Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2015, 07:54 AM   #766
Veteran Member

Thanks Rupert I’m really pleased with the X30, become a bit of a Classic Chrome whore lol, my default for colour shots now. BTW did you see the recent Fuji XQ-2, a bit cheaper entrance to the classic chrome love, but scarifies a bit of range and I know you are not a fan of view finder’less cameras, oh and Fuji have a 120-400mm lens on the road map....

A few more for the prosperity of the toy camera thread.

I seem to break the rule of thirds quite a bit......

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 01-16-15 at 07:59 AM ----------

Oh also forgot the X-post (no pun intended....) these one, also used the 2X zoom on some of these.

Some more from me, take near Hyde Park Corner.

The new auto focus is a handy upgrade from the X10 managed to get some usable shots of some flighty birds.

Had to crop this one quite heavy, the Robin was a little scared of me getting close!

Cheers, Steve

Last edited by skankin_giant; 01-16-2015 at 10:10 AM.
01-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #767
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
More nice shots Skank ...another nice lighthouse, and I love the little birdie shots!

I see no advantage of the XQ-2 over the other small X cameras....even the XF1 is more appealing to me...and a lot cheaper! In fact, the XF1 does appeal to me, I have almost bought one several times for a shirt pocket camera.....but no viewfinder is just not practical here with the bright sunshine.

Even today with the thin wisp of clouds, it was too bright for the LCD with the sun to your back.

X20

Keep up the great posts, we all love to see what each other gets with our Toy Cameras!

Regards!
01-17-2015, 12:55 AM   #768
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
This biggest pain is the settings reset, if you leave it without a filter it’s not so bad, but I was wanting to try the Rhianna filter that the developer bigged up so much, this was ok but every time it went to sleep it would reset to default, just a bit of a pain really.

Popped out for a walk along the coast while the kids were in playgroup, remembered to take the X30! A bit choppy today!

WW2 costal look out.

Even seems some wild seals chilling out, glad we didn’t take the kids as they would have spooked them! Had to use the 2X intelligent zoom to get in close enough.

Was quite a few of them.

Was nice to get out for a walk and blow some cobwebs out!

Cheers, Steve
Great shots - and the seals looks quite comfortable there

I like the coastal lookout too, has an "old" look. And i have always been interested in the WW2 history, it's crazy how much they got build in so "short" time over a hugh area of the world.
01-17-2015, 03:03 AM   #769
Veteran Member

Thanks for the comments, My Grandfather was a labourer and built quite a few defences around the Lizard Peninsula.

Rupert talking about printing I’ve just took delivery of a Canon CP910, mainly to produce some scrap book pictures of the kids, seemed a bit better system then the Fuji SP1 and cheaper to boot!

Cheers, Steve

01-17-2015, 06:48 PM   #770
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank, I just looked up that Canon CP910 and it looks like the idea printer for you. You should get a ton of enjoyment from it! Let us know how it works for you and if it meets your expectations.

Not much here but I did think about you guys and brought you some "browsing food".

X20
Excellent catfish...and fried okra!

Or if you prefer....fried chicken!

Enjoy!
01-18-2015, 02:11 AM   #771
Veteran Member

Will let you know how it goes, waiting on a paper/ink pack.
I have got a 5 ink Canon printer but it uses that much ink in a short space of time (at a £50 for al the inks!) I thought it was worth giving this a go.

Cheers, Steve
01-18-2015, 08:30 AM   #772
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Drought has taken its toll on Lake Grapevine - most of this should be under water. Canon SD1100IS (xposted)
btw, nice set of shots Skank!

01-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #773
Veteran Member

Thanks, love yours, I’m a fan of the more from me, taken down Porthleven a little fishing village where my mother was born, took both my X-Pro and X30, here are the X30 ones of course!

Sun was bright over the harbour today!

On the way home I thought I would snap a picture of the old Post Office/Corner shop (not sure if it is still going)

2 miners have a pasty and a cup of tea!

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 01-18-15 at 12:15 PM ----------

Here you go Rupert, quite a cute little thing, Does an OK job, no high quality but up to the standard of supermarket printer booths. Sorry for poor lighting, the light above the kitchen table isn't the best for photography, dont have much room either!

It does 4 passes per print to get the final image.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited by skankin_giant; 01-18-2015 at 12:17 PM.
01-19-2015, 07:18 AM   #774
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Skank...Looks like the printer is working nicely for you! The print turned out well, and you captured a scene I am familiar with.....

Allee and her chocolate addiction

Mr Bassie......You are still making the X30 shine and using all its advantages. Keep it up and keep them coming here!

So good to see you guys posting more here, the shots we get are mostly "real world" shots, the kind that are both interesting and enjoyable. We don't have to pixel peep or spend hours on critique looking for flaws, we just get to enjoy!

Regards!
01-20-2015, 12:52 AM   #775
Veteran Member

A 3 shot panorama of the Paarl Valley, with my Canon G7X, unedited except for creating the panorama and resizing...

01-20-2015, 12:56 AM   #776
Veteran Member

A quaint little restaurant along the road in the Little Karoo country side

Last edited by altopiet; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
01-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #777
Veteran Member

Gordons Bay Harbour, and sunset along Strand beach...

Last edited by altopiet; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
01-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #778
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice shooting, and some scenic views too! Love that last shot! Whereabouts is Little Karoo? Not familiar with it....I do know it's not in Texas, but the landscape in the first two shots looks similar to parts here.

Regards!

Remember guys/girls.......Toy Cameras are for fun and capturing memories, sort of like Toy Sports Cars. Sure, a SUV or Pick 'em Up truck can haul around a load of people or a half ton of manure, but it isn't a tenth as much fun! A FF camera will fit nicely in your SUV or Truck along with the manure......but a Toy Camera will fit in your jacket pocket! For me, I'd rather ride in the pocket than alongside the manure! However, with all the FF manure I see on various threads here at PF, if a Pentax FF ever develops, it will be very used to manure!
01-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #779
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice shooting, and some scenic views too! Love that last shot! Whereabouts is Little Karoo? Not familiar with it....I do know it's not in Texas, but the landscape in the first two shots looks similar to parts here.

Regards!

Remember guys/girls.......Toy Cameras are for fun and capturing memories, sort of like Toy Sports Cars. Sure, a SUV or Pick 'em Up truck can haul around a load of people or a half ton of manure, but it isn't a tenth as much fun! A FF camera will fit nicely in your SUV or Truck along with the manure......but a Toy Camera will fit in your jacket pocket! For me, I'd rather ride in the pocket than alongside the manure! However, with all the FF manure I see on various threads here at PF, if a Pentax FF ever develops, it will be very used to manure!
Thanks Rupert, the Little Karoo, is in the southern part of South Africa, about 150 miles from Cape Town, and is sort of semi desert...
01-20-2015, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #780
Veteran Member

Nice work Christo, really like the sunset shot.

Cheers, Steve