keep us posted!
A couple more X10 shots:
Sometimes if the scene is backlit, the X10 doesn't quite get the colors right. I'm pretty much using EXR mode all the time now.

From Main Street:
04-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #1410
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks - I'm learning! Those look like they might be baby grackles? Keep us posted!
Not grackles...some sort of small sleek birds, gray with extended necks...real sleek looking.

Those shots look good and the color is very good. It's hard to go wrong with the EXR setting.....In some of the FLickr X10 forums there are some good instructions on setting the DR for best results. It's worth a look, unless you are lazy like me!

Regards!

---------- Post added 04-10-16 at 07:38 PM ----------

A few X20 shots from yesterday......Not my best X20 shots, but I was just "snapping" and so were those using the X20.

My Mom & youngest sister...hard to believe my almost 90 year old Mom had major surgery less than two weeks ago!

Mrs Rupert looked lovely yesterday! She had that glow...like after 50 years, surely the worst is all behind?

In mixed variable light it is hard to get the right white balance......If you shoot Raw it is easier to correct, but I seldom shoot Raw with the X cameras.