Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2108 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #1051
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
If I had any leftover I'd share it with you guys...but I didn't!

X20 Toy Camera...but the steaks were real!

Regards!

05-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #1052
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OK, I've been viewing this thread to get an idea of what's out there for compacts. I have the MX-1 and love it, and I just took the plunge on a Sony WX350 (for it's smaller size and longer zoom), which should be here Wednesday. Before it gets here I want to really give my MX-1 a work out, so I can compare the two and decide which one to keep, or if it makes sense to keep both.

So from now until... whenever, I guess I will share my shots here... The MX-1 counts as a toy camera, right??

05-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #1053
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
The MX-1 counts as a toy camera, right??
Certainly does! You are most welcome to post your shots here, and the shots from your new Toy Camera when it arrives. We look forward to it!

Mr Bassie....those are wonderful! You are a true Toy Camera participant here. Would love to see more from the "son of the infamous sprocket rocket."

Let's keep the Toy Camera thread alive and well her on PForums......I need to do more myself...as soon as I tire of my new big bulky K5IIs and that heavy Bigma strapped on it I will have more Toy Camera shots. Of course, they won't be amazing like some of you post, but they will still be fun to shoot, because Toy Cameras ARE fun to shoot!

Regards!
05-17-2015, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #1054
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Club Sara, and great shots as usual from Mr Bassie! My toy cameras aren't seeing as much use these days, but I did take the Canon Powershot on a dogwalk last week. The wild honeysuckle is thick right now with all the rain - this shot cost me about 5 or 6 mosquito bites

05-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #1055
Veteran Member

My new toy camera the Pentax QS1 is beyond cool. Yeah, I know it's not a point and shoot but this camera is so much fun I think it certainly qualifies as a TOY. Not to mention most of the lenses I have for it are totally toys. Most of them they're smaller than a QUARTER! My whole "Q" kit sans duplicate charger fits into a makeup bag in my purse if I want it to and actually it weighs less than the emergency basic makeup kit I do keep in there.

I believe in being prepared, shrug. As well as the usual actual car emergency kit I also keep a little duffle with some towels, a pair of yoga pants, some slip on shoes, a long t-shirt, a good basic black dress, some sparkly junk jewelry, and some nice shoes in my car. If it rains and I get really soaked I have towels and extra clothes. I can go from shirt and jeans to cocktail party queen in under 20 minutes if I have to and I have upon being invited to dinner or a party or whatever.

I used that outfit not too long ago actually. I went to do a photo shoot for this nice couple and afterwards I got invited to a little cocktail party/BBQ. They let me borrow a shower and some shampoo and that and in no time I was walking around like Audrey Hepburn in my little black dress a faux cocktail in my hand chatting sometimes, but mostly people watching. It was kind of fun and the BBQ was great too. I wish I had had my Q then. I'm sure it would have been quite the popular topic of conversation and given me something to say. I'm rather shy at parties for all I can dress like I belong there. The Q, I think it might have given me more confidence...
05-17-2015, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #1056
Veteran Member

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^ I'm addicted to the Single In... challenge here on the forums, but sometimes it's REALLY nice to just "point and shoot", without all the pressure to make it grandiose, and of scenes that are pretty mundane. I think I totally get the "toy camera" appeal. That's kind of why I intentionally got a new toy camera with limited features, so that I wouldn't be pressured to make every shot into art.

A couple more from last night with the MX-1. My children:

Last edited by severalsnakes; 05-17-2015 at 02:04 PM.
05-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #1057
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The MX-1 counts as a toy camera, right??
To me? No. The MX-1 is better specified than my K100D.

But then, the vast majority of cameras in this thread aren't what I would call toy cameras either.

05-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #1058
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a walkaround shot with a point & shoot on a beautiful Spring evening:
05-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #1059
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Just a walkaround shot with a point & shoot on a beautiful Spring evening:
Love the light haze coming through the trees. Gives it a nice atmosphere. Looks like a nice neighborhood!

Keeping my MX-1 on me until the new toy gets here, catching light and scenes as I see them - which is the real appeal of the Toy Camera. Low fuss, low pressure!

05-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #1060
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^ I'm addicted to the Single In... challenge here on the forums, but sometimes it's REALLY nice to just "point and shoot", without all the pressure to make it grandiose, and of scenes that are pretty mundane. I think I totally get the "toy camera" appeal. That's kind of why I intentionally got a new toy camera with limited features, so that I wouldn't be pressured to make every shot into art.

A couple more from last night with the MX-1. My children:

They look like fun. The second shot is a cracker.
05-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #1061
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Enjoy what you guys are all posting....I don't have much of anything for you. Some raccoon tracks in the mud.....he must be a big one, I'd guess around 40 pounds.
X20

Got a couple last night in absolute total darkness. I had to shoot by sound. I heard him coming over the fence, pointed and shot. The X20 with the focus assist is fast and the flash will get a shot you wouldn't get with most cameras.
Sure, they are not masterpieces, but I got them!

I heard him. pointed and shot...couldn't see a damn thing it was pitch black out here.

He wanted that bread I put on the fence....and was headed toward it!

Even my K5IIs would not get a shot like these in absolute total darkness. The X20 is pretty neat for night shooting!

Regards!

Keep those Toy Camera shots coming, we all have different Toy Cameras...and all of them are wonderful!
05-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #1062
Veteran Member

Alright. New tiny toy camera is here: Sony WX350. It is hilariously small. I've yet to get it all figured out, and I feel kind of self-conscious about the IQ, since I'm so spoiled with bigger sensors and RAW files, but I vow to "be OK" with it.

Here are some first shots!

The in-camera "artistic" filters are pretty fun.

05-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #1063
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Snakelady...Those are some pretty neat shots! Looks like you have a winner Toy Camera! Really love the doggie on the floor shot...the filter did great...and the doggie pose was just right!

Hope you will not just post a few and not come back, we need more shots like those here to offset the junk I post!

Regards!
05-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #1064
Veteran Member

I'll be posting some soon from my Q. I'm still getting used to it. I haven't done much yet but take pics of bottles and containers and such. Boring stuff to test out using my A110 lenses. I'm taking my Dad to see one of his doctors next week. They have a great parking lot with tons of draped trees and lots of birds and squirrels running around. More importantly even when it's 90 degrees out it's pretty cool, cool enough for me to stay out of direct sun and still have some fun for a few minutes taking pics of things. I'll see if I can't get some shots of some of Otis's little furry friends for you...
05-21-2015, 07:01 AM   #1065
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some nice ones posted here recently! We had some interesting clouds the other night, so I pointed my old Powershot at them. This is a pretty heavy crop - I didn't even see the high-flying jet until I viewed it on the pc: