Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2016, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #1471
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
I've been obsessed with mushrooms lately!
I like it Tina!

Skank and Mr Bassie...Two of my favorite shooters here at PForums....fantastic shots from you both here in the Toy Camera place! You guys are greatly appreciated here!

I have not been Toy Camera shooting much lately. I have been trying to get prepared for the K1 that arrives tomorrow....thanks to Mrs Rupert!

Hi gail, you have a package coming tomorrow.
Estimated Delivery Date: Saturday, 05/07/2016 UPS

Even though I will be a Pro starting sometime tomorrow, I will be back here with my Toy Camera shots soon. I still love Toy Cameras, but need to be the Pro I told Mrs Rupert I would be if she would just get me the K1!

Along with being a Pro, she is insisting that I also keep the squirrels away from her plants....

X10

Regards!

05-06-2016, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #1472
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Even though I will be a Pro starting sometime tomorrow, I will be back here with my Toy Camera shots soon.
At least you'll have your Pro Gear for a few hours before the next series of storms hit. A great time to study the manual, cover to cover!

A non-pro cellphone shot - most everything here was underwater during the winter. The road leads to a park, which is still flooded.
05-06-2016, 07:44 PM - 3 Likes   #1473
Veteran Member

Tonight I took the X30 to see a New Orleans brass band called the Soul Rebels:

On the way out I noticed the James River was high from all the rain today so I attempted a half-second handheld shot for a little motion blur on the water:

05-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #1474
Veteran Member

Lovely work here as always.

Rupert please give us a link to any photos you post with the K1, interested to how that will turn out. Not that I'm likely to buy one..... X-Pro 2 or a Sigma is on my next camera list....

Cheers, Steve

05-09-2016, 07:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1475
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
A non-pro cellphone shot - most everything here was underwater during the winter. The road leads to a park, which is still flooded.
I like it Paul....when I was a kid no one would have imagined a phone that took pictures! I like the frame too!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Tonight I took the X30 to see a New Orleans brass band called the Soul Rebels:
More fine Mr Bassie style work!

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Rupert please give us a link to any photos you post with the K1, interested to how that will turn out.
Will do Skank. You do understand that I will be a Pro with the K1, right? I may have to start charging to see pixel shifted squirrel shots, but Otis says they will always be free for you guys to view!

A few X20 from Mothers Day yesterday.....

Bought these for my Mom five years ago and they have multiplied and bloom every year the week before Mothers Day! What was one plant is now several.

Our oldest grandson surprised Mrs Rupert with a Mothers Day dinner. He is the apple of her eye, so she was thrilled!

When they are together they are all smiles!

More Mothers Day flowers!

Jeffrey gave Mrs Rupert some very unusual flowers...never seen anything like them before. Supposedly they only bloom every 5 years. They are heavy leafed like regular tulips, thick and waxy, and just stunning in real life.

French Ruffled Tulips

Was a great Mothers Day for my Mom and Mrs Rupert!

Regards!
05-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #1476
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't do much printing, but I did just print a couple of those of Mrs Rupert and our grandson after a little processing and they came out great. You know, 12 MP is plenty for 5x7 prints and when you don't need studio quality results. It is another reason why Toy Cameras are so damn handy.

I'm not even sure I'm gonna like being a K1 Pro....seems people are already piling on me for being an elitist and bullying the "little guys" with APS-C and Toy Cameras...and you guys know I'm not like that. Now I am afraid to even use the K1 for fear of being attacked. I should have thought before I leaped......

Otis keeps hollering out..."Don't listen to the little people, pixel shift squirrels and don't worry about them!" I feel torn....

Regards!
05-09-2016, 01:52 PM - 2 Likes   #1477
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great looking shots, Skank & Rupert!
Another non-pro, obviously amateur X10 photo

05-11-2016, 05:53 PM - 2 Likes   #1478
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

X10 again....

Last edited by paulh; 05-12-2016 at 03:16 PM.
05-14-2016, 10:51 AM   #1479
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
X10 again....
Those are all nice ones Paul........the X10 is really working well for you. I took my K1 out yesterday and for what I was doing immediately realized I needed the X10/X20 instead. A big bulky FF camera is not what we need when out and about to capture moments. Long live Toy Cameras!

Squirrels may now demand FF shots, but people like a Toy Camera much better and are more willing to pose for one.

Regards!
05-21-2016, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #1480
Veteran Member

Been cutting about on the bikes.... Was up in Northumberland with my "road" bike exploring the coast of Northumberland. I could really use a jersey pocket camera, the One-Plus X camera isn't really cutting it for me. The saddle bag worked its way loose.

Got home at took my IGH bike off on the coast to coast mineral tram way, some nice off road bits along the way

Cheers, Steve
05-21-2016, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #1481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice set of "road trip" shots, skank!

At a local church grounds in April with the X10:
05-23-2016, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #1482
Veteran Member

So my sister found my 1st digital camera the little Panny FX500 (well it's a 520 as I bought it in the Middle East)

Thought it would make the perfect jersey camera to take out on the bike..... well I was going to go Dartmoor today for a practice ride for my mountain bike leaders course, took the camera out of my pocket.... left the battery at home!

But apart from the lack of camera and getting filthy it was a good day. More bike picks I'm afraid...

Maybe I should work on my tan....

Cheers, Steve
05-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #1483
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice countryside and great socks! I see you took a hit for us, too. Good going Steve!!
05-23-2016, 03:28 PM - 2 Likes   #1484
Veteran Member

Thanks, Dartmoor is lovely, was a nice ride but hard in places, I quite like cross country but not a big fan when it starts to get technical down hill. Well they were better than a 2hr drive back in these sock, which match my bike.....

I got a bit stuck...

I went ass over tit at the end of a down hill section, switch off for a second and my wheel disappeared into a ditch..... no major damage, just a graze on the leg and one across my stomach where my handle bars caught me.

Cheers, Steve
05-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #1485
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
So my sister found my 1st digital camera the little Panny FX500 (well it's a 520 as I bought it in the Middle East)

Thought it would make the perfect jersey camera to take out on the bike..... well I was going to go Dartmoor today for a practice ride for my mountain bike leaders course, took the camera out of my pocket.... left the battery at home!

But apart from the lack of camera and getting filthy it was a good day. More bike picks I'm afraid...

Maybe I should work on my tan....

Cheers, Steve
Still my p&s camera.
Nice work.